The word 'uppity'

SafetyMouse

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Indeed too...The word 'WOG;...?...It refers to ' A West oriental Gentleman.'..

What in the name of anything is wrong with saying someone is a 'West Oriental Gentleman'?
It's Westernised.......

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
lol but I don't think it's curtains for Eamonn just yet, following the backlash after the story broke, ITV have back-tracked somewhat. They're now saying he wasn't reprimanded but merely 're-educated'. either way he's surely not a happy bunny.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I really dislike the term 're-educated'. Who decides the re-educaters?

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Uppity is like Mrs Bucket who likes to be called Mrs Bouquet and won't be seen talking to anyone outside their narrow minded group. Ring a bell????

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Uppity is like Mrs Bucket who likes to be called Mrs Bouquet and won't be seen talking to anyone outside their narrow minded group. Ring a bell????
You mean there are uppities on here? Heavens forfend.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
You mean there are uppities on here? Heavens forfend.
Nah! Uppity is what they called American black slaves if they chose to profess their discontent with their lot.
They got a whipping. or worse.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Nah! Uppity is what they called American black slaves if they chose to profess their discontent with their lot.

I have not heard the term 'uppity' used in connection with the evil ownership of American slaves before.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
""QUOTE!""

""leeannshawyounger.com/nobody-likes-an-uppity-negro-c8a8d4c17be0""
27/09/2017 · Uppity Negroes fought for the right to vote. Uppity Negros studied hard and learned to use the system’s rules in order to transform the system itself. More recently, some seriously Uppity Negroes dared to proclaim the value of Black Lives in Ferguson, MO. Calling this country to live up to its ideals has always been the task of the Uppity Negro.

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
""QUOTE!""

""leeannshawyounger.com/nobody-likes-an-uppity-negro-c8a8d4c17be0""
27/09/2017 · Uppity Negroes fought for the right to vote. Uppity Negros studied hard and learned to use the system’s rules in order to transform the system itself. More recently, some seriously Uppity Negroes dared to proclaim the value of Black Lives in Ferguson, MO. Calling this country to live up to its ideals has always been the task of the Uppity Negro.

Discrimination because of one's skin colour is sick. We are all the same under the skin.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Discrimination because of one's skin colour is sick. We are all the same under the skin.
You tell that to the 'uppity one's' who live even now in the Southern States of America.
They have earned some progress, but not a lot!

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
That's not a thing.

BasildonBond

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There will surely come a time in the not too distant future when any form of interaction between men and women, any form of harmless fun pointed at another will land one up in court. I'm not suggesting in any way that we go back to the bad old days of "Love Thy Neighbour" on the TV, but Political Correctness has already gone WAY too far. There'll come a time when people are afraid to say ANYTHING to each other for fear of causing offence. When that time is reached all people will be able to do is to keep their thoughts to themselves. I for one hope I'm long gone by then

Back