What are you listening to right now ?

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score
- this is a Masterpiece

Followed by this ---- You didn't screw it up Kurt. You actually played one of the most memorable covers ever.

Blankgeneration

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The best anti-Vietnam War songs that was ever written, in my opinion! The lyrics sum up the useless slaughter of US troops that were forced to go to that god-forsaken place.
It is brilliant. Yes another tragic waste of life war for nought, sadly the same old dance continues today around the World.

TemptingEnigma

Reaction score

her voice and the instrumentals in this track make my brain go to a special place where there nothing to worry about or get upset about.

Blankgeneration

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score

her voice and the instrumentals in this track make my brain go to a special place where there nothing to worry about or get upset about.
Didn't know this lady or her music! It is excellent. Haunting, full of emotion and peaceful. Some music is great for providing the perfect escape. Thank you so much for sharing! I will check out some of her other songs. I didn't see the post of Kurt's cover of Bowie before, it is a brilliant.

TemptingEnigma

Reaction score
emoji_u1f3b8.png
Very underrated guitar player keep a little Marc in your heart

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I have just completed listening to the main cycle of one of the greatest composers of all time: Ludwig Van Beethoven.
This symphony is the culmination of his creative genius: Symphony No. 9, 'Choral'.
Most people will be familiar with this movement, the final one, entitled 'Ode to Joy'. However, this only represents a part of what is considered by many, to be the pinnacle of symphonic composition.
I apologise that the entire symphony is around 66 minutes in length, but it is well-worth the listen, if you truly appreciate good music.

Blankgeneration

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have just completed listening to the main cycle of one of the greatest composers of all time: Ludwig Van Beethoven.
This symphony is the culmination of his creative genius: Symphony No. 9, 'Choral'.
Most people will be familiar with this movement, the final one, entitled 'Ode to Joy'. However, this only represents a part of what is considered by many, to be the pinnacle of symphonic composition.
I apologise that the entire symphony is around 66 minutes in length, but it is well-worth the listen, if you truly appreciate good music.

Superb! Not listened to classical in a long time. Playing now. Thank you for sharing! Sorry seemed to have combined my message with the original post. I gave the Herbert Von Karajan version a listen from 68. Must start listening to classical again!

Last edited:

Blankgeneration

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
A great track - an overwhelmingly beautiful song and the electric guitar solo is outstanding. This song evokes feelings that are like a mix of nostalgia and deep love.

Truly wonderful song! Life's a gas is another fave! The Zinc Alloy and the Hidden riders of tomorrow album is great for some gems as well.

TemptingEnigma

Reaction score
This song about a mother dealing with the death of her child and trying to move on (I think). A haunting tune, great lyrics and fantastic vocals. SHINEDOWN forever !

Back