Why are chats divided by age groups? Why not just one group for over 18s

MatUre

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Why are chats divided by age. Surely one group for over 18s would be good. And what is so special about 40-50 year olds?
There seems to be some unwritten rules of society that certain age groups should not talk to each other. All this is doing is dividing society.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Why are chats divided by age. Surely one group for over 18s would be good. And what is so special about 40-50 year olds?
There seems to be some unwritten rules of society that certain age groups should not talk to each other. All this is doing is dividing society.

well i for one don't wish to chat younger people as we don't see eye to eye over some things. It be like chatting to my own children. if i wanted to that i go run my phone bill up.

Shelagh

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
It probably has a lot to do with things in common......us oldens can remember back to the 60's when teenagers, nothing more than shared interests

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Like in society, certain age groups can relate better to those of their own age. This relates to cultures, music and common interests. It is great that people mix and chat though, but everyone has their personal preference when it comes to making friends regarding age, life experience, common interests etc.

MatUre

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
If old and young don't see eye to eye megs perhaps it is because they don't chat with each other.
Surely mixing it up would make for more interesting chats and maybe everyone could learn from each other.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If old and young don't see eye to eye megs perhaps it is because they don't chat with each other.
Surely mixing it up would make for more interesting chats and maybe everyone could learn from each other.
NO thank you like i said if i wanted to chat to children got 4 all over 33 i can go chat too

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There has been age chat rooms since the beginning of time so this is nothing new.

People of all ages can chat in lobby. Not rocket science.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There are no age restrictions on the rooms, they are age ranged just as a guideline

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
I just turned 33 yesterday, and I frankly love chatting with all chatters. However, I do not love having age be an excuse. For instance, calling me a child because you're "older and more mature." I have friends that age from early 20's up through the 70's and I value their opinions, and their views, even if i don't agree with them. Now from a chat standpoint. The age range rooms are just as a guideline. Say you're having a day were you just want to talk about taking Quaalude's in the 70's and don't want to shock the young ones. That's what the age range rooms are for. TBH though the other night I was hanging out in the 40-50 room, and they were welcoming and delightful.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I just turned 33 yesterday, and I frankly love chatting with all chatters. However, I do not love having age be an excuse. For instance, calling me a child because you're "older and more mature." I have friends that age from early 20's up through the 70's and I value their opinions, and their views, even if i don't agree with them. Now from a chat standpoint. The age range rooms are just as a guideline. Say you're having a day were you just want to talk about taking Quaalude's in the 70's and don't want to shock the young ones. That's what the age range rooms are for. TBH though the other night I was hanging out in the 40-50 room, and they were welcoming and delightful.

happy belated birthday , like you said you value their opinions well that is mine on the subject some of the younger chatter behave like children hence why i say it.
ps , i agree the 40/50 room is lovely .

B

Beemovie

happy belated birthday , like you said you value their opinions well that is mine on the subject some of the younger chatter behave like children hence why i say it.
ps , i agree the 40/50 room is lovely .
I hang about in the 40s-50s room megs233 hence by association, I must be lovely and delightful too. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction score
Try asking a youngster about their old jobs working in the mines and foundaries and about how they used to play in the burrows and ruins. Some of us like nostalgia.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Try asking a youngster about their old jobs working in the mines and foundaries and about how they used to play in the burrows and ruins. Some of us like nostalgia.
a youngster?

Reaction score
a youngster?

Youngsters can only dream of a job, they don't even know those industries existed. Foundries closing for lunch break when its bell rang, the town being gridlocked as the 1000 employees went for lunch, now there's no trace of the foundries. Then the associated train tracks halting the traffic as the carriages travelled too and thro, all that learnt from older generations. Stuff younger generations don't know.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

I thought you were a 101 year old immortal. My mistake :D

MatUre

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I tried the Chat rooms but could not follow any conversation. There were just a lot of minimal words sent and imojies. Hardly chatting.
I love to chat and can talk about many subjects.
Maybe I am doing it wrong?

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I tried the Chat rooms but could not follow any conversation. There were just a lot of minimal words sent and imojies. Hardly chatting.
I love to chat and can talk about many subjects.
Maybe I am doing it wrong?
or maybe in wrong room.

Back