Thoughts on the latest news about the Vaccine?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I was pretty chuffed that i had the vaccine at weekend .Think that i was helping to protect myself plus others by getting stabbed in the arm.
Just read that latest scientific evidence from Israel ,after solid tests ,is that the P***** * Vaccine doesn`t have the high Efficacy thats claimed and that if the 2nd jab is left for the 12 weeks which Government here are suggesting ,then it will even lower the resistance for anyone over aged 60 ! .
Someone has made a booby or the Israel Scientists are wrong ?.
Any ideas >

Lucylockett

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The flu vaccine is only 40 to 60 % effective so what theses scientists from all over the world, working together to achieve the same goal for a covid19 vaccination to help get us all with this terrible situation is amazing... when was the last time the world worked together like this? Covid 19 is not going away but anything to help us to have some protection against it is better than nothing. It’s not a cure, it’s not a quick fix but it will help give us all some protection and it is the only way we will get over this

Last edited:

TheThinker

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I still have my tin foil hat handy,, think i need to wear it again?:eek: its not as if people were not warned.

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
And I still have my tin potty complete with visor! :D Actually the fact that the vaccine programme is now put in place, I find it somewhat reassuring that there will be added protection against this devastating disease. I strongly believe that although after I am vaccinated whenever that happens we will still have to have the strict regime of hand washing, mask wearing and social distancing. I do not think that life will return to the norm as we have known it for a very long time possibly years. However, the vaccination programme will give the scientists more time to develop a better defence again this Corona virus. As we know the Covid 19 virus has mutated into a much more prevalent form and doubtlessly it will mutate again. There is hope and as Lucylockett said re the world working together, it is my hope that this will continue. :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I never had much faith in the vaccine, it was rushed into production far too quickly. It became a race between the drug companies, corners were inevitably cut. Not only that, the virus has already mutated, so it must have reduced the vaccine's efficacy. Herd immunity was possibly the way to go. The government did flirt with that at the start but instead, went for the endless lockdown route. Sooner or later, everyone will have to come into contact with the virus. It might have been better to let nature take its course and get it over and done with, was just a thought.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I never had much faith in the vaccine, it was rushed into production far too quickly. It became a race between the drug companies, corners were inevitably cut. Not only that, the virus has already mutated, so it must have reduced the vaccine's efficacy. Herd immunity was possibly the way to go. The government did flirt with that at the start but instead, went for the endless lockdown route. Sooner or later, everyone will have to come into contact with the virus. It might have been better to let nature take its course and get it over and done with, was just a thought.
Herd immunity" may have been easier ,at no cost whatsoever to those who fit into the "low vulnerable " group .I think maybe there would have been a lot more deaths in the very vulnerable section of our society. If that is what the population want then fine but tell those who are likely to die if they venture outside into the herd collection. One might say don`t treat any of the vulnerable people if they catch it .If they die they die ,tough ?.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One might say don`t treat any of the vulnerable people if they catch it .If they die they die ,tough ?.
On a news item the other day in the hospital's ICU, the staff, simply out of necessity, were prioritising the young over the old . . . ......

There are some who are so concerned about the ever-expanding population having a dire effect on planet Earth, that they would welcome a disease that mainly affects the old and the sick. Animals in the wild rarely die of old age, they get so old or infirm that they can't compete for food . . .. . . .that's nature's way. but mankind is supposedly better than that so we have to try to save everyone.
Interestingly, there are 100 year olds in care homes that have survived this virus. it's all in the genes whether you're immune or vulnerable to this ailment, it was decided the day you were born.
I do hope the Dong reads this.
I don't know what's happened to that Dong character, I used to look forward to his amusing quips and excellent poetry. I think you can spent too much time on a platform and just run out of things to say, so you end up just rambling, well that's what happened to me :rolleyes:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I do hope the Dong reads this.
The Dong must read a superior source. It says that two shots of the Pfizer and you are almost certainly free as a carrier of the Corona Virus. You are also preserved from it's worst effects, if not all.
Sounds good to me. Better get yours asap eh?

This quote comes from the world of science...not mumbo jumbo!

