Cliques. 'The sheep mentality of chat rooms'?

Do you think chat room cliques exist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I speak from experiences in just 1 chatroom on this site .It`s one which most people enjoy being a part of but has recently lost favour for some unseen reason. I have found ,please don`t call me paranoid ( some will i know !) that if a particular person isn`t in that room the others will chat to me normally .If that person ( plus maybe a partner) is in the chatroom the others won`t chat to me ;in fact i think they probably block me . I don`t need to say a word .The herd mentality is definitely there and yet these people are the first ones to claim that they are independant minded .Ha!.
Put it in equation for ...take 3 members.X is sociable to Y & Z ; Y & Z don`t get along at all. Y is matey with most ( if not all) of the other roomies so when X is in he/she ignores Z to ensure that they stay in with the majority. X is typical of each of the others in that room so Z inevitably gets the cold shoulder.
There is nothing sinister about this result. In online chat people like to feel included so they drift towards the favourite in any room ,even if that favourite has a few failings. That`s life i guess.
Hell, I like you as a chatter, I really do. But why or why, half way through this post of yours did you introduce algebra? It totally flummoxed me and brought on my PTSD, borne of years of trig formulae at an impressionable age. I simply couldn't finish reading your most enlightening post as soon as you mentioned the "equation" word!

Reaction score
And some people spout false accusations in order to discredit others or even worse !. You agree then that Qliques do exist in online chat?

You'll get cliques wherever you get people, people still exhibit human behaviour online. People will still express emotions even if they try not to, their emotions will effect their behaviour and influence the outcome of whatever. Even being trolled could be seen as a form of flattery.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
You'll get cliques wherever you get people, people still exhibit human behaviour online. People will still express emotions even if they try not to, their emotions will effect their behaviour and influence the outcome of whatever. Even being trolled could be seen as a form of flattery.
I take it that you say "yes" to the poll then ? Cliques do exist on this site ?

T

trishaminns

clarity accused el of having a clique other day now ive got one lol

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Groups of friends are everywhere not just on UK Chat.
I think we all agree with that Poco. It`s just that some groups of friends,even on chatsites,can make life miserable for anyone who the main gang leader doesn`t like . There is always 1 person who leads in any gang( clique) and the others will always follow that leader whatever..My opinion :).

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I think we all agree with that Poco. It`s just that some groups of friends,even on chatsites,can make life miserable for anyone who the main gang leader doesn`t like . There is always 1 person who leads in any gang( clique) and the others will always follow that leader whatever..My opinion :).

After reading that i almost believed you were some kind of Saint.

This is utter nonsense mate , you are a grown man ?

I'm talking about groups of friends agreeing or disagreeing you are talking about gangs and leaders.

I'm not even sure we are on the same page Hell2bewith

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Well i'm just trying to show him that his thought process is wrong.

That's School playground mentality.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Well i'm just trying to show him that his thought process is wrong.

That's School playground mentality.
If you don`t read the news then you won`t see that most gangs have leaders and followers . School mentality is carried through to adulthood too . Nothing wrong with my thought process matey ,but a few people have killed themselves over Internet bullying and they ain`t all young kids either.
Btw,the person who keeps making snidfey comments ;that`s his real face not an avatar ! :)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
If you don`t read the news then you won`t see that most gangs have leaders and followers . School mentality is carried through to adulthood too . Nothing wrong with my thought process matey ,but a few people have killed themselves over Internet bullying and they ain`t all young kids either.
Btw,the person who keeps making snidfey comments ;that`s his real face not an avatar ! :)

Yeah but that's very dramatic man ....

I'm talking in general.

B

Bad_Influence

Snidfey? Ok

And yes it is my real face. Your point is?

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Chat is what you make it, or what others make it. People online have attitudes such as they do offline, so some personalities attract people, some personalities deter people. Some people make love, some people make war, some people prefer love, some people prefer war. Or maybe its just friendship thats in motion. Or maybe we're just sheep in human clothing.
Are you from Down Under? lol

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
To what does that refer then ? If it`s my remark about the Clown face then i`m sure i could spot that with my Eyes shut.

No you lemon you asked me where the "Clique" thread had gone !!!

Maybe focus on one thread and build yourself up.

Back