The Dumb and Dumber forum.

S

Saphire

I was looking for a thread that was posted recently....it was pages back because the forum is now awash with pointless threads seemingly for the amusement of two posters.
Boring, and in my experience, one or two posters flooding a forum with ridiculous threads puts other people off posting or joining in.

That's my opinion...others may have different opinions.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I must admit, I almost missed a lovely poem someone had posted that had slipped down the list due to the flood of threads basically all on the same subject. It is annoying, but this is a 'free gig' as they say, so just make the best of it, keep calm and carry on. ;) If the nuclear missiles ever start flying, :eek: I do hope i'm not one of those people who will panic and start running around wildly, but instead just start singing "Always look on the bright side of life. . ." :)

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
100% he has been lurking since 11.14 am when the thread was written to type that.

Old lurky.

LOL!

BettyT0ughTits

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
my best friend once said to me , betty how do you use a compact tampax,

I was like serially,
I said what do you normally do

her reply was well I open it and remove the hard plastic, then use it like a lillet I was like no way , so I then began to open it and pull down the inner tube

she then replayed ohso you use it like a tampax xx
I was like whoa

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
they do what they want to do but the news copying and pasting im not a fan of it even though i thought about doing it years ago myself
The reason that there is so much copying & pasting is merely down to a lack of original thought.
Please put me out of my misery and tell me what the 'G3' is in reference to.
Thank you.

S

Saphire

The reason that there is so much copying & pasting is merely down to a lack of original thought.
Please put me out of my misery and tell me what the 'G3' is in reference to.
Thank you.
For the first time since I joined here, I actually agree with you.

Don't worry, it won't become a habit.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
@WickedPerdition is just misunderstood :( He's probably in my top 3 of forum contributors. Him, being him, will consider not being No 1 as an insult. That's the kind of thing that endears him to me. I really get his sarcastic humour. :) Instead of considering what someone says, some people look at who's saying it, and if they don't like that person, it is instantly discounted, no matter how valid the comment may be. :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

@WickedPerdition is just misunderstood :( He's probably in my top 3 of forum contributors. Him, being him, will consider not being No 1 as an insult. That's the kind of thing that endears him to me. I really get his sarcastic humour. :) Instead of considering what someone says, some people look at who's saying it, and if they don't like that person, it is instantly discounted, no matter how valid the comment may be. :rolleyes:

I knew no one on here when I joined last September, so I had no preconceived ideas about any of the posters.
What you may see as sarcastic humour, I may see as some patronising twit, attempting to talk down to people and coming across as a not so clever dick..;)

One thing for sure, it would be a boring old world, if we all liked/disliked the same people.:cool:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You can also become too close to another forum contributor. You may feel pressure to agree with them on an issue when you really don't want to... You feel compromised. The both of you may become almost like a single entity. It's best to be a lone-wolf type, then you can say what you want...

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I knew no one on here when I joined last September, so I had no preconceived ideas about any of the posters.
What you may see as sarcastic humour, I may see as some patronising twit, attempting to talk down to people and coming across as a not so clever dick..;)

One thing for sure, it would be a boring old world, if we all liked/disliked the same people.:cool:
Subtle. Very subtle.. Calling someone a patronising twit and a clever dick...But without actually saying it to their face.

You come across to ME as a back stabber... and in real life, actually a nasty piece of work.

It's clear to see that you spend all your time on here...so you obviously don't work for a living.

One thing for sure. I can suss out folks like you very quickly.

<<< No need for sunglasses here.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You can also become too close to another forum contributor. You may feel pressure to agree with them on an issue when you really don't want to... You feel compromised. The both of you may become almost like a single entity. It's best to be a lone-wolf type, then you can say what you want...
I'm not close to anyone...Real life or On-Line. I have very few friends. That's the way I like it.

Getting Close to someone On-Line?...Totally out of the question.

Some people like to do it...fair enough.

Not me.

S

Saphire

I do think it's human nature to gravitate towards some people more than others, even on a forum.
You may like their opinions, their humour, their warmth....for eg, I find you quite responsive, and several others on here too.

Personally, as I am sure you have noted, nice as I think someone is, if I don't agree with them I will say so.
I would also hate it if someone agreed with me for the sake of it too.

Single entity posters....:rolleyes:

S

Saphire

Subtle. Very subtle.. Calling someone a patronising twit and a clever dick...But without actually saying it to their face.

You come across to ME as a back stabber... and in real life, actually a nasty piece of work.

It's clear to see that you spend all your time on here...so you obviously don't work for a living.

One thing for sure. I can suss out folks like you very quickly.

<<< No need for sunglasses here.
Still smarting?:rolleyes:

Back