Thoughts on the latest news about the Vaccine?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines being given to millions of people in the UK by the NHS are extremely safe, with some mild expected side-effects, says the country's drugs regulator.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
...And... the Pfizer drug is said to be 85% effective after just one dose.
I am a happy man.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I was pretty chuffed that i had the vaccine at weekend .Think that i was helping to protect myself plus others by getting stabbed in the arm.
Just read that latest scientific evidence from Israel ,after solid tests ,is that the P***** * Vaccine doesn`t have the high Efficacy thats claimed and that if the 2nd jab is left for the 12 weeks which Government here are suggesting ,then it will even lower the resistance for anyone over aged 60 ! .
Someone has made a booby or the Israel Scientists are wrong ?.
Any ideas >
Last I heard was that the Pfizer drug gave 85% protection after just one dose.
That makes me a happy man,

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have had my first dose of the Astra Zeneca, the side effects i had was sickness, dreadful, painful shivering for over 48hrs hours and being icy cold, a very painful arm which i still can't really touch, but that's a small price to pay.

Last edited:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
What with much of our immigrant population refusing the vaccine I can see troubles ahead.
When we need to show we have been treated before being allowed to enter shops, restaurants etc?

B

Bad_Influence

What with much of our immigrant population refusing the vaccine I can see troubles ahead.
When we need to show we have been treated before being allowed to enter shops, restaurants etc?

As far as I’m aware there are NO plans in place to show you’ve “been treated” before being allowed into shops, restaurants etc. This kind of misinformation is, and has been the whole problem with lockdown.
Yes for some will need events you may need to show you’ve been tested but as far as I read what was said today, nothing about ‘treatment’ or vaccines have been used as a criteria.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It will infringe on too many laws.

It should be expected that eventually you will only be able to travel abroad with evidence of having had the vaccine.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The stone has been dropped in the lake and the ripples are spreading!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Even now, ministers are discussing 'immunity passports.'
Covid status certificates are also on the cards.
You know it's only a matter of time before we will all be obliged to get some sort of confirmation that we have been well-jabbed.:eek:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I have had my first dose of the Astra Zeneca, the side effects i had was sickness, dreadful, painful shivering for over 48hrs hours and being icy cold, a very painful arm which i still can't really touch, but that's a small price to pay.
My wife had the Astra Zeneca vaccine, with nothing but a slightly sore arm.
I had Pfizer, with no problems.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You know it's only a matter of time before we will all be obliged to get some sort of confirmation that we have been well-jabbed.:eek:

Covid certification is already in place, to fly you require a certificate showing a negative covid test within 24 hours of departure.

B

Bad_Influence

As was said by many yesterday, the legal, moral and ethical restrictions may make it impossible for the govt to demand covid passports.
It possible individual venues could bring in the idea but to do it on a national level is fraught with danger. Stop pretending it’s going to happen, you know as well as I do that it’s unlikely.
You do like to scare people don’t you Dong?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
As was said by many yesterday, the legal, moral and ethical restrictions may make it impossible for the govt to demand covid passports.
It possible individual venues could bring in the idea but to do it on a national level is fraught with danger. Stop pretending it’s going to happen, you know as well as I do that it’s unlikely.
You do like to scare people don’t you Dong?
And I thought you were scared already!
:eek::eek::eek:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well ,here's the latest!

"Boris Johnson has promised a review into the use of vaccine passports, but said there were "deep and complex issues" to consider.

He said the idea of Covid status certificates - having to show something to go to a pub or the theatre - was a "novelty" for the UK.

Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove will lead the vaccine passport review."
A novelty?

B

Bad_Influence

Well ,here's the latest!

"Boris Johnson has promised a review into the use of vaccine passports, but said there were "deep and complex issues" to consider.

He said the idea of Covid status certificates - having to show something to go to a pub or the theatre - was a "novelty" for the UK.

Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove will lead the vaccine passport review."
A novelty?

You do know what a ‘review’ is right?

Back