Forums: are they being misused?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by WickedPerdition, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:50 PM.

?

Are Forum threads now being trivialised?

This poll will close on Oct 14, 2020 at 11:50 PM.
  1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

100.0%
  1. WickedPerdition

WickedPerdition UNABLE TO STOP BITCHING

When I first used the Forums I found that there was at least a reasonable level of intelligence applied to discussion and I think, like me, others participated because there was something to stimulate their thinking.
    I have recently noticed, and mentioned, that one or two of the more prominent contributors are now conspicuous by their absence. It is not difficult to see why.
    When you read the threads now, they are about the most trivial of topics and are as disposable as anything produced by any 'consumer industry'. Some don't even warrant or deserve a response.
    The trend now seems to be to stray away from the subject in question and pass meaningless and often idiotic comments about other people's posts that have actually contributed to the discussion.
    I request that administration considers either disallowing such posts or warning the offenders of failing to make a worthwhile contribution to the threads.
    Thanks for your attention.

2. Bad_Influence

Bad_Influence Chat God & T.A.G.

Awww diddums

3. elwoodbluz1966

elwoodbluz1966 Administrator Staff Member

You consider others posts 'low brow' so you want us to moderate all Forum posts ?

I think you'll find the problem here is you and your air of superiority.

The Forum is here for all chatters to use, not just for you. If you dislike their postings, simple solution, don't read them.

4. Deadpool

Deadpool UKChat Familiar

The irony. Hit the nail on the head there old boy

5. WickedPerdition

My point proven. Look up the definition of irony if you get the time away from posting stupid Forum comments. :rolleyes:

6. WickedPerdition

My psychic skills have obviously not deserted me. I anticipated this totally negative response from you.
    I did it to see if: 1. you'd actually give a response and 2. to confirm what I expected. At least I was correct one one count.
    It is not an air of superiority. Only someone with an air of inferiority would even suggest that nonsense.
    You have neither offered an opinion nor voted in this thread. Can we adjudge that to be misuse?
    Surely, any personal communication should have been done by the correct method (i.e. via my account), and not in an open thread.
    I assure you that you are not embarrassing me by doing so. You are embarrassing yourself.
    Am I not entitled to my opinion that some of the threads are infantile and pointless? According to you, I am not.
    You previously sanctioned me for giving my opinion yet you do not meter out the same directive to others. And you know to whom I refer here.

The sheepish chatters who posted a 'like' here illustrate how threads are becoming misused. It reflects on them and no one else. Incapable of contributing to a thread, which is now de rigeur in the Forums.
    In summary, either seem to play fair as an 'administrator', or be seen to be spiteful, vindictive and partial.
    I rest my case.

:rolleyes:

7. elwoodbluz1966

elwoodbluz1966 Administrator Staff Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. LadyOnArooftop

LadyOnArooftop UKChat Expert

We need characters like you around to give the joint atmosphere.:)