Limits of the human mind

B

Bad_Influence

Anyhow, quantum mechanics is far more interesting than speculating about the limits of infinity. It really is a brain teaser and beyond the limits of intelligence, even Einstein who got it all wrong and could not believe its implications to his last breath.
He was proven right many times, as has quantum mechanics, sadly until the link (it will be found I’m sure) between Einstein’s findings (only deals with the relatively large) and quantum mechanics (the very VERY small) is discovered we will never truly understand the universe.

Infinite gravity does not, can not, exist.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
As i say, the quantum world is far more intriguing than anything !
From double slit to quantum entanglement, or as Einstein would have it "spooky action at a distance"

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
He was proven right many times, as has quantum mechanics, sadly until the link (it will be found I’m sure) between Einstein’s findings (only deals with the relatively large) and quantum mechanics (the very VERY small) is discovered we will never truly understand the universe.

Infinite gravity does not

B

Bad_Influence

As i say, the quantum world is far more intriguing than anything !
From double slit to quantum entanglement, or as Einstein would have it "spooky action at a distance"
Lol. But even quantum mechanics rules out the possibility of infinity gravity, more so than Einstein ever did. Yes entanglement is intriguing, but it has led to quantum computers already, the possibilities are mind boggling.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Infinite. And you are so wrong about Einstein, he was the pioneeer of the quantum world along with Max Planck.

B

Bad_Influence

Infinite. And you are so wrong about Einstein, he was the pioneeer of the quantum world along with Max Planck.
But he couldn’t explain it. Neither could Planck. They knew of it, little more.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Lol. But even quantum mechanics rules out the possibility of infinity gravity, more so than Einstein ever did. Yes entanglement is intriguing, but it has led to quantum computers already, the possibilities are mind boggli

But he couldn’t explain it. Neither could Planck. They knew of it, little more.
You are shifting your position. Einstein won a nobel prize for it, proving the quantum nature of light ! Nobody understand it. Beyond our capability as Fenyman pointed out. But we do know its affects....

B

Bad_Influence

You are shifting your position. Einstein won a nobel prize for it, proving the quantum nature of light ! Nobody understand it. Beyond our capability as Fenyman pointed out. But we do know its affects....
But he knew very little. Could prove even less. Just unproven theories in the main. Only since the 80s have we even begun to decipher quantum mechanics.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
But he knew very little. Could prove even less. Just unproven theories in the main. Only since the 80s have we even begun to decipher quantum mechanics.
All we know now was established in the twenties. John Bell in the 60 ties proposed an experinment to prove entanglement, only a few years later this was don, in the sevrnties. So spooky action at a distance does exist just as Bohr proposed in the twenties. Einstein in effect was wrong about entanglement, as influences were apparently instantaneous thus breaching the speed of light in a vacumn.

B

Bad_Influence

All we know now was established in the twenties. John Bell in the 60 ties proposed an experinment to prove entanglement, only a few years later this was don, in the sevrnties. So spooky action at a distance does exist just as Bohr proposed in the twenties. Einstein in effect was wrong about entanglement, as influences were apparently instantaneous thus breaching the speed of light in a vacumn.
The theory was established, yes, proven no. Bohr was far ahead I agree, more so than Einstein, but even he could not prove it beyond doubt. I don’t claim to be a physicist, it’s just a hobby, nor do I claim to understand it, just as even now, most dont. Quantum mechanics is in its early stages, the only benefit so far, as I understand it, is the q computer. I’m sure there’s more we don’t know about but in time we will.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Entanglement had been proven. No question. The influences involved are instantaneous irrespective of the distances, which is anathema to Einstein of course.He must be spinning in his grave after Bohr was proven correct.
The q bit is the key behind computers, q cryptography ( literally totally secure code). Not even by another q computer no matter how fast. Current, binary cryptography will be rendered useless sooner than we think. Disaster looming. .

B

Bad_Influence

Now it has yes.
I think being 150 million times faster than the most powerful super computer give the quantum computer a slight edge, yes. Lol

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Yes, there is no formula to extract prime numbers which is the basis of encryption, just brute force. Binary cannot compete, a binary bit being either 1 or 0.
Qbit is both until observed or measured. Such is the strange world of the quantum. The beauty of current encryption is that prime numbers are easily verifiable by standard computers. But after multupkying them we wind up with huge number which even super computers find it virtually impossible to find the primes to crack the encryption in a resonable time frame . There is no formula to do this so brute force is required.

