Racism in the YAH room

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
If the mind has anything to do with memory...then I have to try and remember the stuff I forgot when I was thinking about it.

M

Maggie681

On another matter but along the same lines. ..
The other day a chatter in YAH was coming out with the most homophobic rant saying gay people disgust him, he'd shoot men if he saw them
kissing. etc ..it went on and on. . . if you said that on a UK street you'd be arrested with it being a hate crime and rightly so.. but you can say it in a UK chat room? while this rant was going on the Mods did nothing..nothing at all.. probably because there was nothing they could do... I'm not sure exactly what powers the Mods have or what their remit is ..not being one of them (yet)
I think perhaps as the rules stand at the moment you can basically say whatever you like in chat as long as it's not directed at anyone in particular
it's only when it's aimed at another chatter it becomes a rule break then the Mods can take action..
if so this has to change.
Yes I have spent a long time sitting and watching not just this site but many other locations over the net and it is a sad reality online anything can be typed and rarely is the perpetrator banned or chastised for saying what they did. I have listened to those in the legal field who say there is a big grey area related to this topic. Which allows the trolls to continue to upset others in chatrooms. Good idea to sit and know who to block before they upset you is my method of choice now.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
DD = defamation and discrimination.
It should not be allowed anywhere including chat sites but rather than block anyone I chose not to respond to it.
SIMPLE SOLUTION.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Hey Hollie so u do take a peek in here at times.......sneaky! ;)

Hollie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have to read everything Jude, but that singularly made me hoot with laughter because I can so relate to it.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Your secret is safe with me.....I cant even remember wat day of the week it is after the day before yesterday tomorrow.

spud

bugger off
Reaction score
ok, is hollies pic 80's or what...?
Jude, your specs are slipping

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Oh very much so Wojcik.. The use of racial discriminatory language in itself doesn't make you a racist it simply makes you guilty of using such words.
As for first impressions and subconsciousness .. If you're walking down the High St and a black man is approaching you.. do you see a man or a black man? it depends on where and how you were brought up.

I see a black man of course. The facts present themselves in that regard. My subconscious would describe to me what is in front of me. Is that racist? No, i don't think so, as i don't hate the man because of his skin colour. My subconsciousness would provide me with a description of who is approaching me.

There was a waitress today waiting tables. As soon as she spoke in a foreign accent, my subconscious mind initially was telling me that she is European.

Our subconscious minds are going to scan and identify a person. This also helps when providing descriptions to the police during police investigations for example. It's a human trait that we all possess.

J

JustinCredible

ok, is hollies pic 80's or what...?
Jude, your specs are slipping
Spud me 'ol mucker my profile pic is 20 years old..at least! nowhere does it say you must upload an up to date photo

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
No point in having an old pic on unless u dont want peeps to see how u look now.
I always update my photos often.

J

JustinCredible

I see a black man of course. The facts present themselves in that regard. My subconscious would describe to me what is in front of me. Is that racist? No, i don't think so, as i don't hate the man because of his skin colour. My subconsciousness would provide me with a description of who is approaching me.

There was a waitress today waiting tables. As soon as she spoke in a foreign accent, my subconscious mind initially was telling me that she is European.

Our subconscious minds are going to scan and identify a person. This also helps when providing descriptions to the police during police investigations for example. It's a human trait that we all possess.
Yes.. I very much take your point.. as a child growing up in an inner-city my primary school was like the league of nations..every nationality under the sun seemed to in it.. but at that age i didn't notice they were just my friends..classmates...i didn't see colour but as I grew older that changed for reasons i'm unsure of. . .

J

JustinCredible

No point in having an old pic on unless u dont want peeps to see how u look now.
I always update my photos often.
very brave of you Jude.. but aren't we all a little vain? but I was only jesting.. I think my pic is 3/4 years old is that still too out of date?

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It dont matter if you black or white.......

spud

bugger off
Reaction score
Justin, firstly ...I'm not your "ol mucker" I never could reconcile with simpering acolytes.
But, I do take your point re-age of pics. I have one of me as a 3yo in the bath...watch this space

Back