Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Boo'ing might incur the wrath of the followers of 'wokeness' (aka the thought police) sitting near you, so to avoid any confrontation I think I would register my discontent by simply rolling my eyes. :rolleyes:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
One race should not bow to another.
These days it's all about equality?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I would just roll my eyes at it if I'm honest. If the fans don't agree with the players taking the knee, instead of booing and showing displeasure, just stop supporting the team and continuing to fund the sport by paying large sums of money to go and watch these teams play, if you're that dissatisfied with it.

That's my take on it. If you want to take real action, a boycott of all England games would send a clear message. Hit them in the wallet. Jeering or booing isn't going to do anything.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
One race should not bow to another.
These days it's all about equality?
In the 1930's the England team were instructed to do the Nazi salute. I can't show the image on here, but if you Google it, you'll see. Only one player refused to do it.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I boo the booers and those from the sewers, eg: the nazis, gammons, racists, xenophobes, ethnocentric nobodies, bigots, holy-than-thou'ers, hypocrites, intolerant bastards, flag wavers, and all those ultra/right wing cunts who make my fucking skin crawl.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I boo the booers and those from the sewers, eg: the nazis, gammons, racists, xenophobes, ethnocentric nobodies, bigots, holy-than-thou'ers, hypocrites, intolerant bastards, flag wavers, and all those ultra/right wing cunts who make my fucking skin crawl.

You've missed out some of the other meaningless buzzwords.

paolinho

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Admittedly I rarely follow news stories, but why would supporters be affected in any way by the players "taking the knee"?

B

Bad_Influence

As far as I see it, all the players need to do is find another gesture to show their support for bringing equality into the game.
They constantly say taking the knee is not a political gesture but by association it most certainly is. It’s known to have links to the BLM movement, therefore no matter whether the players agree or disagree with that Marxist organisation (their own words, not mine), taking the knee will always be seen as a political statement.
Just imagine if the BLM had used a Nazi style salute instead of kneeling with a fist raised, would the players have been happy to adopt that gesture? After all, they could still claim it is just a way to show unity, nothing political at all.
Would the media, the FA, have been as supportive? I would certainly hope not.

By stubbornly ignoring the public they are bringing more division, not less, exactly the opposite of what they claim their motives are.

paolinho

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
But which members of the public are offended by it, and why - is my question

B

Bad_Influence

But which members of the public are offended by it, and why - is my question
Politics and sport should never mix. Even the IOC agree on that.
England players were fined £35,000 for wearing poppies for Remembrance Day one year, because, in its own words ‘FIFA prohibits political, religious, or commercial messages being displayed on the pitch.
I hope now you understand why ppl get offended.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Admittedly I rarely follow news stories, but why would supporters be affected in any way by the players "taking the knee"?
Good question. I think fans are affected by this because they realise what the whole BLM movement really represents, which is a Marxist ideology based on race nationalism. The people behind BLM even admitted that they're trained Marxists, and even have a political manifesto with Marxist and Communist pledges. So it's become more than just a movement. It's become a dangerous ideological and political multi-billion dollar organisation, funded by the rich and powerful who really benefit from this, rather than black communities as it was intended to do.

In 1935, the England squad were pressured into doing the Nazi salute before the game had started, which was also a politicised event.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The majority who dislike/are offended by it are racists.. And those racists will use anything they possibly can as an appeal to emotions to try and prove a point or turn it into something it isn't. eg: Nazi salutes, poppies, politics, Marxist, communist and rich fucker involvements, etc.

Taking the knee was and is a symbolic gesture against racism. Originated by American football player Colin Kaepernick, Sep 1, 2016.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I applaud every one of the players.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Of course, it would help their cause more if they understood that everything left of extreme far-right groups is not marxism, nor even remotely left-wing.

Angry and ignorant middle-aged men who have absolutely no concept of what marxism is or what it represents.

B

Bad_Influence

The majority who dislike/are offended by it are racists.. And those racists will use anything they possibly can as an appeal to emotions to try and prove a point or turn it into something it isn't. eg: Nazi salutes, poppies, politics, Marxist, communist and rich fucker involvements, etc.

Taking the knee was and is a symbolic gesture against racism. Originated by American football player Colin Kaepernick, Sep 1, 2016.
That’s a bold claim as though you know what people are offended by. I’m sure most fans who boo are, like myself, happy to get behind inequality in sport but not the gesture itself.
If it’s just a symbolic gesture as you say why is it so much trouble to select another, knowing the division this one is bringing?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Of course, it would help their cause more if they understood that everything left of extreme far-right groups is not marxism, nor even remotely left-wing.

Angry and ignorant middle-aged men who have absolutely no concept of what marxism is or what it represents.
There are open Marxists out there, it's just that people reject the ideology. Communism doesn't have a great track record on human rights(more people killed than WWI and WWII combined), and to see the England football club and Gareth South Gate adopt those types of ideologies, isn't going to go down well with some people.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
They ain't hurting anyone by taking the knee
And neither are the fans booing. I would rather see that type of expression than violence. These fans are practically political activists who are opposing a Communist ideology.

B

Bad_Influence

They ain't hurting anyone by taking the knee
They are, as I’ve explained, bringing politics into sport. If it’s ok for them, then surely you wouldn’t complain if Al Qaeda flags were flown at matches, or maybe everyone gave a Nazi salute? If politics is brought into sport then it has to be across the board and I hate to think where it would lead.

B

Bad_Influence

If the players are allowed to show their opinion why is it so wrong for fans to do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back