Tales from a care home

P

PennyDreadful

Up until last year, I had been unemployed for a number of years. I wanted to get back into work because I didn't want to be on the scrap heap (my own choice of words). In late 2020, I began working in a care home. During the interview I was informed that the home had managed to stay Covid free since the crisis began. It was also mentioned that the home had an open door policy (any resident who was able, was allowed to roam freely within the home). This would later prove to be a very unwise decision
In late December, the Coronavirus came to the home with a vengence, the home lost a third of the residents, mostly to covid, but a few died of unrelated illnesses. Many of the residents that died, had other health problems. It was a horrendous time, hindered by having the open door policy. One of the most stressful events from working in this environment under these circumstances, was when I had to make a resident's bed. Hours later, they were hospitalised because they had tested positive for covid. I would like to point out, that I was wearing full PPE, so was every other member of staff. But it was still pretty unnerving.
Weeks later, a senior member of staff approached me about having the vaccine, I declined because it was new and unproven. To be honest it was something that I neither wanted nor asked for. But due to certain pressures, I had the first part of the AstraZeneca vaccine in February, I had the second part a few months later. If I had had the choice, I would not have been vaccinated, I think I was also influenced by the "freedom" it would bring!
No one should ever be pressurised into having the vaccine, I respect those who choose not to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
The Figures just don't add up. Which ever way you look at it.

No Rocket science needed.

B

Bad_Influence

Up until last year, I had been unemployed for a number of years. I wanted to get back into work because I didn't want to be on the scrap heap (my own choice of words). In late 2020, I began working in a care home. During the interview I was informed that the home had managed to stay Covid free since the crisis began. It was also mentioned that the home had an open door policy (any resident who was able, was allowed to roam freely within the home. This would later prove to be a very unwise decision
In late December, the Coronavirus came to the home with a vengence, the home lost a third of the residents, mostly to covid, but a few died of unrelated illnesses. Many of the residents that died, had other health problems. It was a horrendous time, hindered by having the open door policy. One of the most stressful events from working in this environment under these circumstances, was when I had to make a resident's bed. Hours later, they were hospitalised because they had tested positive for covid. I would like to point out, that I was wearing full PPE, so was every other member of staff. But it was still pretty unnerving.
Weeks later, a senior member of staff approached me about having the vaccine, I declined because it was new and unproven. To be honest it was something that I neither wanted nor asked for. But due to certain pressures, I had the first part of the AstraZeneca vaccine in February, I had the second part a few months later. If I had had the choice, I would not have been vaccinated, I think I was also influenced by the "freedom" it would bring!
No one should ever be pressurised into having the vaccine, I respect those who choose not to.
Many such as yourself, worked through the time when Covid was at epidemic levels, putting themselves at risk to care for other folks elderly relatives. Yet now those same people are being told they must accept an experimental biological agent or they will face the sack. It was fine to put yourself at risk for months prior to the jab being available, but now you’re told that, despite the jab not preventing you from catching or spreading Covid, you are suddenly a danger to the very people you cared for.
There is no reason to have the jab if it does not protect you or anyone else, and most certainly nobody should be coerced, blackmailed, or threatened with the sack, into having the jab.
That you decided to accept was you choice, albeit a choice you were made to feel you needed to make, and nobody should judge you on that. Just as nobody has the right to decide what I choose to do. My body, my choice.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Of course, being a fake accountant for someone who he claims owns 5 care homes he knows every single frontline staff at those five care homes has had the vaccine without grumbling at all and as they damn well should if they are working with vulnerable or elderly clients.

Just as the vast majority have all over the UK.

Now he accepts care home staff put "themselves at risk", and they did, after arguing for months they were not in any danger at all.

I happen to have some knowledge of the "care sector" myself and he is f*cking clueless and as his post reveals.

B

Bad_Influence

Of course, being a fake accountant for someone who he claims owns 5 care homes he knows every single frontline staff at those five care homes has had the vaccine without grumbling at all and as they damn well should if they are working with vulnerable or elderly clients.

Just as the vast majority have all over the UK.

Now he accepts care home staff put "themselves at risk", and they did, after arguing for months they were not in any danger at all.

I happen to have some knowledge of the "care sector" myself and he is f*cking clueless and as his post reveals.
:rolleyes:

B

Bad_Influence

And Shouty Man still doesn’t know the different between a carehome, and Homecare.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
When he first started his anti-vaxx campaign his argument was (similar to supermarkets) not a single client had died from Covid at the five homes he was a fake accountant for therefore it had been exaggerated. His EXACT words.

Clueless.

B

Bad_Influence

When he first started his anti-vaxx campaign his argument was (similar to supermarkets) not a single client had died from Covid at the five homes he was a fake accountant for therefore it had been exaggerated. His EXACT words.

Clueless.
:rolleyes:

M

MrFishy

Why do those doing silly jobs moan about being vaccinated?

