So long and thanks for all the fish! - UkChat NOT Closing

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
OMG don't mince your words Pink! I'll tell you one person who will be happy about this sad news of the site closing - Hestar. By now she will be a mod on another site. she does have previous.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The site has been mangled by a selective few who so say hate the site but still could not stay away when asked and did everything possible to break bans and the rules.

Continuous fcuking headache.

Sad news guys and a hard decision to make i'm sure.

Last edited:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
sorry but it has to be said, it ISNT the trolls abusing this chat its the CORRUPT POWER HAPPY losers you call mods, ive been in the mod only room, (being a happy ex mod as I was to good at my job) I treated chatters with respect but yet the corrupt mods many a time said in mod room how they hated 90% of chatters I showed proof, jody elwood omg pure nasty skanks, belittled chatters banned for fun all the time, and as for that b**** Sadie aka TDD, words fail me as to how nasty and UGLY that creature IS and always will be, she couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery, evil personified, I told chatters this site WAS closing for months, it happens to all sites where idiots mod up trouble makers, and boy was I right, maybe now we can get a decent site that ISNT run by MORONS...over and out :)…. oh and Sadie....I WAS a far better person than you could ever be, only you were jealous of that fact..YOU killed chat NOT the chatters but you being a coward and nasty.. you are not big enough to admit it

So pretty much you love Yourself.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED!!

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry but it has to be said, it ISNT the trolls abusing this chat its the CORRUPT POWER HAPPY losers you call mods, ive been in the mod only room, (being a happy ex mod as I was to good at my job) I treated chatters with respect but yet the corrupt mods many a time said in mod room how they hated 90% of chatters I showed proof, jody elwood omg pure nasty skanks, belittled chatters banned for fun all the time, and as for that b**** Sadie aka TDD, words fail me as to how nasty and UGLY that creature IS and always will be, she couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery, evil personified, I told chatters this site WAS closing for months, it happens to all sites where idiots mod up trouble makers, and boy was I right, maybe now we can get a decent site that ISNT run by MORONS...over and out :)…. oh and Sadie....I WAS a far better person than you could ever be, only you were jealous of that fact..YOU killed chat NOT the chatters but you being a coward and nasty.. you are not big enough to admit it
Did you, or did you not, wish death on someone battling cancer? You’re a sad bitter woman who couldn’t be a mod because you don’t have the brain power and are butthurt because admin realised that. Get back under your rock you sad sick little woman

SilkInTheMist84

Reaction score
Did you, or did you not, wish death on someone battling cancer? You’re a sad bitter woman who couldn’t be a mod because you don’t have the brain power and are butthurt because admin realised that. Get back under your rock you sad sick little woman
Oh my Pinkwave I thought you were above all that vile stuff...or have you forgotten that you were a....and I quote....'A CORRUPT POWER HUNGRY LOSER OF A MOD' yourself...tut tut I thought better of you and kicking someone when they were down with cancer....I mean how low can you go !!!

G

Greatscott

Oh my Pinkwave I thought you were above all that vile stuff...or have you forgotten that you were a....and I quote....'A CORRUPT POWER HUNGRY LOSER OF A MOD' yourself...tut tut I thought better of you and kicking someone when they were down with cancer....I mean how low can you go !!!
i agree with you silk it's the lowest of the low

G

Greatscott

well i wish dalai all the best with her treatment and i'm sure most will and ty for the service and to all the mods and admin

IglooLass

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
really, really sad about this.
I have had a trobled year and the friends I have made have helped me through it.
I dont think i would have coped so well without them.
You will all be so sadly missed.
Thanks , though, to all those who have held teh site together for so long.
I guess the trolls have won!!!!!!

xxxx Cags

SolitaryRuby

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
It's quite sad that this site even needed mods but then...if you behave like children...you get treated as such. I have been in chat for over 20 years and it's always been like this. If you are going to blame anyone for a site closing, blame yourselves, not the mods. Are you all really that set on having an argument rather than use the ignore feature that was provided to you by the site? In my modest opinion, a lot have brought this on themselves. I have been banned once in my whole chat life and that was on this site. No one was to blame but me. Anyway, it's only my opinion, I generally get on with people, I find arguing a waste of my time and energy.
It's been a pleasure mostly, take good care of yourselves and I sincerely hope this has been a lesson for when you invade another site.
Take care all, I am gonna get myself a life :)

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score

A) Pink was in that room talking more sh** than all the mods together but hey, we'll ignore that's and move onto this. Pinkwave was demodded for making up her own rules and banning people repeatedly for things that were not bannable. On top of that she had just taken about a year break from chat. When demodded, Pink then threw a fit, I assume from the gossip that was going around that I wouldn't answer her p2ps, which is commonly known to be turned off, and went on to call me every name in the book and wish me death. This was 3 months ago and everyone had moved on. Everyone except Pink. Now Pink, you can stay, say goodbye to your friends, whatever, or you can go, but you will not insult the mods, and you will not continue to insult me. None of us deserve that abuse.

Smokey75

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
So you're giving in to the trolls! how sad! lets hope you don't quit in real life either :p

B

badly

Edit:

After an ENORMOUS level of feedback from the community we've decided to take a step back and re-assess this situation.

A large amount of people have contacted us regarding the closure. Many have shared touching stories about what makes this chat great. We listened.

I have been convinced that this community can be salvaged. To do this there will have to be some changes, and we WILL NEED YOUR HELP. It's the people here that make UkChat what it is, and you're the ones who have the most power to change it.

Here is what you can do:
  • Be friendly to guests. This is how new chatters view the site for the first time. If you ignore them they will leave, and then everyone misses out on the chance to make a new friend. We want this site to grow.
  • Avoid setting a hostile tone in public chat. If there is a lot of hostility going around do your best to break it up. Change the subject. Tell a good joke. Don't get baited in to it. The moderators cannot set the tone of chat - that is primarily up to the people chatting.
  • Don't feed the trolls. Related to above. There are people on this site who's only joy in life is attempting to get a rise out of other chatters. Don't fall for it and engage with them. If you see someone feeding a troll, PM them and explain why they should not engage.
  • Report ban evaders. If you know someone is banned and they have came back under a different name, please immediately report them.
We will also be making changes to how the site is moderated and managed from an administrative standpoint. Forum post for this coming soon.

---------- Original Post ---------
As you may have heard, UkChat is closing

The community is too toxic for the site to grow. It has become stagnant and non-viable. We've done our best to work on this situation but to no avail. People here are not friendly to newcomers and the trolls just won't leave.

We understand that many of you have built strong relationships over the years and this is your primary mode of contact with certain friends. To make sure that everyone can find ways to stay in touch we will be performing the shutdown slowly, in stages, over the course of a couple weeks.

Please do not publicly advertise alternative sites - this will be considered spam
Nice one.

A

azzbo

Thank you so much, this is our home and we love this place. Chat party tonight!!!!!!

Back