Philosophical Question: REALITY: Does it exist?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Quotes from you from other posts:

"We can no more understand the wind, than we can the workings of the brain.
We cannot comprehend the complexity of our own psychology with the very brain we are meant to be studying."

"Just because we do not understand a thing, should not mean we discount it."

"Science is just as much a religion as any other, it is based on what one see's, which is as illusionary as what one believes."

Our brains are still enigmas to the researchers- both psychological and neurological, thus, despite looking at how information passes from one part of the brain to the other may well be somewhat understood, memory and why we remember what we remember is still a complex phenomenon, riddled with theories. I frequently do dementia courses and take workshops on the effect of trauma on the brain & memory and from what II recall, there has been a number of studies which included looking at the 'memory centres' in the brain; the amygdala being active in memories of the past, the frontal lobe being active in working memory- planning, imagined future events, etc.
We have a bare understanding of what goes on in our brains and still don't know what the majority of it does. There are theories that dedicate a lot of matter to memory and the transference and storage of memory, but others pinpoint epicentres.

Funny how an illustrated network of neuronal movement looks very similar to a universe. And how much do we know about that?!?
View attachment 14160

As a footnote, one would be advised not to defend a cult with the last statement and then use the absence of 'science' in response to a factor related to a theory akin to theism. It stinks a little of constantly singling out my views for critic, especially seeing as you contradict yourself. If I was being really analytical, I could think that it's because I'm female and the cult leader is not. And we all know bro's stick tight ;)
Alas, this is not the first time! :rolleyes:

Thank you for making my point.

The difference between the atomic, the sub atomic, the physical, the empathic, the quantum or the galactic.
It's all about perception, or with religion, activism for a cause or science today.
Its simply money.

The simplest example for me is Astrology.

Tis funny, how can one divide people into 12 star signs, yet I am a Scorpio with a touch of Libra, born on a cusp.
Pretty accurate to my personality.
My best mate is a pure Scorpio and is exactly what he should be according to the "Signs"

Most of the people I know are accurate to a simple 12 point personality trait eqaution, yet horoscopes are silly.

Science has always been about proving ideas are wrong, not that they are right.
Otherwise what is the point if we all settle on what we can prove "Now"

"The science is in, we know".. really lol

That is why I dislike religion, it is dogmatic, stable, not looking to the future.
Modern science seems to be falling into that in some areas.
I mean really, quantum gravity theory has been around for decades and they still cant produce a single reason why.

As a footnote, one would be advised not to defend a cult with the last statement and then use the absence of 'science' in response to a factor related to a theory akin to theism. It stinks a little of constantly singling out my views for critic, especially seeing as you contradict yourself. If I was being really analytical, I could think that it's because I'm female and the cult leader is not

I would love you to tell me what I said that makes you think that.

cidal

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The majority of the 'love' is for the song- it's such a bloody good song!
The majority of the love is cos so many of you know I know the answer to it all. Look how we have convinced each other our drivel matters. The stuff debated here sometimes is batshit insane. Watch - debate this for 18 years and at the end of it, no one is any different....like me, you wanted to have a say on the internet about something and think you have a valid point. Yay.

I got to share my amazing wisdom cos well... look at me, I'm THE genius I think I am. If a genius talks sh** on a message board and 100 other geniuses are not there to read his bullshit..that's right.

Et tu, Irish? Drink up and win. What matters is when a *** is a *** and someone hears it or does not hear it, they know it and speak up. Whether AI made it so, or whether someone's hand is up your backside making you move, no one knows or will ever know in our life time. So debating this does involve your anus and rectum, I have enjoyed using mine to type. It was difficult but I managed.

And of course..

Back