Why is it always Liverpool?

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I'm a guardian reader but it's far from neutral

The French government and uefa blame Liverpool fans and if you want to ignore it and tantrum that's fine but others may want to listen

You are not listening, Liam.

Like most conspiracy theorists you are cloth-eared.

What do you expect the French government to say and the corrupt UEFA?

I prefer voices on the ground, who witnessed events, like the UK match police.

You can't post ANY evidence to support your allegation despite CCTV, police cams, and fans' smartphones.

Don't you think it is a bit odd no one filmed it, Liam?

Now apologise to Liverpool and to Liverpool fans.

liam222

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What do you expect the British media to say?

You seem blissfully unaware of bias unless it suits your agenda, most people grow out of that eventually

You are aware that different opinions are allowed on this subject?

SamBally

Reaction score
What do you expect the British media to say?

You seem blissfully unaware of bias unless it suits your agenda

I am no supporter of the Guardian, Liam, and as I have stated numerous times on these very boards.

From a political viewpoint only.

I do trust match day police officers who personally witnessed ALL the events in France and which the Guardian reported.

Whereas you Liam, like most conspiracy theorists, rely on Wiki, Twitter, and Youtube.

Now man up and apologise to Liverpool and to Liverpool supporters.

liam222

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No thanks

You're way off the mark, you trust the British media only it seems, the French/Greek/Belgian media and police are also allowed a viewpoint

That seems difficult for you to grasp but it shouldn't be

SamBally

Reaction score
No thanks

You're way off the mark, you trust the British media only it seems, the French/Greek/Belgian media and police are also allowed a viewpoint

That seems difficult for you to grasp but it shouldn't be

Moving the goalposts won't work with me, kid.

There is NO evidence, from any of the sources you claim you are quoting, to support your ghoulish and monstrous allegations against Liverpool fans in general.

There is no evidence because it doesn't exist.

I know you franticly searched online for it, sweat dripping down your forehead, but you couldn't find any, could you Liam?

Now man up, be an adult and apologise to Liverpool and apologise to Liverpool supporters.

liam222

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Another swing and a miss from you

It's all out in the open buddy

SamBally

Reaction score
Another swing and a miss from you

It's all out in the open buddy

It's Ok Liam, Like most conspiracy theorists you are far too lazy and stupid to do your research.

It's on Twitter.. must be true so I'll post it.

Enjoy your night, you ghoul.

liam222

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It's Ok Liam, Like most conspiracy theorists you are far too lazy and stupid to do your research.

It's on Twitter.. must be true so I'll post it.

Enjoy your night, you ghoul.
Opposing opinions seem to much for you

For everyone else..

Back to the original question

Why Liverpool fans?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Liverpool fans, especially after they boo'd the National Anthem and 'Abide with Me' at the F.A Cup final. What was that all about? :rolleyes:But every nonpartisan reporter/broadcaster who was outside the ground is saying the same thing - The vast majority of Liverpool fans did nothing wrong. And whatever a few idiots may have done, it didn't excuse the French police tear gassing/pepper spraying woman and children. I don't know why those gendarmes acted like that, I can't believe it's simply because they hate the English.

SamBally

Reaction score
As more eyewitness accounts have emerged it turns out gangs of pickpockets swarmed the area prior to the match and gangs of local youths mingled with Liverpool supporters. Immediately after the match, Liverpool fans also had to run a gauntlet of violent gangs of muggers during their journey to the Stade de France Metro station and including children being assaulted by them and with not a police officer in view.

Now apparently this kind of 'criminality' is common practice in the Paris suburbs and which the Liverpool and also Madrid fans would have been completely unaware of and this begs the question why were there no police present on the route to protect them.

Apparently, there have also been issues with the last 3 CLs and including at Wembley due to UEFA organisation. Hiring too few stewards and other issues, etc. There were also no prematch-ticket checks which allowed local youths to mingle with bonafide football supporters with tickets.

"Hundreds of young French men hanging around the ground were fighting with the police and involved in running battles with the riot police."

liam222

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Champions League final: France blames 'massive' ticket fraud as policing row rages - Free Chat Rooms

Interior minister Gérald Darmanin said "massive, industrial-scale" ticket fraud had caused Liverpool fans to turn up en masse, and said that of about 30 arrests made at the Stade de France "more than half concerned British citizens".

Mr Darmanin also defended the police's actions, stating that "the decisions taken prevented deaths or serious injury

Speaking earlier on French radio, sports minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra said there were "no problems" regarding Real supporters and the Spanish side had controlled their travelling fans better than Liverpool

You have to laugh at the similarities to Athens in 2007,

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
If I said this in Liverpool I'd probably get lynched but I'm not in Liverpool so I'm not really that bothered

How many times are they gonna blame the police/locals/the stadium

Once or twice fair enough but that's at least half a dozen times now

Why does it happen so often with Liverpool fans but so rarely with everyone else?
Bit of both, I'd say.

I loathe football. I've been to several matches and each one was a nightmare of (mostly) testosterone fuelled rage. If your idea of fun is sitting or standing amongst a mob of baying, screeching, howling men and women, with some pissing where they stand, and the air blue with obscenities, then go for it. It's not for me. There's something about the game that seems to inspire a mob mentality in certain people. And it catches from one to another like wildfire in a gulch. Couple that to the inherent selfishness of most people and you've got a hive mind that won't think further than its own desires.

They can blame the police or anyone or anything else as much as they like, but there has to be some personal responsibility in cases like this.

Kev45

A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.
Reaction score
Uefa bears “primary responsibility” for the catastrophic organisational and safety failures that turned last season’s Champions League final into a horrific, traumatic experience for thousands of supporters, Uefa’s own review has concluded.

That central finding, and alarming criticisms of the culture and operations at the confederation of European football, and of the French police, are made in a damning report produced by the panel Uefa appointed to review the chaos that engulfed the final between Liverpool and Real Madrid at the Stade de France in Paris last May.

Uefa’s report on Champions League final chaos: the main findings

Read more

At the report’s heart is a conclusion that Uefa has “marginalised” its own safety and security unit, headed by Zejlko Pavlica, a close friend of the Uefa president, Aleksander Ceferin, in their native Slovenia. The report also strongly rejects claims made persistently by Uefa and the French police and government ministers, that thousands of Liverpool fans without valid tickets caused the problems. The report states that there is no evidence to support such claims, which were made in a “reprehensible” attempt by the authorities to avoid responsibility.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
For a good many years we've heard about 'justice', isn't it time for 'forgiveness'?

Back