The Sun always Shines

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
Another Morning,

she woke up with the sound of an alarm clock you know the one, that deafening Buzz, heard somewhere it is actually bad for the heart. apparently 30 % of all heart attacks occur in the morning. Still, she gets out of bed and goes through her usual routine, almost in a zombie state, kicking over an empty dog bowl as she heads for the shower. Still dark outside . slightly depressed at the thought of this but looking forward to seeing the first light as it pushes through the darkness. That part she looks forward to ..Her happiest time of the day. It makes her feel like a child again. For a moment all her worries, any anxiety or money problems seem insignificant with that sound of birds chirping outside her window. Secretly she believes they sing for her. Who knows, maybe they do.

As she opens the bathroom door the sound of google assist on her phone playing the latest news bulletin in the background resonating through her bedroom wall. More about the corona virus. She rolls her eyes and hurries into the shower cubicle not wanting to hear any more lies.. breakfast is a bowl of special K with strawberries . A splash of soya milk, tescos own ; the only one she seems to like the taste of. One boiled egg which has to be truly free range. She dips her spoon into the yolk, smiling to herself remembering that moment she overheard her neighbour and the "farm man " selling her the benefit of eating eggs that come from his uncles farm. A farm where the chickens are free to roam around in half an acre of field. She knows when someone is lying and when they're not. Especially men. The bus stop is literally across the street from her and the bus although never on time eventually turns up and gets her to work on time.

The last thing she remembers is the bus speeding towards her at a terrifying speed, the look of panic and horror on the drivers face as he slams on the breaks his eyes wide with fear. An eye witness later describes a woman running across the road into an oncoming bus holding a puppy. The owner standing on the pavement left holding a lead in shock, tears streaming, screaming her name.....she needn't have worried. The puppy survived.

Google assistant plays the news the following morning to an empty house. " Hero dies trying to save puppy as it manages to slip the owners lead and run into the road. The noise of the bus engine had apparently frightened it."... " The sound ricochets off an empty dog bowl, that only yesterday she had kicked while trying to get to the bathroom. Birds chirping outside her bedroom window. They sing just for her.

Last edited:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Another Morning, she woke up with the sound of an alarm clock, heard somewhere it is actually bad for the heart. apparently 30 % of all heart attacks occur in the morning. Still, she gets out of bed and goes through her usual routine, almost in a zombie state, kicking over an empty dog bowl as she heads for the shower. Still dark outside . Part semi depressed at the thought of this but partly looking forward to seeing the first light as it pushes through the darkness. That part she looks forward to ..Her happiest time of the day. It makes her feel like a child again. For a moment all her worries, any anxiety or money problems seem insignificant with that sound of birds chirping outside her window. Secretly she believes they sing for her. Who knows, maybe they do.

As she opens the bathroom door the sound of google assist on her phone playing the latest news bulletin in the background resonating through her bedroom wall. More about the corona virus. She rolls her eyes and hurries into the shower cubicle not wanting to hear any more lies....breakfast is a bowl of special K with strawberries . A splash of soya milk, tescos own ; the only one she seems to like the taste of. One boiled egg which has to be truly free range. As she dips her spoon into the yolk, she always smiles to herself remembering that moment she overheard her neighbour and the "farm man " selling her the benefit of eating eggs that come from his uncles farm. A farm where the chickens are free to roam around in half an acre of field. She knows when someone is lying and when they're not. Especially men. The bus stop is literally across the street from her and the bus although never on time eventually turns up and gets her to work on time.

The last thing she remembers is the bus speeding towards her at a terrifying speed, the look of panic and horror on the drivers face as he slams on the breaks his eyes wide with fear. An eye witness later describes a woman running across the road into an oncoming bus holding a puppy. The owner standing on the pavement left holding a lead in shock, tears streaming, screaming her name.....she needn't have worried. The puppy survived. Google assistant played the news the following morning to an empty house. " Woman dies trying to save puppy as it managed to slip the owners lead and run into the road"... " The sound echos off an empty dog bowl that only yesterday she had kicked while trying to get to the bathroom.

I liked that:confused: but, what is the moral of the story...apart from 'mind that bus'...and we all know that!:cool:

EarthAngel

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Very gifted writing. I like the idea that she is aware of having died given she remembers her last moments, but yet as the reader, you have no real awareness of how she knows or where she is as you read. I felt a deep sense of a lack of gratitude in the woman, despite having a dog to share love with as well as clearly having enough financial stability to afford free range eggs, modern tech and a preferred brand of soya milk; yet she is still unhappy with her life. The feeling like a child again reference, as with much of this story, is very relateable to people and common of a lot of routines shared by the population which I thought was an insightful way to pull the reader in to connect with the character. She is intelligent enough not to buy into every word she sees or reads on the news too.
To me, she has fallen into the trap of focussing on the negative instead of what she has and whilst it is understandable why she doesn't want to continue to listen to lies and virus news, perhaps she is just going through the motions everyday and existing instead of living. The irony of her death being that she was only really half alive.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Very gifted writing. I like the idea that she is aware of having died given she remembers her last moments, but yet as the reader, you have no real awareness of how she knows or where she is as you read. I felt a deep sense of a lack of gratitude in the woman, despite having a dog to share love with as well as clearly having enough financial stability to afford free range eggs, modern tech and a preferred brand of soya milk; yet she is still unhappy with her life. The feeling like a child again reference, as with much of this story, is very relateable to people and common of a lot of routines shared by the population which I thought was an insightful way to pull the reader in to connect with the character. She is intelligent enough not to buy into every word she sees or reads on the news too.
To me, she has fallen into the trap of focusing on the negative instead of what she has and whilst it is understandable why she doesn't want to continue to listen to lies and virus news, perhaps she is just going through the motions everyday and existing instead of living. The irony of her death being that she was only really half alive.

Thank you for reading it, It was a reflection of a kind hearted woman, one that loves animals, She recently lost her own dog , so when she witnesses a puppy [ they tend to get scared of buses for some reason] break free, doesn't hesitate sacrificing her own life to save his/hers. Disclaimer: No animals were hurt in the making of this err story . Yea well spotted, she is a bit of a poshy. Based on someone i know.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
I liked that:confused: but, what is the moral of the story...apart from 'mind that bus'...and we all know that!:cool:
puppy power?

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
To me, she has fallen into the trap of focussing on the negative instead of what she has and whilst it is understandable why she doesn't want to continue to listen to lies and virus news, perhaps she is just going through the motions everyday and existing instead of living. The irony of her death being that she was only really half alive.
I watched a film the other day, cant remember what it was called. Exactly that which you said, woman dies but hadn't really lived for a long time. Shame that.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
thank you lucyfer, thank you so much xxxxx

BlackMagicBabeXx

“Shut your mouth when you’re talking to me.”
Reaction score
pfft it was a nice short story why do people have to have reasons for it`s content and have a post mortem afterwards

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
pfft it was a nice short story why do people have to have reasons for it`s content and have a post mortem afterwards

Funny, I wrote that not long after I spoke with you.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
You do.Did..will

Back