I remember bring my whole team into take the AstraZeneca in Jan. No one moan or complained. Over a thousand keyworkers pass thru the centre we just completed within the first 24 hours.

No shop workers, care home staff, doctors, nurses or even policemen.

Just power & water workers. Telecom engs and those who maintain the hospitals and ambulances. If they fail to turn up and do there jobs the system breaks down. You know the real keyworkers the news fails to mention.

There was no age limit for any of us: if you were over 18 you got the jab.

We'd all been working continuously and didn't stop or lock down. In the back of my mind was the risk I was putting my friends and family at and I was the only one. I know men who stay at other workers homes for months cos they didn't want to put there kids at risk.

None us knew if AstraZeneca was going to work or side effects.... but we didn't care. Nothing for me was worse than a call from workers saying they had it. Wondering if they'd past it onto wife's, kids or parents. I think it was when I had 6 men in hospital I couldn't look any of them in the eyes, just sending them down to the local hospital to fix a problem.

AstraZeneca for me meant seeing my friends and family again without the fear of spreading covid. For others it was the same too. Its funny how you miss a simple meal with friends.

So when I read Pennydreadful post on how they were forced to take it.... it really does **** me off. You have no idea how much people gave up during the first year of the pandemic or when thru.

B

Bad_Influence

Why do those doing silly jobs moan about being vaccinated?

I remember bring my whole team into take the AstraZeneca in Jan. No one moan or complained. Over a thousand keyworkers pass thru the centre we just completed within the first 24 hours.

No shop workers, care home staff, doctors, nurses or even policemen.

Just power & water workers. Telecom engs and those who maintain the hospitals and ambulances. If they fail to turn up and do there jobs the system breaks down. You know the real keyworkers the news fails to mention.

There was no age limit for any of us: if you were over 18 you got the jab.

We'd all been working continuously and didn't stop or lock down. In the back of my mind was the risk I was putting my friends and family at and I was the only one. I know men who stay at other workers homes for months cos they didn't want to put there kids at risk.

None us knew if AstraZeneca was going to work or side effects.... but we didn't care. Nothing for me was worse than a call from workers saying they had it. Wondering if they'd past it onto wife's, kids or parents. I think it was when I had 6 men in hospital I couldn't look any of them in the eyes, just sending them down to the local hospital to fix a problem.

AstraZeneca for me meant seeing my friends and family again without the fear of spreading covid. For others it was the same too. Its funny how you miss a simple meal with friends.

So when I read Pennydreadful post on how they were forced to take it.... it really does **** me off. You have no idea how much people gave up during the first year of the pandemic or when thru.
Oh dear. “AstraZeneca for me meant seeing my friends and family again without the fear of spreading covid. For others it was the same too. Its funny how you miss a simple meal with friends.”? When will people learn? The jab does NOT stop you passing Covid on. It does NOT stop you catching Covid.

P

PennyDreadful

If I'd had known that my heartfelt post was going to descend into an argument, I would not have bothered.
Honestly guys, there is enough crap to deal with in the real world, without having to be subjected to it on a chat forum.

M

MrFishy

Bad influence I'd had a crap Christmas, was stressed out and burning out. When one of my 17 year olds trainees was hospitalize with covid it hit me really hard. Talking to his mum on phone choked me up... I had no idea what to say to her.

Without AstraZeneca I would've stop work and kept my staff at home.

I wasn't the only one too..... without the vaccines the system would have broken down in February.

B

Bad_Influence

Bad influence I'd had a crap Christmas, was stressed out and burning out. When one of my 17 year olds trainees was hospitalize with covid it hit me really hard. Talking to his mum on phone choked me up... I had no idea what to say to her.

I wasn't the only one too..... without the vaccines the system would have broken down in February.
I get that. But to claim you didn’t know nor care of any side effects, or even if the jab worked, amazes me.

B

Bad_Influence

What would you have done if you or one of the people you encouraged to have the jab, had a severe reaction? Seizures for instance.

M

MrFishy

What we always did, hope for the best & trust they got it right.

B

Bad_Influence

What we always did, hope for the best & trust they got it right.
You were so moved by a Covid victim but jab victim you ‘hope’ gets better? That is a very strange way of dealing with things.

M

MrFishy

The vaccines had been thru trials and all new drugs carry risks. Given how many have been vaccinated in the last 9 months the risk is tiny.

This reflects the information available back in Jan at the start of the vaccine roll out.

B

Bad_Influence

The vaccines had been thru trials and all new drugs carry risks. Given how many have been vaccinated in the last 9 months the risk is tiny.

This reflects the information available back in Jan at the start of the vaccine roll out.
Trials that aren’t complete until 2023.
Trials that have no long term safety data.
Meanwhile, the jab has multiple adverse reactions, including death, all in the first year of use. What will they cause in 2 years, or 5? Let’s face facts, it hasn’t had a good start has it? It doesn’t even do what a vaccine is supposed to do, ie prevent the virus, or prevent spread of the virus.

Back