What do you look for in a relationship?

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
In a relationship I look for many things of course the usual, love, caring, sharing, openness, compatibly, trust, faithfulness, respect, boundaries, loyalty, support, attraction both physically and mentally etc, communication, honesty, a connection, vulnerability, and affection.

But I do think a relationship works both ways, so realistically someone who wants the same thing and is willing to work at it, because it isn't easy. Also for me as someone whose been through a lot someone whose also dealt with crap should i say, who gets that life's hard and that it can mess you up and affect you. So someone who is open minded and accepting as well, who see's past the obvious and can see behind the front etc.

A friend as well as a partner!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
In a relationship I look for many things of course the usual, love, caring, sharing, openness, compatibly, trust, faithfulness, respect, boundaries, loyalty, support, attraction both physically and mentally etc, communication, honesty, a connection, vulnerability, and affection.

But I do think a relationship works both ways, so realistically someone who wants the same thing and is willing to work at it, because it isn't easy. Also for me as someone whose been through a lot someone whose also dealt with crap should i say, who gets that life's hard and that it can mess you up and affect you. So someone who is open minded and accepting as well, who see's past the obvious and can see behind the front etc.

Great reply. You aren't in a relationship right now I guess Claire8?

S

Saphire

Great answer x.

Friendship is one of the key elements in a good relationship.
It doesn't matter how much you love someone in a romantic sense, if you don't actually like that person...it's doomed.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Great answer x.

Friendship is one of the key elements in a good relationship.
It doesn't matter how much you love someone in a romantic sense, if you don't actually like that person...it's doomed.
Double jeopardy. Horrible thing but it DOES happen.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Oh I know....sometimes we fall for the very people who we don't actually like....it never lasts though.
Lust and love don't always go together.
You have experience?...Hmm....So have I.

It;s the Attraction thing that get Most folks. Looks are only skin deep.

That said, You have to be attracted to someone. If they appear UGLY to you, you wont go near them.

The BIG kicker is....We aren't meant to 'Fancy' "Each other"....We are meant to spread our DNA.

On Earth.

S

Saphire

That said, You have to be attracted to someone. If they appear UGLY to you, you wont go near them.

The BIG kicker is....We aren't meant to 'Fancy' "Each other"....We are meant to spread our DNA.

On Earth.
Course I have experience, most of us do....we just move on.
Attraction often has nothing to do with looks, personally I think a sense of humour is one of the most attractive traits a man can have.
The most gorgeous looking person can be a real turn off if they don't attract you with their personality.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Course I have experience, most of us do....we just move on.
Attraction often has nothing to do with looks, personally I think a sense of humour is one of the most attractive traits a man can have.
The most gorgeous looking person can be a real turn off if they don't attract you with their personality.
Course you have experience....Hmm...It wasn't the same experience I had.

Moving on. Not a problem.

Those things never seem to connect in the right way though do they.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
2 worse things you can say to a |WOMAN| ...| What did I do wrong....And | Was I Unreasonable? |.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

On Earth.
True but I've found there's some very good looking people out there, yet then you see how they treat people, how they react to things and what they stand for and the attraction fades.

S

Saphire

Seriously, communication is vital, no point wondering what you did wrong...or right...or what you didn't do at all that you should have, just ask.

That goes for the female too btw.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Seriously, communication is vital, no point wondering what you did wrong...or right...or what you didn't do at all that you should have, just ask.

That goes for the female too btw.
Agreed!!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
True but I've found there's some very good looking people out there, yet then you see how they treat people, how they react to things and what they stand for and the attraction fades.
Good looks mean nothing.

I'm not a bad looking bloke...I would always be okay with anyone.

It's when women... turn things... That's hard..

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Now some of you know what I look like..;)

Back