Last edited:
B

Bad_Influence

Yes, there is no formula to extract prime numbers which is the basis of encryption, just brute force. Binary cannot compete, a binary bit being either 1 or 0.
Qbit is both until observed or measured. Such is the strange world of the quantum.
Fun times ahead that’s for sure. In your time maybe

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Producing entangled particles is easy, keeping them entangled for longer periods is the difficult part..

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if GCHQ can crack binary encrytption even now.
Of course they cannot let it be known. Just like enigma and Lorentz during the war.

B

Bad_Influence

I would not be surprised if GCHQ can crack binary encrytption even now.
Of course they cannot let it be known. Just like enigma and Lorentz during the war.
No doubt. Among others. They won’t be behind the 8 ball that’s for sure. My money is on China tho.

vulcan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The quantum bit, Qbit, the simplest analogy is to imagine a spinning coin with both a head and a tail (or a 0 and 1) We have no way of telling what it is until it stops spinning. In the normal world imagine two coins spinning. There can be no correlation in outcomes either coin can be head of tail or both, equal chance of any outcome. However if they were entangled, then the result of simply observing one coin we would know the outcome of the other. So in the quantum world, two entangled particles each with a correlation say one was black and the other white, then observing a particle in the lab found to be white we then know for certain the other will be black. Irrespective of distance and instantaneous... Remember until we measure the particle, it can be white OR black, but if entangled the other particle must observe the correlation . So they influence one another so far in experiments , instantaneously, over any distance.
Wrap you head round that. Einstein call this "spooky action at a distance" but never accepted any influence could be faster than light. He was proven wrong.
So there you have it, the limits of the human mind..

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The only limit to what we can percieve, be that large or small, from the infinity of the universe to the unimaginable of the quantum is only limited by our subjective percieved knowledge of our surroundings.

Medicine was once viewed as the 4 elements within us being out of balance.
Who is to say what is real or percieved, imagined or fact.
Todays facts were yesterdays theories, tomorrows facts are todays theories.
The idea that conspiracy comes into it is purely faith based, faith in religion, ideology or science itself.

One labels something a conspiracy theory with great risk, as has been shown time and again, sometimes facts are kept hidden by conspiracy.
Religion being the largest culprit in history, today however, I think political money is the main driver behind it.

When special interest groups or governments move into funding of research, it becomes political hence ideological.
If those finding do not show what those groups want it to, do you think they publish it?
Hence a conspiracy of silence.

When papers can be peer reviewed showing dog owners are sexist based on purely made up evidence, when we study that Glacial science is sexist, are we really furthering human knowledge?

When we have teachers calling for the "de-colonisation" of mathematics due to it being a product of a Western patriarchy, even though the basis of which was formed in Arabia.

Can we really perieve reality as anything other than fecked at this moment in time :)

B

Bad_Influence

The only limit to what we can percieve, be that large or small, from the infinity of the universe to the unimaginable of the quantum is only limited by our subjective percieved knowledge of our surroundings.

Medicine was once viewed as the 4 elements within us being out of balance.
Who is to say what is real or percieved, imagined or fact.
Todays facts were yesterdays theories, tomorrows facts are todays theories.
The idea that conspiracy comes into it is purely faith based, faith in religion, ideology or science itself.

One labels something a conspiracy theory with great risk, as has been shown time and again, sometimes facts are kept hidden by conspiracy.
Religion being the largest culprit in history, today however, I think political money is the main driver behind it.

When special interest groups or governments move into funding of research, it becomes political hence ideological.
If those finding do not show what those groups want it to, do you think they publish it?
Hence a conspiracy of silence.

When papers can be peer reviewed showing dog owners are sexist based on purely made up evidence, when we study that Glacial science is sexist, are we really furthering human knowledge?

When we have teachers calling for the "de-colonisation" of mathematics due to it being a product of a Western patriarchy, even though the basis of which was formed in Arabia.

Can we really perieve reality as anything other than fecked at this moment in time :)
As you say, money is at the root of everything. Be it the lack of cash, the abuse of wealth, or the desire to control financial affairs.

Back