The strangest thing you ever sawded.

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
image_2023-07-09_212846060.pngWhat is the strangest thing you ever saw. Spooky sh** of course is what i'd be interested in hearing about. There is just no way we are the only "species" on this planet. If you gonna start making sh** up then kindly exit right now, this here is for actual propa sightings. They do not need to be verified or proven but let it be known I can smell buuulshit a mile away

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
Well, they didn't last long, but there used to be these dolls that you squeeze. When you squeezed them, the eyes puffed up and popped out, and they'd let out a really good scream. I wanted one for stress relief, but I think they took them off the market here within a week or two of releasing them.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Mork and Mindy, action man and Cindy I don't mess about, I make them kiss when my mum goes out

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
About 40 years I didn't actually see anything spooky, but I did HEAR it..:)
I was home alone while the rest of the family were out shopping in town, and i spent the time up in my room building a plastic model ship.
Around teatime i heard voices in the street outside that sounded like the family returning, then i heard our front gate unlatch, then i heard the key go in the front door, then heard their voices and footsteps spill into the hallway.
Then there was dead silence.
I went downstairs to greet them but there was nobody there, i looked in the living room, kitchen, even the garden and garden shed, but nothing, they were nowhere to be seen.
I assumed they must have gone out to do a bit more shopping up the road , and i went back up to carry on with my ship.
After about an hour they came back and i asked my mother if they'd arrived earlier and gone back out again, but she said no, and hadn't a clue what i was talking about.
So i just put the earlier arrival down to a trick of the mind or a "waking dream" or whatever, and felt fascinated and privileged to have experienced it.
A few years later i happened to learn from a paranormal book that the phenomenon is fairly common, and is called "False Arrival", where somebody hears one or more friends or family members come into the house, followed by silence.

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
About 40 years I didn't actually see anything spooky, but I did HEAR it..:)
I was home alone while the rest of the family were out shopping in town, and i spent the time up in my room building a plastic model ship.
Around teatime i heard voices in the street outside that sounded like the family returning, then i heard our front gate unlatch, then i heard the key go in the front door, then heard their voices and footsteps spill into the hallway.
Then there was dead silence.
I went downstairs to greet them but there was nobody there, i looked in the living room, kitchen, even the garden and garden shed, but nothing, they were nowhere to be seen.
I assumed they must have gone out to do a bit more shopping up the road , and i went back up to carry on with my ship.
After about an hour they came back and i asked my mother if they'd arrived earlier and gone back out again, but she said no, and hadn't a clue what i was talking about.
So i just put the earlier arrival down to a trick of the mind or a "waking dream" or whatever, and felt fascinated and privileged to have experienced it.
A few years later i happened to learn from a paranormal book that the phenomenon is fairly common, and is called "False Arrival", where somebody hears one or more friends or family members come into the house, followed by silence.
I call them Jinn. They p;lay tricks on your mind, think it's funny.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I call them Jinn. They p;lay tricks on your mind, think it's funny.

Yes, and maybe they're what Shakespeare called "elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves" in The Tempest.
I think a tired mind is easy prey for them, for example I was concentrating hard on building that fiddly model ship, and another tired mind featured in a TV prog about the paranormal., namely the manager of a small engineering firm was working late on his own one night concentrating hard doing the accounts in the old control tower on a disused airfield where his firm was renting some hangars , when he heard footsteps plodding up the stone stairs and stop outside his door.
After a short silence he impatiently called out "Well come on in then!", but nobody did. He went and opened the door but there was nobody there.
Here's a theory of mine- we're all born with a "psychic shield" or "force field" or "buffer" around our brains to protect it from - dare i say it - elves, demons and other assorted supernatural phenomena.
But if we're engaged in doing something that requires a lot of mental concentration, our "shield" is weakened because we're draining power from it to concentrate on tasks that require a heavy mental workload.
So me and the manager experienced false arrivals or "visitations" by...who knows?
PS- we hear of students killing themselves after prolonged heavy swotting for exams, so maybe they were concentrating so hard on their studies that mental power was drained from their shield and all sorts of nasties got into their heads, for example-

suicide-student.jpg

Maybe that's why the Sabbath (or any other day once a week) is meant as a rest day for us to relax and re-charge our shields?

