Wheree to find games, cheaply or free

Leona

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Steam is one of the biggest, they have most of the latest releases and older games to at reduced prices, and guess what specials and freebies.

GOG is mainly for older games and there are a lot of free ones to be had, just do a goggle for the games you your looking at and your OS or Operating System, IE Windows 10 / 8 / 7, Unix Ubuntu Etc, like this.
"Games name, how to play on OS." This should tell you if you can play it, and if you need to do something first.

There are a lot of MUD's about, or Multi user Dudgeons, also space games like Star trek on line & The Elder Scrolls on line, if your into a type of game then just do a goggle with say Space games or Card games Etc, but before you down load do a goggle for a Review of that game, some have spy wear in them, the review should warn you.

Hope this helps Leona

OK sorry this thing decided I was trying to spam, the links are safe, and I don't own any shares in them, wish I did, you will have to remove the spaces if you use the links.

Wainright

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
do u know where i can get the retro game "galaxian" for the pc?

Wainright

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
ta for messaging me that link. yes there was a playable game on that site and a download version thanx

Flip_Flop

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
for cut price games there is a few options I use . g2a , kinguin, cjcdkeys , and there is a lot more , hope they can be of use to you they are the ones I have used and had no issues with

L

lucianthp

do u know where i can get the retro game "galaxian" for the pc?

It's it's authentic arcade games you're after have a search for MAME (stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) or FinalBurn Alpha (I think it's still called that) these emulators allow you to play the original arcade games (no links as I'm not sure of the rules on this forum). Alternatively do what I do and get a raspberry pi3 and install retropie on it. I'd also suggest searching 'retrospec' as this site has conversions of old computer games for the pc/mac.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Steam all the way

L

lucianthp

I tried steam once to get a game I wanted that wasn't available anywhere else but then left my account for a bit, then it got hacked and for the past couple of years I regularly get emails from steam telling me someone in russia, china, mexico etc etc tried to log in, so I've left it. I've heard good things about it but I like to be able to just download a game on its own and play it.

ShadowWolf

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I use Steam and GOG mainly, though Itch.io also has a fair few games. "Is There Any Deal" is great for seeing if there are cheaper Steam codes on third-party stores. Also, the Epic Game Store offers free games every 2 weeks right now, but I'm not comfortable recommending them entirely because of their current shenanigans.

Also, don't use G2A to get your games... you'd be better off pirating a game as opposed to buying it on there, seeing as anyone who buys a game from G2A (I'm not sure about Kinguin) actually takes money AWAY from a developer, because many of the keys from that site are actually stolen, or bought fraudulently (as in via stolen credit/debit cards), so you end up getting chargebacks, etc, which costs the devs a lot!

Wainright

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
getting harder to play retro games on the pc with all the windows updates. i may have to move with the times an get a megadrive; joke;

L

lucianthp

Do you have retropie on your PC? I recently installed it on my laptop (which is old and under-powered by todays standards) and found it ran some N64 games faster than on my pi. I also like retropie as it's an all-in-one emulator with a nice front end and once you've set up your controller, it works with (almost) all the systems from then on. Mind you, I only use it for console and arcade emulation but I'll try the computer side of it when I have some spare time and the inclination as I really fancied played 3D Deathchase the other day.

ShadowWolf

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
getting harder to play retro games on the pc with all the windows updates. i may have to move with the times an get a megadrive; joke;

Well mate, you have the options of using emulators still... if Windows is a concern, you can switch to Linux, as a lot of the emulators also have Linux versions... I recommend that you check out RetroArch... alternatively, get yourself a Raspberry Pi and stick RetroArch on it that way!

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
There are 'Friends Lists' on Steam, so get on one of them and your friends will buy games as gifts for you, I do it all the time for my mates..:)

HatchetMan

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
If you haven't tried God of War i suggest it, even the first one which you can pick up for less than a 10er

xI_Gem_Ix

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Go on Epic Games. They release free games every week. Some are absolute mince but others are pretty decent

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Steam if you want a great selection of games to purchase and play.

If you're talking games to play for free, there's a great free online emulator called retrogames, which has a huge library of Snes, GBC, GBA, Sega, Atari, and Playstation games that i sometimes use. I've played both Suikoden I and II on there without any problems at all.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
G2a ,cdkeys, both good places to buy games.
For older titles, try GOG (Good Old games)

If the games are really old, then sometime they can be found on web sites which allow downloads because the titles are no longer copyright.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Unreal Engine 5.2 Matrix.

Crazy Real stuff.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Some games have free demos, I tried "The Troop" demo on Steam and was so impressed I bought the full game..:)
(It's Brits vs Germany in WW2)

Back