The Dumb and Dumber forum.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm not close to anyone...Real life or On-Line. I have very few friends. That's the way I like it.

Getting Close to someone On-Line?...Totally out of the question.

Some people like to do it...fair enough.

Not me.
You're a genuine lone-wolf, i'll give you that. I dedicate this song to you.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Feeling Groovy..... and talking to lamp posts. Yeah that hits the spot with me.! :D

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Subtle. Very subtle.. Calling someone a patronising twit and a clever dick...But without actually saying it to their face.

You come across to ME as a back stabber... and in real life, actually a nasty piece of work.

It's clear to see that you spend all your time on here...so you obviously don't work for a living.

One thing for sure. I can suss out folks like you very quickly.

<<< No need for sunglasses here.
BUMP.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Where did it all go wrong?:rolleyes:

When we forgot opinions are like a**h****.

They are mostly closed unless expelling chit.
They are usually hidden from view, but tend to offend when shown to strangers.
They sometimes stink.
Some people really try to get thier noses up some elses.

But mostly because very few people will allow something to penetrate the other way which may impact...

Thier opinions.

o_O

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
You didn't actually have to admit that you agreed with me. I don't need anyone's approbation when I have clearly made a valid point.
Regarding your point of gravitating towards certain contributors here; I would comment that most of us bond more readily with people whose personal experiences relate very much to that our own.
LadyONArooftop is quite probably the most user-friendly member on the Forum because she knows the right balance between animosity and affability.
By the way, I think your title to this thread is somewhat inflammatory.
:cool:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Likewise, I dont need your approval on the title of the threads I post.
The omission of an apostrophe was the first thing I noticed on preparing to reply. :rolleyes:
You might not require my approval but you will get my criticism all the same.
That applies to anyone who posts similarly ludicrous thread titles.
So which are you ... the dumb or the dumber?

S

Saphire

The omission of an apostrophe was the first thing I noticed on preparing to reply. :rolleyes:
You might not require my approval but you will get my criticism all the same.
That applies to anyone who posts similarly ludicrous thread titles.
So which are you ... the dumb or the dumber?
Yet here you are, not only reading this ludicrously titled thread, but responding to it too. :D

You must be the most boring, pedantic and patronising poster on this and many other boards.
Criticise away...you will be talking to yourself.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Yet here you are, not only reading this ludicrously titled thread, but responding to it too. :D

You must be the most boring, pedantic and patronising poster on this and many other boards.
Criticise away...you will be talking to yourself.
If my opinion was not important to you, you would not have even bothered to respond to my comment.
I wonder if you understand the meaning of the word irony.
It would appear not.
P.S. my (educated) guess is that you are the 'dumber' of the thread title.
:cool:

S

Saphire

When we forgot opinions are like a**h****.

They are mostly closed unless expelling chit.
They are usually hidden from view, but tend to offend when shown to strangers.
They sometimes stink.
Some people really try to get thier noses up some elses.

But mostly because very few people will allow something to penetrate the other way which may impact...

Thier opinions.

o_O
That's a bit cynical.
One good thing I have found since joining my first forum years ago, it gives people the chance to talk to others they would never meet in real life.
From all social backgrounds, from every continent, no one is off limits, all they need do is (if over 18) sign up and talk posting.

Once the dross is sorted out from the decent, it's amazing what people can learn from others on a forum...all you need is an open mind.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That's a bit cynical.
One good thing I have found since joining my first forum years ago, it gives people the chance to talk to others they would never meet in real life.
From all social backgrounds, from every continent, no one is off limits, all they need do is (if over 18) sign up and talk posting.

Once the dross is sorted out from the decent, it's amazing what people can learn from others on a forum...all you need is an open mind.

I agree, forums are wonderful things.

People can get together and learn from each other.
There is however one caviat, they must be open to evaluating opinions contradictory to thier own.

If thier, usually ill informed, brain is not capable of comprehending someones opinion may be different to thiers, then the aforementioned a'hole is a suitable analogy.

Then they are simply ideologically or arrogantly bound, rather than intellectually.

Believe me I know, I can be an arrogant b@stard sometimes when I think I'm right, but people have changed my mind on here many times.

Always remember a conversation I had with a chatter on the death penalty, I used to be a supporter until she gave me actual statistics of wrongful convictions later overturned.

She changed my mind.

I was younger and a lot more sure of my opinions back then, but she made me think.

Once people realise they are fallible and want to learn from the other "Side" of the debate, then it's fun and engaging.

If people are locked into an ideology or opinion simply because it makes sense to them and they have no time or inclination to actually think, then any conversation degrades to the point where someone calls someone else a Nazi.

Hence we are back to a'holes.

:)

S

Saphire

There is however one caviat, they must be open to evaluating opinions contradictory to thier own.

If thier, usually ill informed, brain is not capable of comprehending someones opinion may be different to thiers, then the aforementioned a'hole is a suitable analogy.

Then they are simply ideologically or arrogantly bound, rather than intellectually.

Believe me I know, I can be an arrogant b@stard sometimes when I think I'm right, but people have changed my mind on here many times.

Always remember a conversation I had with a chatter on the death penalty, I used to be a supporter until she gave me actual statistics of wrongful convictions later overturned.

She changed my mind.

I was younger and a lot more sure of my opinions back then, but she made me think.

Once people realise they are fallible and want to learn from the other "Side" of the debate, then it's fun and engaging.

If people are locked into an ideology or opinion simply because it makes sense to them and they have no time or inclination to actually think, then any conversation degrades to the point where someone calls someone else a Nazi.

That's a good post Moriarty, I agree with what you say.
People who can admit that they are not always right, are open for discussion, and do it in a respectable way, they are always the most interesting, usually well informed posters.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
But they don't listen.!

Paint your palette blue and Gray.

Look out on a summer's day.

With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.

Shadows on the hills.

Sketch the trees and the daffodils.

Catch the breeze and the winter chills.

In colours on the snowy linen land.

Now I understand..... what you tried to say to me.

And how you suffered for your sanity.

And how you tried to set them free.

They would not listen, they did not know how.!

Perhaps they'll listen now.

Perhaps they Never will.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

She changed my mind.

A good post. Probably the best one I have read in a long time. I agree.

You won't get an education from 99.99% of the Members here. But there is that 0.1%.

Who you will get something from... that sticks...;)

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
A good post. Probably the best one I have read in a long time. I agree.

You won't get an education from 99.99% of the Members here. But there is that 0.1%.

Who you will get something from... that sticks...;)

You typed that same line to me a few weeks ago and to someone else a few weeks before that.

Your sycophantic fawning is just cringe.

;)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You typed that same line to me a few weeks ago and to someone else a few weeks before that.

Your sycophantic fawning is just cringe.

;)
My line to YOU was way different and You know it. It's your Sycophantic behaviour we need to talk about...Isn't it?.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
My line to YOU was way different and You know it. It's your Sycophantic behaviour we need to talk about...Isn't it?.

It was so different you typed EXACTLY the same line in EXACTLY the same context.

Now, why don't you make a grown-up thread where you can demonstrate you have knowledge in any subject you choose.

Stop kissing arse and prove it yourself.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
It was so different you typed EXACTLY the same line in EXACTLY the same context.

Now, why don't you make a grown-up thread where you can demonstrate you have knowledge in any subject you choose.

Stop kissing arse and prove it yourself.
I bat that right back at YOU.

I kiss no one's arse.

I'm pretty clued up about Dark Matter and Black Holes....Lets talk about those?...;)

Back