KIRK- "Report Mr. Spock"
SPOCK- "We're being scanned captain, source and origin unknown"
KIRK- "Shields up, red alert !"

Spock_science_station.jpg

Last edited:

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Yes, and maybe they're what Shakespeare called "elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves" in The Tempest.
I think a tired mind is easy prey for them, for example I was concentrating hard on building that fiddly model ship, and another tired mind featured in a TV prog about the paranormal., namely the manager of a small engineering firm was working late on his own one night concentrating hard doing the accounts in the old control tower on a disused airfield where his firm was renting some hangars , when he heard footsteps plodding up the stone stairs and stop outside his door.
After a short silence he impatiently called out "Well come on in then!", but nobody did. He went and opened the door but there was nobody there.
Here's a theory of mine- we're all born with a "psychic shield" or "force field" or "buffer" around our brains to protect it from - dare i say it - elves, demons and other assorted supernatural phenomena.
But if we're engaged in doing something that requires a lot of mental concentration, our "shield" is weakened because we're draining power from it to concentrate on tasks that require a heavy mental workload.
So me and the manager experienced false arrivals or "visitations" by...who knows?
PS- we hear of students killing themselves after prolonged heavy swotting for exams, so maybe they were concentrating so hard on their studies that mental power was drained from their shield and all sorts of nasties got into their heads, for example-

View attachment 13256

Maybe that's why the Sabbath (or any other day once a week) is meant as a rest day for us to relax and re-charge our shields?

KIRK- "Report Mr. Spock"
SPOCK- "We're being scanned captain, source and origin unknown"
KIRK- "Shields up, red alert !"

View attachment 13255
I know you put a bit of a comic spin on that, but it be very close to it I reckons. There could be whole worlds right under our noses, simple switch to infared and you can see what otherwise seemed invisible. that's why they say certain animals they can see what we can't. Maybe like radio, microwaves they are able to percieve what humans can't.

Dropship

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I know you put a bit of a comic spin on that, but it be very close to it I reckons. There could be whole worlds right under our noses, simple switch to infared and you can see what otherwise seemed invisible. that's why they say certain animals they can see what we can't. Maybe like radio, microwaves they are able to percieve what humans can't.

Yes, for example the light on the end of my TV remote is invisible to the eye when pressing a button, but when seen on the viewscreen of my ordinary camera (below) the light was seen to be flashing purple, here's a pic i took..:)

remote-flash.jpg

PS- given that cameras can see things at certain frequencies that our eyes can't, maybe UFO and ghost hunters should make regular scans through their camera viewscreens rather than rely on their own eyes.

RecklessRebel

Reaction score
View attachment 13234What is the strangest thing you ever saw. Spooky sh** of course is what i'd be interested in hearing about. There is just no way we are the only "species" on this planet. If you gonna start making sh** up then kindly exit right now, this here is for actual propa sightings. They do not need to be verified or proven but let it be known I can smell buuulshit a mile away
so i've worked nights in healthcare for the past 8 years and the stuff we have seen and heard is unreal. at the old care home i used to work in it was haunted as hell i never used to believe in stuff like that til i started working there. shadow figures, footsteps that follow you around the corridors also smoky mists and voices coming from empty rooms and call bells going off was a crazy place!

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
so i've worked nights in healthcare for the past 8 years and the stuff we have seen and heard is unreal. at the old care home i used to work in it was haunted as hell i never used to believe in stuff like that til i started working there. shadow figures, footsteps that follow you around the corridors also smoky mists and voices coming from empty rooms and call bells going off was a crazy place!
Yea but you're the Reblie, aint no ghostie gonna be able to spook you. That's some creepy ghostie sh**. I'd have liked it there,well aslong as not alone..in the dark. [screams like a b****]

Back