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The Dong must read a superior source. It says that two shots of the Pfizer and you are almost certainly free as a carrier of the Corona Virus. You are also preserved from it's worst effects, if not all.

i told you as soon they send for me now stop worrying about140979321_10159140924526543_630592376971158334_o.png it..

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
On a news item the other day in the hospital's ICU, the staff, simply out of necessity, were prioritising the young over the old . . . ......

There are some who are so concerned about the ever-expanding population having a dire effect on planet Earth, that they would welcome a disease that mainly affects the old and the sick. Animals in the wild rarely die of old age, they get so old or infirm that they can't compete for food . . .. . . .that's nature's way. but mankind is supposedly better than that so we have to try to save everyone.
Interestingly, there are 100 year olds in care homes that have survived this virus. it's all in the genes whether you're immune or vulnerable to this ailment, it was decided the day you were born.

I don't know what's happened to that Dong character, I used to look forward to his amusing quips and excellent poetry. I think you can spent too much time on a platform and just run out of things to say, so you end up just rambling, well that's what happened to me :rolleyes:
Er! Ladies on a rooftop
Wreathed in smiles
Should I tell them
'Watch for piles?'

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

I can`t see your age anywhere miss?:). What age do you consider being "old" and a drain on the planet ?. Do you have parents ,g.parents who you would gladly sacrifice for a young drugged up alki who goes around stabbing other kids for fun ? .
Humans are certainly more capable of having empathy with other humans plus animals even. Maybe that`s a Genetic function too.
If it hadn`t been for the older generation then we wouldn`t have such a thing as the NHS and it would be survival of the fittest ,which i think you are trying to suggest ?.
The population explosion isn`t really part of the UK but more likely to be in the 3rd world countries. Teach them birth control and they`ll be exactly as we are i think :).

B

Bad_Influence

I said at the start of all this that ‘herd immunity’ while shielding the most vulnerable was the way to go, although it would have been political suicide. There is no evidence to prove more lives would have been lost in the long term and certainly the financial health of the country, and the mental health of millions would have not been affected as much as it has been.
Our kids and grandkids are going to be paying for this for decades to come, both mentally and financially.

Even if accurate, it does NOT prevent you from spreading the virus. It will still live on your hands and in the air you breathe.
That superior source of yours is the same one I read, it just seems I read it correctly.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I know about paying for loans built up during WW2 which myself and others had to pay off from 1945 until 2006.A long time eh ? My problem is that i can`t remember having any real hardship from it ! We had jobs ,we earned enough money to live and pay Taxes ( which helped pay for the debt).I got married ,had 3 kids during that period and nobody starved .I had a nice car too . I think this with the "g.kids having to pay off the huge debts we have accumulated through Covid19" is a bit of scaremongering actually :). Whilst it`s true it won`t be as hard as some people suggest.
If all restrictions are lifted by end of this year and everyone has been vaccinated then i am prepared to bet that within 1 year it`ll be like a bad nightmare but people will be living normally again.

Can i just respond to something which Lady on a rooftop stated about nature and selecting the old & weak to not get any treatment in Hossie. I can envisage a scene where 3 ambulances have pulled up with an "old" person in each suffering with Covid. Should the hospital management say " no ,sorry ,even though we have empty beds we can`t allow them in as in another hour we may get a young person who`s injured in a fight arrive and we need to treat them 1st" ??
Does anyone remember that TV series in the 1970`s( i think) called "the runner" ,or " the chaser" ? There had been a world cataclysm and Neuclear bombs had polluted the planet. Everyone lived in a sealed dome and anyone trying to escape was hunted and killed before they could get out. The whole system worked on the basis that as the young people reached age 30 they went into a special area and were "taken to heaven",or so they thought ! Actually they were gassed so that the only people who lived in the dome were all under 30. I vaguely remember that at the end one of the "runners" chased an escapie outside and there was this normal World ,with normal families ,of babies ,young and old people living and enjoying life .I won`t say how the series ended as it`s really clever ,and if you watch it you won`t want the ending spoiled :)..

