Signs your partner is having an affair

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
They suddenly stop using your name but instead call you honey, darlin etc. Is this in case they slip up calling you by the wrong name?
Any other clues? (Not asking for a friend).

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
They start quoting French poetry to you.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Making excuses to avoid spending time with you and instead going out with friends, ignoring text messages and phone calls, completely losing interest in you as a whole(they may say they don't have enough time, but how long does it really take to text someone back?), spending time chatting with other guy/girl friends instead of you, and ghosting.

There are many red flags to look out for, but i think making excuses to avoid spending time with you is a major red flag.

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
err..leans across the table at breakfast and screams " b**** you're ruining my life!"?

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Making excuses to avoid spending time with you and instead going out with friends, ignoring text messages and phone calls, completely losing interest in you as a whole(they may say they don't have enough time, but how long does it really take to text someone back?), spending time chatting with other guy/girl friends instead of you, and ghosting.

There are many red flags to look out for, but i think making excuses to avoid spending time with you is a major red flag.
The worst thing you can do if you see red flags is ignore them no matter how small or insignificant and start putting up with them in the futile hope theyll "come around"......they dont and suddenly youre facing more red flags than a march in bejing. What it essentially means is that they dont respect you and when someone doesnt respect you, the worst thing YOU can do is be that arsed about it.You can either give them their opportunity to adjust their attitude, or let that person set their sights on lower quality individuals elsewhere wholl put with it.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The worst thing you can do if you see red flags is ignore them no matter how small or insignificant and start putting up with them in the futile hope theyll "come around"......they dont and suddenly youre facing more red flags than a march in bejing. What it essentially means is that they dont respect you and when someone doesnt respect you, the worst thing YOU can do is be that arsed about it.You can either give them their opportunity to adjust their attitude, or let that person set their sights on lower quality individuals elsewhere wholl put with it.
You have to consider your own energy, time and investment. Why waste your time on someone who blatantly is no longer interested? The signals are there, and it can be easy to ignore if you're really into the person. But it's like you mentioned. If you do that you won't be respected by them, and you lose respect for yourself.

Ingrid1965

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
They suddenly stop using your name but instead call you honey, darlin etc. Is this in case they slip up calling you by the wrong name?
Any other clues? (Not asking for a friend).
He lots here call me Honey :p

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
When your partner tells you ''I have cheated on you'', there is a tendency to ask ''with who?"

Resist it. Instead ask "with whom?". Speak good English, no matter the circumstances.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Lock their phone, never at home, so so many things but... I would have loved the french Poetry....lol
Hence you quote Chanson d’automne in your posts :)
Assuming it's not a D-Day reference.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Strange, my signature is a D-day reference. It was message transmitted by the BBC to the French underground telling them the invasion was about to begin...
Some threads could do with being hijacked, this isn't one of them, then again...

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Seriously though, if the person you are with does that, thats just fucked up . No one is innocent, yea Im talking to you. ............lol

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Starts wearing tasseled brogues with white socks, Sta Press, and a Fred Perry on a night out with the 'boys'.

Starts removing the dense foliage sprouting from his nose and ears every other day rather than once every few months.

Says he has gone off the Poundstretcher scent you pick up for him in town once in a blue moon and starts regularly splashing out on Clive Christian No 1.

Starts taking the dog out for a four-hour walk... every other night.

Returns home from a jog wearing different clothes.

;)

TheBabayaga

Reaction score
Is rather depressing innit..luckily as long as you dont take one another for granted and remember why you fell for the person in the 1st place...you truly can live happily ever after just like Shrek and Fiona from the Wizard of Oz.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The biggest giveaway for me was finding that the dashcam had been turned off, I mean why? Not only does it record picture but it also records sound, any conversation in the car is stored on the memory card. There is no legitimate reason to turn it off other that to hide where the car's been and who's been in it.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
This forum made me laugh . glad im shy and innocent

Back