Is it about time Management looked at making Ageism an offense on this site?

jefffs

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Nobody says about my age personal i wouldt bother and jefffs is a true gent im just his crap apprentice
lol Words I cant teach you anything, you forget it was you who taught me

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
All lies jefffs you know im the shy and innocent one in chat:(

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
On your knees ..........Second thought dont because your never get back up very quickly :)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Obviously some clever(??) people on here need an example of the word "old" being used in a flippant fashion and someone deliberately using he same word "old" as a measure of insult.

a. " Hello you old fart ,not seen you in ages .How are you ?"

b. " what is that old codger doing ,chatting on here when he should be tucked up in bed snoring" ( from someone who is obviously a non-chatfriend)

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Hold on... so one person raises the subject about the ageist abuse he receives, it is then dismissed because they didn't personally witness it, in comes Jefffs and now there's outrage.

I have seen the ageist insults thrown at both @hell2bwith76 and at @jefffs , and others. Regardless of what you think of each individual it is discriminatory and not something anyone can control, in the same way people cannot amend their race, gender or sexuality.

I personally agree that it should be considered the same way for the reason I have given. It is unlikely to happen though. So in the meantime just rise above it or block the nasty pasties.

Brava, old girl! <Just a little jest between chat buddies, so don't be offended> ;)
It's so heartwarming to read someone who is not reliant on the populist vote.
If only age brought wisdom, I am sure we would not think any less of some of the 'elder' chat members who set a poor example to the 'younger' members.
Once upon a time they would congregate in one particular room because, in chat, herd immunity usually works.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I consider that some members use Age as a derogatory and abusive way of trying to get a rise out of another member who happens to be old. Surely this sort of behaviour shouldn`t be approved on this site ?
Let`s see what sort of response this thread gets .

Yes, of course ageism should be outlawed in both chat rooms AND Forums, as it is generally in society.
If it means discrimination and prejudice in the chat rooms, then it should be frowned upon by the administration in UK Chat and guidance should be given, as it is, regarding sexual references prior to entering a chat room. No boundaries are applied to Forum postings, seemingly! :rolleyes:
Homophobia, racism, sexism and atheism are already outlawed in society as is ageism. So, what exists in society SHOULD be reflected in UK Chat policy.
God knows why I mentioned atheism.
I hope that your 'appeal' does not fall on 'deaf ears', hell2bwith76.
:)

M

mario2

Are we talking in general or specifically about you.

I've only ever once witnessed ageism on here and she was about the same age as him so guess don' really count.

Personally i don't see peoples age as long as the chats decent i'm not bothered
Me too, i dont give a damm if people take the piss out of my age .
Some people are just too damm touchy.

jefffs

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
mario2 i wasnt whinging was just saying as it is, in reply to another comment, I coundnt give a damn about your comment

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Yes, of course ageism should be outlawed in both chat rooms AND Forums, as it is generally in society.
If it means discrimination and prejudice in the chat rooms, then it should be frowned upon by the administration in UK Chat and guidance should be given, as it is, regarding sexual references prior to entering a chat room. No boundaries are applied to Forum postings, seemingly! :rolleyes:
Homophobia, racism, sexism and atheism are already outlawed in society as is ageism. So, what exists in society SHOULD be reflected in UK Chat policy.
God knows why I mentioned atheism.
I hope that your 'appeal' does not fall on 'deaf ears', hell2bwith76.
:)
I think it`s a lot to ask of ex-members who are now Hirarchy to change their old habits eh ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Note the ones who "liked " this .Same old click who take great pleasure from deriding members who they don`t approve of by quoting the age factor. Does anyone on this site ever see a member type " ohhh they are 53,what are they doing chatting up young girls ". you won`t because they are Ageist ! Plain and simple ,i don`t think they had any parents .If they did then they didn`t teach their offspring manners ;Empathy or the things which decent kids are taught. If any of my kids had ever shown disrespect to old people they`d have received a sharp lesson in who gave them what they have .
I notice a lack of postings in response to this subject. Hmmmm. They seem to prefer to chat ( laugh !) about it in the chatrooms . Have they suddenly lost their Forum typing ability ?:).

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Note the ones who "liked " this .Same old click who take great pleasure from deriding members who they don`t approve of by quoting the age factor. Does anyone on this site ever see a member type " ohhh they are 53,what are they doing chatting up young girls ". you won`t because they are Ageist ! Plain and simple ,i don`t think they had any parents .If they did then they didn`t teach their offspring manners ;Empathy or the things which decent kids are taught. If any of my kids had ever shown disrespect to old people they`d have received a sharp lesson in who gave them what they have .
I notice a lack of postings in response to this subject. Hmmmm. They seem to prefer to chat ( laugh !) about it in the chatrooms . Have they suddenly lost their Forum typing ability ?:).

My goodness can you stop whining on and on about your age and ppl not respecting you , young ppl do have manners and empathy [ well my 4 have] but you choose to disrespect them then you get back twice as bad.
IT seem that if an elder gentleman seen chatting to a much young woman then yes it causes raised eyebrows. . its they norm for some ppl to say oh look at that dirty old man. You cant change every one out look on it.

most of it not always directed at you . you just think it is. so you start a battle over it . where your big broad shoulders? you dont see Jeffs or Words fighting they just take it on chin or use it as banter.

Last edited:

Tinkerbelle

❤️chat b1tch❤️
Reaction score
Calm down grandad :)

B

Bad_Influence

My goodness can you stop whining on and on about your age and ppl not respecting you , young ppl do have manners and empathy [ well my 4 have] but you choose to disrespect them then you get back twice as bad.
IT seem that if an elder gentleman seen chatting to a much young woman then yes it causes raised eyebrows. . its they norm for some pll to say oh look at that dirty old man. You cant change every one lout look on it.

most of it not always directed at you . you just think it is. so you start a battle over it . where your big broad shoulders? you dont see Jeffs or Words fighting they just take it on chin or use it as banter.

Well said Megs

Back