Polyamory

W

WolfeSwitche

Polyamory.... "many loves"

I'm polyamorous, currently live with my soulmate who Grant's me the same freedom he has. We are both free to pursue other relationships.

It doesn't mean that we necessarily do, or that we are promiscuous, or swingers.
Or cheats.

Poly relationships aren't for everybody, there are several potential problems and insecurities but for some, like me, it works.

It isn't "sharing" or cheating. We practice radical honesty and it requires honest communication between everyone involved.

I appreciate that I think a little differently to "most" people but is polyamory really that unusual?

S

Saphire

I think what is unusual about it, is the fact you are honest with each other.
Far far better than masquerading as a faithful partner whilst on the look out for a quick fling, which I know many people do.

I couldn't live like that, I have been married for decades and I do value fidelity, but I honestly think, whatever works for a couple, as long as they are both agreeable, is the right way to be.

W

WolfeSwitche

I think what is unusual about it, is the fact you are honest with each other.
Far far better than masquerading as a faithful partner whilst on the look out for a quick fling, which I know many people do.

I couldn't live like that, I have been married for decades and I do value fidelity, but I honestly think, whatever works for a couple, as long as they are both agreeable, is the right way to be.
Took me decades, and a lot of mistakes, to realise that polyamory works for me.

I was married, we were toxic together, cheating, lying, the works. Now we've realised we are both poly things are how they should have been. We remain great friends and have moved forward.

My primary partner and I share something incredibly special, freedom. Freedom to live. Each other and others.

W

WolfeSwitche

Each to their own. It’s not a life I could consider but as long as you don’t force others to bed over backwards ( so to speak) to accommodate your lifestyle then I don’t see a problem, for anyone.
Never really thought it would suit me tbh. I was raised "no sex before marriage" kinda mentality. Maybe I'm having a mid life crisis and rebelling?
Maybe I'm just too fickle.

I adore my partner... I'm free to love others too, that's all. That said, at the moment I'm only having a relationship with him. Just because I can form other relationships doesnt mean I have to. One (mono) is part of many.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Never really thought it would suit me tbh. I was raised "no sex before marriage" kinda mentality. Maybe I'm having a mid life crisis and rebelling?
Maybe I'm just too fickle.

I adore my partner... I'm free to love others too, that's all. That said, at the moment I'm only having a relationship with him. Just because I can form other relationships doesnt mean I have to. One (mono) is part of many.
And to think that you call me a "creepy old man" ffs. I wonder what others call your current partner ?:)

Is the word "love" ever mentioned when you are with your partner ? If so how about when you are with other partners ?

Btw ,i don`t say open marriages work or don`t work .

Plus do your "other" partners have partners also or are you the slave to all partners ?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Would you believe that this is the same person posting on 2 different threads ? I don`t know what to think !

"Planning on something low key. My partner is disabled and has chronic heart failure so we have to be careful of infections such as influenza and, yes, covid.

"
I was married, we were toxic together, cheating, lying, the works. Now we've realised we are both poly things are how they should have been. We remain great friends and have moved forward.

My primary partner and I share something incredibly special, freedom. Freedom to live. Each other and others."

--------------------------------------------------------------
I can see why the person needs more than one partner .hmmm .

W

WolfeSwitche

And to think that you call me a "creepy old man" ffs. I wonder what others call your current partner ?:)

Is the word "love" ever mentioned when you are with your partner ? If so how about when you are with other partners ?

Btw ,i don`t say open marriages work or don`t work .

Plus do your "other" partners have partners also or are you the slave to all partners ?
Polyamory.... many LOVES.

So yes, love is mentioned.

I currently don't have any other partners but if/when I do love plays a part. I'm a sapiosexual so tbf don't connect on that level with many.

I'm not a slave to ANY of my partners. It's an equal dynamic.
D/s is different to Master/slave and I don't live the lifestyle. I'm just into bdsm when I play sometimes.

Is love mentioned with your wife?

Oh, and people refer to my partner as Wolfe. Old? Yes. He's died twice.
Would you believe that this is the same person posting on 2 different threads ? I don`t know what to think !

"Planning on something low key. My partner is disabled and has chronic heart failure so we have to be careful of infections such as influenza and, yes, covid.

"

My primary partner and I share something incredibly special, freedom. Freedom to live. Each other and others."

--------------------------------------------------------------
I can see why the person needs more than one partner .hmmm .
That's the problem. You don't see.

I actually only have one partner at the moment. If youd read posts properly youd see that but, no, you just see what you want to see.

My partner knows I'm on here, reads a lot that's posted. No secrets. Can you say the same?

S

Saphire

I currently don't have any other partners but if/when I do love plays a part. I'm a sapiosexual so tbf don't connect on that level with many.

D/s is different to Master/slave and I don't live the lifestyle. I'm just into bdsm when I play sometimes.

I actually only have one partner at the moment. If youd read posts properly youd see that but, no, you just see what you want to see.

My partner knows I'm on here, reads a lot that's posted. No secrets. Can you say the same?
That's a great way to be. :cool:
I often show my OH what's been said on forums too.We have a laugh at some of the idiots, and share some of the nicer posts.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score

Love is usually mentioned a lot with any good partnership /marrage /
My wife isn`t interested in seeing who i chat to when i`m in a chatroom and i`m not that interested in TV now .

of course you got the usual "like " from the usual fart but then he don`t have a partner eh ?.

Back