Limits of the human mind

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
as I sit here in my event horizon looking into the chat multiverse I ask one version of myself do we feel lucky? well punk, do we?

B

Bad_Influence

Correct. If the Universe IS Finite...Then there is an end...But it's not an end that we could ever observe. It would be similar to what you would see if you fell into a Black Hole.

Why can't an 'Infinite' universe ever be proved?
There:p

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
If it's not infinite, what's beyond it? I know some believe it is finite but you can never reach an 'edge', you just return to where you started but if finite, there MUST be an end point... a wall? a quantum barrier? But again that leaves the question what is on the other side?

Either way, we'll never prove infinity.
Forget about the philosophy, have you not heard about the readily observable 'red shift' which tells us the universe is expanding not steady state. The argument is settled. It started as a point source where matter and space time did not exist. Nothing before, literally nothing.
But some intelligence must have been behind it i think.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
No responses? I might as well post on the Gay rooms, even though i'm not Gay, yet ! For cast not your pearls before swine ! Do you understand what the red shift is. Have you even he heard of the Doppler effect ?

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No responses? I might as well post on the Gay rooms, even though i'm not Gay, yet ! For cast not your pearls before swine ! Do you understand what the red shift is. Have you even he heard of the Doppler effect ?

Try a complete circle .It is infinite ? but is it ?.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Dont know about that, but this thread is going round in them...

B

Bad_Influence

Forget about the philosophy, have you not heard about the readily observable 'red shift' which tells us the universe is expanding not steady state. The argument is settled. It started as a point source where matter and space time did not exist. Nothing before, literally nothing.
But some intelligence must have been behind it i think.
I disagree. Many now believe the Big Bang was just a Big Bounce. A reaction to a previous universe in which gravity won, drawing all matter to a single point.
Now, we know that dark matter is the framework of our universe, the one thing that originally drew matter together causing galaxy clusters, and until we fully understand the effects of dark matter and dark energy, we will never be able to predict whether the current expansion will continue.
Personally I can’t accept creationism, but that’s not to say I deny the possibility, just that we are understanding more about the science every day, and I believe we will continue to do so. Whether we ever get to a point where we can categorically state the we KNOW the origin of the universe, and time, is up for debate, it certainly won’t happen in my lifetime.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Entropy, eventually enough energy is lost, expansion will cease and gravity will do the rest resulting in a singularity. Simply has to happen. What happens next, no one can know given nothing exists, no substance, no space time, an infinity of nothingless .

B

Bad_Influence

Entropy, eventually enough energy is lost, expansion will cease and gravity will do the rest resulting in a singularity. Simply has to happen. What happens next, no one can know given nothing exists, no substance, no space time, an infinity of nothingless .
And that’s The Big Bounce. Or that’s what many believe now. Just an eternal number of expansions, collapses, and bounces. A singularity, (infinitely small) cannot exist, even quantum mechanics agrees on that, which would explain the bounce.

B

Bad_Influence

Entropy is natural, but that does not mean it can’t be the beginning of something else.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
And that’s The Big Bounce. Or that’s what many believe now. Just an eternal number of expansions, collapses, and bounces. A singularity, (infinitely small) cannot exist, even quantum mechanics agrees on that, which would explain the bounce.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
But matter, space time ,physics will cease to exist. Beyond even Gravity, literally nothing. But even if gravity did exist it would be infinite. So bang goes your bounce, without intervention...

B

Bad_Influence

But matter, space time ,physics will cease to exist. Beyond even Gravity, literally nothing. But even if gravity did exist it would be infinite. So bang goes your bounce, without intervention...
There was never nothing. That’s the point. Although we know now that matter can be created from nothing anyway, so there goes your theory. Lol
One day I’ll get my head around String Theory and Loop Quantum Gravity (no I won’t, lol) and that might help.

B

Bad_Influence

Einstein knew energy and matter is interchangeable by his Theory of Special Relativity.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Anyhow, quantum mechanics is far more interesting than speculating about the limits of infinity. It really is a brain teaser and beyond the limits of intelligence, even Einstein who got it all wrong and could not believe its implications to his last breath.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
There was never nothing. That’s the point. Although we know now that matter can be created from nothing anyway, so there goes your theory. Lol
One day I’ll get my head around String Theory and Loop Quantum Gravity (no I won’t, lol) and that might help.
Nothing exists under infinite gravity. No fundamental particles even, no matter, no gravity, no space no time, no past no future. Literally nothing.

Back