B

Bad_Influence

I know about paying for loans built up during WW2 which myself and others had to pay off from 1945 until 2006.A long time eh ? My problem is that i can`t remember having any real hardship from it ! We had jobs ,we earned enough money to live and pay Taxes ( which helped pay for the debt).I got married ,had 3 kids during that period and nobody starved .I had a nice car too . I think this with the "g.kids having to pay off the huge debts we have accumulated through Covid19" is a bit of scaremongering actually :). Whilst it`s true it won`t be as hard as some people suggest.
If all restrictions are lifted by end of this year and everyone has been vaccinated then i am prepared to bet that within 1 year it`ll be like a bad nightmare but people will be living normally again.

Can i just respond to something which Lady on a rooftop stated about nature and selecting the old & weak to not get any treatment in Hossie. I can envisage a scene where 3 ambulances have pulled up with an "old" person in each suffering with Covid. Should the hospital management say " no ,sorry ,even though we have empty beds we can`t allow them in as in another hour we may get a young person who`s injured in a fight arrive and we need to treat them 1st" ??
Does anyone remember that TV series in the 1970`s( i think) called "the runner" ,or " the chaser" ? There had been a world cataclysm and Neuclear bombs had polluted the planet. Everyone lived in a sealed dome and anyone trying to escape was hunted and killed before they could get out. The whole system worked on the basis that as the young people reached age 30 they went into a special area and were "taken to heaven",or so they thought ! Actually they were gassed so that the only people who lived in the dome were all under 30. I vaguely remember that at the end one of the "runners" chased an escapie outside and there was this normal World ,with normal families ,of babies ,young and old people living and enjoying life .I won`t say how the series ended as it`s really clever ,and if you watch it you won`t want the ending spoiled :)..

Ah so because you were ok, everyone must have been? It's nice to realise you're a financial genius who can predict the future and know that it won't be as bad as all the other financial experts suggest. You do know we're already heading towards a 'double-dip' recession??

And out of everything LOAR typed, you invent a very unlikely scenario in an attempt to make a point. Neither she, nor anyone suggested the old should not get treatment, only that the young should get priority in extreme circumstances. Let me invent a scenario for you... Imagine 2 ambulances turning up to hospital, in the first is a 100 yr old person with covid, in the other is the great grandchild of the former..... the hospital has only one ventilator free, What would YOU do with that ventilator?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Ah so because you were ok, everyone must have been? It's nice to realise you're a financial genius who can predict the future and know that it won't be as bad as all the other financial experts suggest. You do know we're already heading towards a 'double-dip' recession??

And out of everything LOAR typed, you invent a very unlikely scenario in an attempt to make a point. Neither she, nor anyone suggested the old should not get treatment, only that the young should get priority in extreme circumstances. Let me invent a scenario for you... Imagine 2 ambulances turning up to hospital, in the first is a 100 yr old person with covid, in the other is the great grandchild of the former..... the hospital has only one ventilator free, What would YOU do with that ventilator?
It`s pretty obvious what i would do .same as any old person would do. Are old people being given priority over young healthy persons ?
Try to watch that series and then you might see what i`m getting at :). Now it almost seems a look into the future from way back in the 70`s :)
Oh and btw LOAR(?) still hasn`t replied as to which age group she belongs to ?:)
I know that all of my kids (3) and all of my g.kids(6) phone us regularly to ask how we are and to avoid going out etc .I guess they are considering us at least ?.

B

Bad_Influence

And I suggested herd-immunity while SHIELDING the vulnerable. How is that not considering the older people?

And why does it matter which age group LOAR fits into?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The film i watched as a series on TV was "Logans Run" ..watch it ,it`s clever :)
I don`t give a toss what age she is Bad :)...but it seems that it`s the young ones who think old people should be allowed to die or suffer in order to preserve the staus quo :).
Btw ,you know most of this .Did any other country apart from Sweden use the Herd system to give people immunity ?

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The film i watched as a series on TV was "Logans Run" ..watch it ,it`s clever :)
I don`t give a toss what age she is Bad :)...but it seems that it`s the young ones who think old people should be allowed to die or suffer in order to preserve the staus quo :).
Btw ,you know most of this .Did any other country apart from Sweden use the Herd system to give people immunity ?

Part of governments contingency and crises planning is to look at worse case - the stark reality is that older people and people with disabilities would lose access to treatment first, if a health system becomes overwhelmed.

It has nothing to do with young peoples opinions (although I appreciate you have received some shocking comments from Blue in chat over this)

Back