Would you rather...

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated.
I had a man in (lucky me) and he said the rats weren't coming in my garden for anything, there are no bird feeders, fruit dropping off trees etc,
they're just passing through (like most men). He blocked off all entry points, gaps in the fencing etc. Looking through the bedroom window down
into the garden I've not seen anything since... I may start hanging the washing out, the tumble dryer has been on overtime for the last few weeks,
so much for saving energy! I'm not sure how this phobia of mine developed. I think it may have come from watching the room 101 scene in the
movie 1984 at an impressionable age.
You can buy Rodent scarers .I have several. Not sure if they work or not but havn`t seen any Rats since i placed them around the garden. They are solar powered and work 24/7 with a low pitched noise every 30 seconds ,a bit like a Crow scarer .As Rats are mostly out and about after dark they carry on working until next day when they recharge from daylight .One problem is the noise they emit may annoy neighbours ! They run all night if you think about it and some people are light sleepers .I also have one battery controlled unit to scare vermin /rodents which you just place in the area where you think Rats ( or Mice) may live. again it emits a noise every 30 seconds but this one is a higher pitch which i can`t hear ;unlike the solar powered ones.
As a final deterrent i bought an electricution chamber designed to kill anything which entered the chamber after food. I don`t really wish to kill them so have not tested it yet.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Someone posted a thread the other week about having a rat in the house (not a man, a real rat :eek:).
I don't know what i'd do if I had a rat in the house. I think i'd have to move, I couldn't go back there. It's been a bit of a nightmare just having them
in the garden. I haven't seen any for a few weeks, not that I go out there very often now. I did try sitting out for a quiet, peaceful read, but just couldn't relax. Any sound at all... a leaf blowing, birds coming and going - and I sat up looking round. I don't think it's ever going to be the same ever again. My outer sanctum has been violated!
Anyway... yesterday I saw a squirrel in the garden, the first one I've seen for months. The rats seem to have gone and the squirrels are back. I wonder if there's a connection?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Someone posted a thread the other week about having a rat in the house (not a man, a real rat :eek:).

There, in that line, are the thoughts of a feminist.
To be fair, I'd rather have a rat in the house than a leech ;)

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
Interesting forum but too long winded for me to read JUST GET A CAT

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Interesting forum but too long winded for me to read JUST GET A CAT

God no, the last time I let a Pussy in my house I had to move out and it took most of the furniture.

Back