SITE CHANGES ARE COMING SOON !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillieW

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Months and months. It’s come on leaps and bounds

It looks good. I think it will be easier for new people to follow. It's really clean looking.

stablefairy

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
am sure this is not good. most changes these days are not. but we just have to go with it. this will either kill or cure this site.

Lau40

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
It wont let me sign in with my user name or password. x

Zowie

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
It's simple with nice clean lines. Looks dead easy to use too... Very nice

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Just gonna say couldnt sign in on my name but u can on as a guest looks alright :)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hi all - the site will be introducing a new style and format for the chat rooms in early or mid April.

A new layout for 2021 has been developed with added features to enhance your chat experience. We'll update in due course but for now, feel free to click the link below which will take you to a test site where you can see exactly what the new update will be like.

Feel free to comment below any questions or queries you have.

Free Chat Rooms - Online Chat with No Registration - Chat Zone - Free Chat Rooms

elwoodbluz1966 & Jody

UKChat Admins

The layout looks great and very easy to use. What a lot of work it has been. Well done to all involved. Thanks for trying to improve the room/s and they way we use it. I for one am very grateful. Thanks,

clapping.jpeg

MillieW

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Just gonna say couldnt sign in on my name but u can on as a guest looks alright :)
You can't because its a test site. It's not linked to your account. The new one will be, when it's finished.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Hi all - the site will be introducing a new style and format for the chat rooms in early or mid April.

A new layout for 2021 has been developed with added features to enhance your chat experience. We'll update in due course but for now, feel free to click the link below which will take you to a test site where you can see exactly what the new update will be like.

Feel free to comment below any questions or queries you have.

Free Chat Rooms - Online Chat with No Registration - Chat Zone - Free Chat Rooms

elwoodbluz1966 & Jody

UKChat Admins

I have trialled this new format for a short period to check out what, if any, benefits/improvements were to be found.
Alas, my first impressions are that it is offers very little improvement or advantage over the current format.
The first noticeable change is that the Room List now has a blue background. That is probably a slight advantage over plain white, I suppose.

Looking at the Room List, I also notice that guest users are assigned the letter G by their names. Surely, they should remain below regular users to further distinguish them as non-members of UK Chat. That should, at least, be one incentive to become regular room users.
The time stamp is at the far right of the Chat panel, which I think is bad placement. I think most users concentrate more on what's on their left rather than what is on their right, in line with traditional reading habit.
The clicking on the user name, as opposed to tabbing them to respond to a chatter in the room, is obviously the best feature I have seen so far.
Another thing that seems to give more option is the block feature. It looks like you have more control over blocking users, but that remains to be seen.
One question I do have is: Is the new title of the site going to be 'Chat Zone'?
Also, I wonder if you are open to suggestion to other possible improvements of the format before it is formally released.

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
You can go into the settings and choose how you want the user list to look. You can choose to have your friends at the top, guests at the bottom etc.
also in settings you can change the time stamp position.
The title of the site will still be ukchat.
And yes, we will always pass on suggestions

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
On the test site posted for you to go check out the new software, you do not have an account. When the layout changes come to this site, you will still keep your current account. But for the purpose of the test site you can either create an account on chat zone or you can be a guest

D

DanNorfolk

Seems pretty straightforward. Lots of options and I particularly like the option of the dark screen which suits my eyesight and @ clicking names you are chatting to is a far easier option than tabbing.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
You can go into the settings and choose how you want the user list to look. You can choose to have your friends at the top, guests at the bottom etc.
also in settings you can change the time stamp position.
The title of the site will still be ukchat.
And yes, we will always pass on suggestions

Jody, I really appreciate your helpfulness and I have taken note of how I can change the available options in the new format.
Also, thank you for allowing further suggestions to be considered to improve our chat experience.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Seems pretty straightforward. Lots of options and I particularly like the option of the dark screen which suits my eyesight and @ clicking names you are chatting to is a far easier option than tabbing.

LOL. Even NEW members are eager to say how the changes will enhance their chat experience. So, it must be a good thing.
:)

Isabelle1

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I like it and it has emojis and more emojis and more emojis woohoo. :)
Seriously, altogether I think it looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back