Is the Trinity Doctrine Biblical?

Show me in the Bible three gods written?

• All

• Proof me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If one frames the question a little differently its more fun, philosophically.
Reference the Trinity to truth.

The Father is absolute truth, those things that are immutable truisms.
The Son is perceived truth, through a narrow, younger if you will, vision of the world.
The Holy Ghost is what we would like the truth to be, something ephemeral, hopeful, which changes dependent on our circumstances.

Is it biblical, well the bible purports to being truth of gods will in written form, but is coloured by mans perceptions and hopes of its teachings.
So what are we debating, the trinity of religion or of truth, as I see it, the trinity of truth. Actual, Perceived and Hoped, is the same for all irrespective of faith.

Pipiripi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I'm pretty late to this thread but the short answer is, nope.
The trinity is not biblical.
Thanks friend, this is what it is all about. Now can you describe me a little why not?
And never is to late.

Slayer

Al-Qur'an 2:21.
Reaction score
Thanks friend, this is what it is all about. Now can you describe me a little why not?
And never is to late.
I don't think the word 'trinity' is mentioned in the bible. Correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt the word is there in the bible.

Pipiripi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think the word 'trinity' is mentioned in the bible. Correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt the word is there in the bible.
You are right, because there is only one true God and one Lord. That is God Jehovah and Jesus His Son.

Slayer

Reaction score
You are right, because there is only one true God and one Lord. That is God Jehovah and Jesus His Son.
Do you believe God can have a son?

Slayer

Reaction score

Slayer

Reaction score
B

Bad_Influence

I have met atheists who are more respectful of other's beliefs.

I’ll respect Pipiripi’s belief when he respects other people’s right to choose not to agree with him.
You, as is everyone, fully entitled to believe in a god, and if that brings you comfort then that’s great, but I do take issue with people who can’t or won’t allow me to have my thoughts without preaching at me.
I don’t tell anyone not to believe but it seems that some think they are allowed to try to change my beliefs.

Slayer

Reaction score
I’ll respect Pipiripi’s belief when he respects other people’s right to choose not to agree with him.
You, as is everyone, fully entitled to believe in a god, and if that brings you comfort then that’s great, but I do take issue with people who can’t or won’t allow me to have my thoughts without preaching at me.
I don’t tell anyone not to believe but it seems that some think they are allowed to try to change my beliefs.
I don't know what interaction you had with the OP of this thread. I won't be reading it either.
However, you did make a comment on my question to the OP, with a joke about my God. I didn't find that funny. It was disrespectful. And I did not preach anything to you.

B

Bad_Influence

I don't know what interaction you had with the OP of this thread. I won't be reading it either.
However, you did make a comment on my question to the OP, with a joke about my God. I didn't find that funny. It was disrespectful. And I did not preach anything to you.

Fair point. And for that I apologise. I meant no disrespect. :(

Slayer

Reaction score

Slayer

Reaction score
Yes, God is not human. He have created everything. Jesus is the only person that have come out of His Father. John 3:16

Yes. God is not human. He is nothing like us. He is eternal. He is all-powerful and does not need to rely on anyone. We cannot imagine what he is like or what he looks like. Which makes him omniscient and omnipotent, which we aren't.

So, him having a son would mean that he is like us, flawed. But he isn't.

My point is, if God had a 'son', like us human beings, then it rips away his Godly qualities (such as, not relying on other beings, including his 'son'). Him having children does not befit him. With that logic, God cannot have a son. And therefore Jesus is not his son.

God is one and one and only. He has no wife, son, or daughter.

Pipiripi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. God is not human. He is nothing like us. He is eternal. He is all-powerful and does not need to rely on anyone. We cannot imagine what he is like or what he looks like. Which makes him omniscient and omnipotent, which we aren't.

So, him having a son would mean that he is like us, flawed. But he isn't.

My point is, if God had a 'son', like us human beings, then it rips away his Godly qualities (such as, not relying on other beings, including his 'son'). Him having children does not befit him. With that logic, God cannot have a son. And therefore Jesus is not his son.

God is one and one and only. He has no wife, son, or daughter.
Okay my friend I know where you are now. I mean your understanding of what God is. A question, do you have read the Bible? Or do you believe in the word of God? When God has created everything He doesn't need nobody for making things come in existence. Jesus is not created, He is begotten. Coming out of God. If God call us His son, what about the one that have died for us on the cross? Someone pure die for sinner. I urge you to begin to read your Bible by the book of John.

B

Bad_Influence

Okay my friend I know where you are now. I mean your understanding of what God is. A question, do you have read the Bible? Or do you believe in the word of God? When God has created everything He doesn't need nobody for making things come in existence. Jesus is not created, He is begotten. Coming out of God. If God call us His son, what about the one that have died for us on the cross? Someone pure die for sinner. I urge you to begin to read your Bible by the book of John.

Was that supposed to make sense?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

Iv'e read the Bible and many other religious books... back to front. From the old testaments to the new.

When the Bible teaches us that the EARTH is only 6000 years old..?

When we have Dinosaur skeletons preserved in ancient rock., that are MILLION'S of years old.!

Kurt Wise...A brilliant Geologist, who has a PHD in Geology from Harverd....Said.." If all the evidence in the Universe pointed to an 'OLD' Earth.., i would be the first to admit it....but i would still be a 'Young Earth Creationist..'.... because that's what 'Holy' scriptures teaches me".

How can you argue against a Mind like that?

Pipiripi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, for me God is the Creator of everything. If Christopher Hitchens is more wiser than God the Creator, follow him. Don't believe in any god. The Bible says that God has created big animals. Those animals was not in the garden of eden. A question, if this world is millions jear old, why till now in 1800-2000 since has grow up from riding on horses till to spaceship? All those earlier years are everybody stupid? My friends, you have to believe in one. You cannot believe in both.
There is only one History book that have names of the first person (in the beginning) and names till the close of Revelation. Only God knows everything because He was always. He is the Alfa and Omega, the Beginning and the End. And between them His presence fill everywhere. That is my God.

Back