Forums: are they being misused?

Are Forum threads now being trivialised?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
When I first used the Forums I found that there was at least a reasonable level of intelligence applied to discussion and I think, like me, others participated because there was something to stimulate their thinking.
I have recently noticed, and mentioned, that one or two of the more prominent contributors are now conspicuous by their absence. It is not difficult to see why.
When you read the threads now, they are about the most trivial of topics and are as disposable as anything produced by any 'consumer industry'. Some don't even warrant or deserve a response.
The trend now seems to be to stray away from the subject in question and pass meaningless and often idiotic comments about other people's posts that have actually contributed to the discussion.
I request that administration considers either disallowing such posts or warning the offenders of failing to make a worthwhile contribution to the threads.
Thanks for your attention.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I first used the Forums I found that there was at least a reasonable level of intelligence applied to discussion and I think, like me, others participated because there was something to stimulate their thinking.
I have recently noticed, and mentioned, that one or two of the more prominent contributors are now conspicuous by their absence. It is not difficult to see why.
When you read the threads now, they are about the most trivial of topics and are as disposable as anything produced by any 'consumer industry'. Some don't even warrant or deserve a response.
The trend now seems to be to stray away from the subject in question and pass meaningless and often idiotic comments about other people's posts that have actually contributed to the discussion.
I request that administration considers either disallowing such posts or warning the offenders of failing to make a worthwhile contribution to the threads.
You consider others posts 'low brow' so you want us to moderate all Forum posts ?

I think you'll find the problem here is you and your air of superiority.

The Forum is here for all chatters to use, not just for you. If you dislike their postings, simple solution, don't read them.

D

Deadpool

The irony. Hit the nail on the head there old boy

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
The irony. Hit the nail on the head there old boy

My point proven. Look up the definition of irony if you get the time away from posting stupid Forum comments. :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
You consider others posts 'low brow' so you want us to moderate all Forum posts ?

I think you'll find the problem here is you and your air of superiority.

The Forum is here for all chatters to use, not just for you. If you dislike their postings, simple solution, don't read them.

My psychic skills have obviously not deserted me. I anticipated this totally negative response from you.
I did it to see if: 1. you'd actually give a response and 2. to confirm what I expected. At least I was correct one one count.
It is not an air of superiority. Only someone with an air of inferiority would even suggest that nonsense.
You have neither offered an opinion nor voted in this thread. Can we adjudge that to be misuse?
Surely, any personal communication should have been done by the correct method (i.e. via my account), and not in an open thread.
I assure you that you are not embarrassing me by doing so. You are embarrassing yourself.
Am I not entitled to my opinion that some of the threads are infantile and pointless? According to you, I am not.
You previously sanctioned me for giving my opinion yet you do not meter out the same directive to others. And you know to whom I refer here.

The sheepish chatters who posted a 'like' here illustrate how threads are becoming misused. It reflects on them and no one else. Incapable of contributing to a thread, which is now de rigeur in the Forums.
In summary, either seem to play fair as an 'administrator', or be seen to be spiteful, vindictive and partial.
I rest my case.

:rolleyes:

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My psychic skills have obviously not deserted me. I anticipated this totally negative response from you.
I did it to see if: 1. you'd actually give a response and 2. to confirm what I expected. At least I was correct one one count.
It is not an air of superiority. Only someone with an air of inferiority would even suggest that nonsense.
You have neither offered an opinion nor voted in this thread. Can we adjudge that to be misuse?
Surely, any personal communication should have been done by the correct method (i.e. via my account), and not in an open thread.
I assure you that you are not embarrassing me by doing so. You are embarrassing yourself.
Am I not entitled to my opinion that some of the threads are infantile and pointless? According to you, I am not.
You previously sanctioned me for giving my opinion yet you do not meter out the same directive to others. And you know to whom I refer here.
The sheepish chatters who posted a 'like' here illustrate how threads are becoming misused. It reflects on them and no one else. Incapable of contributing to a thread, which is now de rigeur in the Forums.
In summary, either seem to play fair as an 'administrator', or be seen to be spiteful, vindictive and partial.
I rest my case.

