SilkintheMist (Marlene)

annadolphy50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Good morning everyone

We have very sad news to pass to you all. Sadly Marlene passed away yesterday morning - it was her 78th birthday - we have been informed. We are all deeply shocked. We were going to wait until later in the week to formally announce it as a mark of respect to Marlene and so all her family and close friends could be informed first, but unfortunately it has already been mentioned in chat. We will all miss Marlene greatly, she was a lovely lady.

Please feel free to post your comments or memories of Marlene below.

Thank you all

(we will have zero tolerance for any derogatory comments posted)
R.I.P silk u will be sadly missed my thoughts are with her family and friends. x

glen612201

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
so sorry to hear this she was a lovely lady who i had the pleasure of meeting and will be greatly missed xxxxx

JoJoTia3rd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Marlene
I first met you over 20 years ago on AOL, you had a wonderful personality and were very witty. You will be greatly missed and I am glad to have had the pleasure of meeting you, condolences to your family xxxxxxx
Love you, Jo xxxxx

annadolphy50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
R.I.P marlene u will be sadly missed we had some laughs. we had a lot of good chats u gave me a lot of support gonna miss u hunni. my thoughts are with all her friends and family xxxxx

Lau40

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
  • R.IP angel was a pleasure to know you now have that rest you promised your self see you in heaven.

• From Robby xx

ickybodclay345

It is what it is,til it isn't.
Reaction score
I will forever remember the laughs and banter over the years,on AOL and here.you will be forever mentioned and never forgotten..go be that champagne supernova in the sky,silky.RIP

Love icks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
You’re all making me well emotional

Zowie

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
So sad to hear this very sad news, she was such a wonderful person. She has peace at last. Rest in peace xxx

M

MrWhippy

Bless you Silk.
One of the best mods ever xxxx

Be at peace x

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Like @JoJoTia3rd, I too remember Marlene from the AOL days, she was one of the first to welcome me to chat. A person, who genuinely wanted to be friends with, and help, everyone. She had a wonderful sense of humour and a heart of gold.

Here's to you Marlene.

S

Sugarplumfairy

We've lost our chatroom Mum. May you be modding us from above and guide us with your light. You will be the brightest star. RIP Dorn....will never forget you.
My sincere condolences to family and friends xxx

TriciaB

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
So sorry to read this very sad news :( Silky was a lovely lady, we had many good chats putting the world rights when times got rough, she will be very dearly missed...heaven has gained another angel RIP xxx

Back