Queen Camilla.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm very pleased for Charles, she is the love of his life. Here's to the future King Charles and his queen, long may they reign. :)

S

Saphire

I can't see her as anything other than the woman who caused so much misery to Diana. :(

But...she obviously, and always has been the love of Prince Charles life, the Queen has now accepted her and given her this honour when the time arrives.
It seems Harry 'loves' her, and William, puts up with her, probably because she makes his father happy.
Obviously Charles, who is, imo a weak and selfish man, didn't come out of the 'crowded marriage' with any honour at all.

Thankfully today, the royal family is far more forgiving, not expecting the males to marry girls as pure as the driven snow.
Had that been the case 50 years ago most of us would never have heard of Diana Spencer, and Charles and Camilla would have been married when they first fell in love.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Think back even further, to the 1930s, when Edward VIII was forced to abdicate because he wasn't allowed to marry the woman he loved. That man gave up a hell of lot for a woman. 'The female of the species is more deadlier than the male', how very true. :)

S

Saphire

Think back even further, to the 1930s, when Edward VIII was forced to abdicate because he wasn't allowed to marry the woman he loved. That man gave up a hell of lot for a woman. 'The female of the species is more deadlier than the male', how very true. :)
I see quite a lot of Harry and Meghan in Edward and Wallis Simpson, Meghan even looks like her imo.
Some of the Royal family never forgave Edward for abdicating, and seemingly not learning from the past, Princess Margaret was also 'persuaded' not to marry the man she loved.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I used to really like The Royal Family, so much so, that I have collected memorabilia over the years. Reality began to sink in, because of the way Princess Diana was treated. Yes I know she wasn't a saint, but she did not deserve the treatment she received from The Royal Family and others. Parker-Bowles and Charles contributed to Diana's mental turmoil.
I will never acknowledge the Woman as Queen Consort.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Does it have a good sound to it?

"Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is set to become "Queen Consort" when Prince Charles takes the throne one day,
Camilla will likely be commonly styled as Queen Camilla, just like Queen Elizabeth's mother was before the death of King George VI and she became known as "The Queen Mother."
I think the Royals as a whole are outdated. Once the Queen passes, i do think there should be a referendum on whether or not to keep the Royal Family, or to ditch it and turn Buckingham Palace into a public museum and tourist attraction.

S

Saphire

I used to really like The Royal Family, so much so, that I have collected memorabilia over the years. Reality began to sink in, because of the way Princess Diana was treated. Yes I know she wasn't a saint, but she did not deserve the treatment she received from The Royal Family and others. Parker-Bowles and Charles contributed to Diana's mental turmoil.
I will never acknowledge the Woman as Queen Consort.
Diana was just a young girl, she was treated very badly from the start.
I think had she been loved by her husband, she would have been a good wife, and in time, a very beloved queen.

scotsmum

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
time royalty was done away with as with dukes and lords all out dated and stole what they have from there past

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
And now, with internet romance keeping us up to date, it turns out that it's the 'email of the species being more deadly than the mail'.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I think had she been loved by her husband, she would have been a good wife, and in time, a very beloved queen.
She was treated shoddily by an institution stuck in the past. But I don't think the Queen or Prince Philip were totally heartless. It came to light that letters exist with Philip doing his best to help Diana. Rich coming from a man who everyone knows cheated on his wife. But the fact remains that Diana started having affairs herself, was hell bent on revenge. She was totally wrong for Charles. I don't think Charles would have cheated on Camilla if he'd been allowed to marry her back then. All the bullshit about not being able to marry a divorced woman? Well, it bit them all in the arse, including the Church.

S

Saphire

She was treated shoddily by an institution stuck in the past. But I don't think the Queen or Prince Philip were totally heartless. It came to light that letters exist with Philip doing his best to help Diana. Rich coming from a man who everyone knows cheated on his wife. But the fact remains that Diana started having affairs herself, was hell bent on revenge. She was totally wrong for Charles. I don't think Charles would have cheated on Camilla if he'd been allowed to marry her back then. All the bullshit about not being able to marry a divorced woman? Well, it bit them all in the arse, including the Church.
It seemed to be the accepted norm that royal males have always had a wife to provide the heirs and a mistress or two to provide the pleasure....pity no one told the young and naive Diana, who obviously thought she was marrying her Prince Charming.

No wonder she started looking round for a man to provide affection for her...a normal reaction I would think for a woman in her position, , especially when the majority of desirable men were hers for the picking.

Maybe if Charles had been allowed to marry Camilla when they were both young, and obviously suited, whether they had affairs or not, wouldn't have been an issue.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I believe Diana was chosen, just as Kate was. And as soon as they marry into the Family, they start reproducing offspring to keep the Royal bloodline alive. Meghan seemed to be the outcast. And i may not like Meghan, but i think a lot of what she was saying was true. Her and Harry couldn't get out of there fast enough, and that's saying something. Was it purely to do with allegations of racism? Possibly, but i think she saw what goes on in that system, and just wanted to leave asap.

S

Saphire

I believe Diana was chosen, just as Kate was. And as soon as they marry into the Family, they start reproducing offspring to keep the Royal bloodline alive. Meghan seemed to be the outcast. And i may not like Meghan, but i think a lot of what she was saying was true. Her and Harry couldn't get out of there fast enough, and that's saying something. Was it purely to do with allegations of racism? Possibly, but i think she saw what goes on in that system, and just wanted to leave asap.
Diana was definitely 'chosen'...too young and innocent to have a past, and strong and healthy with the right pedigree to breed royal heirs.
She did her job admirably, but wasn't prepared to be treated like other royal wives...so the outcome was inevitable, really.

Kate fits the bill too, she has the bonus of having a husband who appears to love and respect her, so they make a good team.

Harry obviously loves Meghan, sadly, she wasn't up to the job of always being second best, and her role was never going to be the top one,
The majority of people loved Meghan when she first appeared, not least because she made Harry so happy, and they were just a lovely couple.
She was the same colour then as she is now....which makes me think the majority of people who were eventually glad to see the back of them didn't even think about her colour or her background.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Meghan wasn't 'chosen', which is why the Royals were furious. I'm sure they also had someone lined up for Harry, but he was a bit of a character and drifted away from his Royal duties, which includes marrying and expanding the Royal bloodline.

PennyDreadful2

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The Daily Mail have been publishing a series of fawning articles over the last few weeks, about Camilla Parker-Bowles. I wonder what is behind this PR campaign to ingratiate her with the public?
The latest headline reads "She has won the public over magnificently."

No she hasn't.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think once the Queen at the Jubilee celebrations endorsed Charles and Camilla as her natural successor, criticisms of them have subsided somewhat. For myself, over the years I've warmed to Camilla.

L

LiveWales

I think once the Queen at the Jubilee celebrations endorsed Charles and Camilla as her natural successor, criticisms of them have subsided somewhat. For myself, over the years I've warmed to Camilla.
i agree its their time now:)

Back