valentines day

B

Bad_Influence

Bad-Influence, what would u rather, to see your dog in pain every day,or put to rest?, it broke my heart

I could never see a dog suffer, that's why we had to let the GSD go, he had Hip Dysplasia. I'm useless, I can watch gory films but I sob like a goodun at things like Dog Rescuers or Supervet. lol

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
At present there are a couple of pigeons snogging on our back fence, I wonder if they are celebrating Valentine's Day?:D

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
When it concerns animals, they are truly part of the family. And they do have their usefulness. They're there when you're having a bad day to cheer you up, they share a big chunk of your life with you, through the good and bad times. Some people just see them as just pets and nothing more, but as humans in general we develop different kinds of connections with people and animals. We're social creatures by nature.
And i think our bonds determine what shared experiences we've had with individuals. Of course a romantic bond is going to be different to a platonic friendship that has developed. Same with our family and pets. We acknowledge these different bonds and their differences.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
We have had loads of different animals over the years, they had their uses and were treated as one should treat an animal, with firmness but not cruelty. The animals had to know their place and were never permitted in the family rooms or bedrooms, the dogs had kennels and the cats cat houses. I liked my tarantula spiders, they were rather fun. We have no animals now, it was always my job to deal with them, I have had enough to doing that.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We have had loads of different animals over the years, they had their uses and were treated as one should treat an animal, with firmness but not cruelty. The animals had to know their place and were never permitted in the family rooms or bedrooms, the dogs had kennels and the cats cat houses. I liked my tarantula spiders, they were rather fun. We have no animals now, it was always my job to deal with them, I have had enough to doing that.

I fully understand your position of treating animals as they deserve be treated, with kindness and respect, but understanding that they're animals.
I think we can all agree that every animal has the right to a good loving home where they will experience a comfortable life.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I fully understand your position of treating animals as they deserve be treated, with kindness and respect, but understanding that they're animals.
I think we can all agree that every animal has the right to a good loving home where they will experience a comfortable life.

I feel sorry for cats which are prevented from going out and about, but kept indoors in case they get runover. We have had about 35 of them in our 50 years of marriage, of course some got runover or disappeared without trace, but that was far better than preventing them from going out and about as cats like to do.

B

Bad_Influence

Oh come on... "they had their uses and were treated as one should treat an animal" ??? You say "with firmness but not cruelty".... What about with love and care? I understand you never had PETS as such, and that is you right, but you'd have to be, in my humble opinion, hard of heart no to love and care for an animal that is part of your life. I never allowed any of my dogs into bedrooms but to not have let them share their evening with the family would have been cruel (and I think my daughter would have un-fathered me. lol)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Oh come on... "they had their uses and were treated as one should treat an animal" ??? You say "with firmness but not cruelty".... What about with love and care? I understand you never had PETS as such, and that is you right, but you'd have to be, in my humble opinion, hard of heart no to love and care for an animal that is part of your life. I never allowed any of my dogs into bedrooms but to not have let them share their evening with the family would have been cruel (and I think my daughter would have un-fathered me. lol)

My friends dog used to walk through the house and into the kitchen, only for him to sit by the fridge waiting lol. I just couldn't resist that face as i gave him some ham and a bit of warm tea in a bowl.

S

Scotsbabe2020

lol well said, its cruel to be kind PMSL

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I feel sorry for cats which are prevented from going out
I'd love our cat to go out, we leave the patio door open but he just won't venture out into the garden, maybe he's had a bad experience in the past leaving him with a nervous disposition or perhaps he can sense that next door's tomcats have already claimed our garden as their territory. Either way we're stuck with it.:rolleyes:

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Bad-Influence, what would u rather, to see your dog in pain every day,or put to rest?, it broke my heart
We had to have our Cookie put down. It was lovely to be able to help like that, on the last day when she suddenly couldn't get up again and her face sort of crumbled. It was a kindness that brought some comfort. I cannot believe no-one will be able to do that for me! I shall roll myself into the sea when the time comes...o_O

Back