Boris and marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do you think that the Catholic Church should have allowed Boris to marry in their Church when he is twice divorced and has had Lord knows how many live in partners ?. I think it`s hypocrisy on the part of the Church to marry him even though his previous marriages were Anglican ,but his new bride is a "staunch" Catholic (??). It stinks .

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Is this the same Catholic Church that recently decreed gay Catholic couples can not marry in church because "God cannot bless sin" and who also argue gay relationships are "deviant behaviour".

The same Catholic Church that covered up the deviancy of its male priests while they abused young boys?

Does anyone give a rats arse if Boris got married in a Catholic Church, really?

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think the Catholic Church has stopped burning the innocent , the different, the wise , the sinners and the witches so I’m sure it was ok .

You mentioned hypocrisy, we better not start on the some religions history of abuse and evil sins .... it could get messy

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Is this the same Catholic Church that recently decreed gay Catholic couples can not marry in church because "God cannot bless sin" and who also argue gay relationships are "deviant behaviour".

The same Catholic Church that covered up the deviancy of its male priests while they abused young boys?

Does anyone give a rats arse if Boris got married in a Catholic Church, really?
If i helped pay for his wedding then yep i do care !

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think the Catholic Church has stopped burning the innocent , the different, the wise , the sinners and the witches so I’m sure it was ok .

You mentioned hypocrisy, we better not start on the some religions history of abuse and evil sins .... it could get messy
In what way ? You mean that it`s not hypocricy to allow people to swear on a Holy Bible to "love etc " another "until death do they part" ? Why don`t they just alter the words "until their next divorce" ?
It no seems that the Catholic Church has the same rules as the other Christian churches ,at least for some people .

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It’s nice to see people find happiness and love , I really don’t think their past relationships should matter. Hopefully I will be getting married soon but I’m sure not going to church, I have no faith in any religion.

However, I do want to marry him because I want to be his wife and spend the rest of my life with him. I do not see my wishes and hopes of the future linked to anything to do with god or a church.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It’s nice to see people find happiness and love , I really don’t think their past relationships should matter. Hopefully I will be getting married soon but I’m sure not going to church, I have no faith in any religion.

However, I do want to marry him because I want to be his wife and spend the rest of my life with him. I do not see my wishes and hopes of the future linked to anything to do with god or a church.
The problem is that signing a bit of paper does not make dreams come true ,sorry. It takes a lot of work for that to happen , not words on paper.

B

Bad_Influence

Some of us have morals ,and of course a lot don`t.
So it’s nothing about the possible hypocrisy of the church, it’s about whether the pennies you put on the collection plate paid for Boris’s confetti? Generally people don’t care who paid for it, in the same way nobody cared who paid for his wallpaper. It has been proven that he did nothing wrong while furnishing No.10, what make you think he used tax payers, or church goers money to fund his wedding?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
So it’s nothing about the possible hypocrisy of the church, it’s about whether the pennies you put on the collection plate paid for Boris’s confetti? Generally people don’t care who paid for it, in the same way nobody cared who paid for his wallpaper. It has been proven that he did nothing wrong while furnishing No.10, what make you think he used tax payers, or church goers money to fund his wedding?
Lets see if you will answer this honestly ,i don`t think so .: If it was Keir Starmer with the same history and not Boris Johnson would you be as easy about him ?
You and i know that in your case it isn`t anything to do with normality but all to do with politics eh ?
Do`nt imagine that we are all idiots ;)

B

Bad_Influence

Lets see if you will answer this honestly ,i don`t think so .: If it was Keir Starmer with the same history and not Boris Johnson would you be as easy about him ?
You and i know that in your case it isn`t anything to do with normality but all to do with politics eh ?
Do`nt imagine that we are all idiots ;)
If it was Starmer I’m sure he’d still be sitting on the fence, unsure of whether he agrees with marriage or not, but ok, let’s say he was in Boris’s place, I can honestly say that if he wanted to get married then I wouldn’t care one iota where he had the ceremony. It’s his and his partners choice. I wouldn’t have a side swipe at him just because it’s Starmer, by pretending to be so concerned about hypocrisy inside the Catholic Church.
At the same time, if in any way Boris is found to have used public monies to fund his wedding I’ll be the first to say he’s out of order.
Do not turn this into a personal slamming match, keep it civil. You have every right to debate our political differences but do not question my right to opinion.
And finally, it’s a mistake to type “Do’nt imagine that we are all idiots” while placing the apostrophe in the word “don’t” in the wrong place. That’s a schoolboy error.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
If it was Starmer I’m sure he’d still be sitting on the fence, unsure of whether he agrees with marriage or not, but ok, let’s say he was in Boris’s place, I can honestly say that if he wanted to get married then I wouldn’t care one iota where he had the ceremony. It’s his and his partners choice. I wouldn’t have a side swipe at him just because it’s Starmer, by pretending to be so concerned about hypocrisy inside the Catholic Church.
At the same time, if in any way Boris is found to have used public monies to fund his wedding I’ll be the first to say he’s out of order.
Do not turn this into a personal slamming match, keep it civil. You have every right to debate our political differences but do not question my right to opinion.
And finally, it’s a mistake to type “Do’nt imagine that we are all idiots” while placing the apostrophe in the word “don’t” in the wrong place. That’s a schoolboy error.
i finished school many moons ago ,so i`m allowed to make "schoolboy " errors now i hope ...if it`s ok by you ?

B

Bad_Influence

No reaction to the rest of my comment? After all, the rest was the important bit.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
If i helped pay for his wedding then yep i do care !

Exactly how did you pay for Boris's private wedding in Westminster Cathedral?

Deliberately toned down and kept intimate by only inviting 30 guests and when they could have invited hundreds, including other heads of state and cost the UK a small fortune.

Allegedly this tory regime is planning to spend 400 million on a new super yacht to honour the ghastly Prince Phillip and people are getting worked up because Boris got married to his long term partner.

Let's try to keep things in perspective.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I personally don't care who paid for or where he did it . i hope they will b very happy together for as long as it last.
He should by now the cost of how much a divorce costs.

Last edited:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Don't suppose his salary covers his circumstances, do you? Three current or ex wives, six children plus new wallpaper.
How's a PM supposed to manage?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Exactly how did you pay for Boris's private wedding in Westminster Cathedral?

Deliberately toned down and kept intimate by only inviting 30 guests and when they could have invited hundreds, including other heads of state and cost the UK a small fortune.

Allegedly this tory regime is planning to spend 400 million on a new super yacht to honour the ghastly Prince Phillip and people are getting worked up because Boris got married to his long term partner.

Let's try to keep things in perspective.
Read the full text of my post and tell me exactly where is type that "i helped pay for his wedding " ?? You make mountains out of molehills just to stay in with certain other members who have posted on here ?.
You want my exact words ?? " IF i thought that i helped to pay for the wedding " try reading the full version ,not the bit that fits into your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back