:rolleyes:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We need characters like you around to give the joint atmosphere.:)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed with the lack of responses to this thread.
Not because there are only 3 votes registered, expectedly voting 'No'; but because NOBODY has rationalised their vote and offered an opinion either way. :rolleyes:. Maybe I should have removed the voting factor.
Maybe I should be asking superficial questions like: 'Do you think UK Chat should give new chatters an exam/test before they are allowed into chat rooms'?
I wonder what the pass rate would be if I personally set the test. ;)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed with the lack of responses to this thread.
Not because there are only 3 votes registered, expectedly voting 'No'; but because NOBODY has rationalised their vote and offered an opinion either way. :rolleyes:. Maybe I should have removed the voting factor.
Maybe I should be asking superficial questions like: 'Do you think UK Chat should give new chatters an exam/test before they are allowed into chat rooms'?
I wonder what the pass rate would be if I personally set the test. ;)
I had to log back on to give a response to what is well established now .That Threads are corrupted before they even get started by the same old clique too . Do`nt ask about a serious subject if you are expecting serious responses. That`s my lot for now , i`m off to bed !.G`night.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I had to log back on to give a response to what is well established now .That Threads are corrupted before they even get started by the same old clique too . Do`nt ask about a serious subject if you are expecting serious responses. That`s my lot for now , i`m off to bed !.G`night.

You're right.
It would appear that trivia is the order of the day and should not expect a serious or intelligent reply to something that requires a bit of thought.
Watch for the usual, puerile comments now that I have replied to you in the thread.
:D

B

Bad_Influence

You're right.
It would appear that trivia is the order of the day and should not expect a serious or intelligent reply to something that requires a bit of thought.
Watch for the usual, puerile comments now that I have replied to you in the thread.
:D

Just get a room you two. Nobody wants to see your flirting

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the Lottery now, based on my incredible ability to predict things. :cool:

Scotsman87

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

Not really been on that long so can't really comment....

azureblue

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Wicked Perdition I am frankly puzzled why you think you should set yourself as judge and jury when it comes to deciding what topics are worthy of discussion, nothing I have seen from you in chat or the forum seems to point to this higher intellect which you claim to posses, you don't have anything interesting to say about anything. Never seen you mention a book, film, artist or beautiful equation all you do is shuffle through your dog eared set of narcissists cue cards.
You seem to be labouring under the impression that the more long or obscure words you can fit into a sentence the more intelligent you appear, it doesn't work. it just makes your prose very clunky and tedious to read. you are not impressing anyone.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I`m sure they don`t . They would much rather watch you and your lot spouting utter filth in a room which is quoted as " mild sexual references" .Haaa mild ?? you crew could beat the sister site for the disgusting clutter which pours from your typing. All i can say is " Watch out Lobby,the ex-yah herd are preparing to blitzkreig you next !! .Prepare to fight on the beaches ,etc :)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Wicked Perdition I am frankly puzzled why you think you should set yourself as judge and jury when it comes to deciding what topics are worthy of discussion, nothing I have seen from you in chat or the forum seems to point to this higher intellect which you claim to posses, you don't have anything interesting to say about anything. Never seen you mention a book, film, artist or beautiful equation all you do is shuffle through your dog eared set of narcissists cue cards.
You seem to be labouring under the impression that the more long or obscure words you can fit into a sentence the more intelligent you appear, it doesn't work. it just makes your prose very clunky and tedious to read. you are not impressing anyone.
Try the 40/50 room Blue .You might find a better class of sexually perverted mentality there to discus art (?) , books(?), and all manner of depraved topics. Give it a try .

Resolute

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Perhaps they can use your room after you and Wojcik have finished with it.

Although, if they have to wait until the two of you have satisfied each other, it might be quicker for them to book themselves in at the Premier Inn, Mars - you know, they do say it's only a matter of decades ;)

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score
Forums are for chatters who wanna chat about fun or serious topics, if you don't like a topic don't read it :)

Back