What are you listening to right now ?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score
Must say, I've loved this album since I was young. There's a photo of me holding it on a Xmas morning with a short hair-do that screams WTF.
Haha. It has so much meaning to me too. It reminds me of my cousin and best friend who I lost when she was 14 and I was 13. She used to play it to me constantly. I feel like she's with me when I play that album. I'm a massive mj fan because of her.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Time for some Sibelius. He lived and composed in a landscape that surely inspired the definitive music of his homeland: Finland.
His First Symphony was, in my opinion, amongst the best first symphonies ever composed. Mark the romantic theme in the first movement, in particular. It was composed in the closing stages of the Romantic Classical music era.

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score
Takes me back to being 16 travelling to Newquay with my mates this band and song and it's playing now ..ahh

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
One of Sibelius's finest symphonies, revered, quite rightly, by by many of his contemporaries. I give you Symphony No. 5.
If nothing else, listen to the final movement ... approximately 7 minutes in length. It is definitive Sibelius.

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score
One of Sibelius's finest symphonies, revered, quite rightly, by by many of his contemporaries. I give you Symphony No. 5.
If nothing else, listen to the final movement ... approximately 7 minutes in length. It is definitive Sibelius.

The final movement is indeed very moving. I love the minor key changes music that does that in any genre has my ear

Lil_White_Fox

Foxy love ❤️
Reaction score
This one where it shifts melts me it's in my top 5 of records

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
This one where it shifts melts me it's in my top 5 of records

Nice choice. I love her You Got To Pay The Price ... an old classic.
Vocal version of Al Kent's instrumental.

:D

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

TemptingEnigma

Last time I was someone’s type I was giving blood.
Reaction score

"The Little Sparrow". She lead a life touched by drug and alcohol addiction, scandalously public love affairs, and all the melodrama only a French chanteuse could provide. Through the tumult, Piaf managed to capture the hearts of the French people and remains an icon 50 years after her death.

Before her 20th birthday, Piaf had been exposed to some of life’s harshest knocks. She had recovered from from keratitis-induced blindness, lived in a bordello, and lost a child to meningitis. Piaf used her sorrow to fuel her trademark powerhouse performances, which boosted her to fame within the French nightclub circuit within the span of one year.

Back