Patriot less keen on war with hard opponent Russia.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
Online keyboard warriors are markedly less enthusiastic about war with an opponent that started it and is hard as nails, it has emerged.

The UK, which was all over invading Iraq and bombing Afghanistan, is nowhere near as eager to get into armed conflict with the world’s fifth-largest army and all its tanks and guns.

Dave Pile, aged 59, who is usually hawkish in any conflict, said: “Iraq, well that was a war for justice. Afghanistan? Something had to be done about Osama Bin-Laden. Ukraine? Is it really our business?

“It’s not that I’m afraid of Russia. No way. It’s just that, well, they’ve got a bit of a reputation haven’t they? Stalingrad and all that. The Red Army advancing across Europe and staying in most of it for 40 years.

“Saddam Hussain was a bad man and all, but you could take the piss. Nobody takes the piss out of Putin. He poisoned the whole of Salisbury and we were just like ‘well don’t do it again’.

“There’s most of a continent between Russia and us. They own our newspapers, banks and football clubs. Obviously Britain can beat anyone when our dander’s up, but I’m just saying you choose your fights.

“How about we let Russia have this one and we keep our powder dry for if Morocco threatens Gibraltar? That’s more our kind of war.”

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I must admit I'm very disappointed in our leader Boris following in the footsteps of Thatcher, Blair and Cameron, by waging war for their own ends...Ukraine's problems, like Afghanistan and Iraq is nothing to do with this country. Even the Falklands could have been resolved diplomatically, if the will to do so had been there... :rolleyes:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Our life may very well flash before our eyes when we are on the brink of death, according to the first recording of a dying brain.

Brain scan - comotion_design
© comotion_design Brain scan - comotion_design
The discovery was made when a patient died while having their brain activity monitored by experts. Electrodes detected an uptick in activity linked to memory recall and dreaming.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I must admit I'm very disappointed in our leader Boris following in the footsteps of Thatcher, Blair and Cameron, by waging war for their own ends...Ukraine's problems, like Afghanistan and Iraq is nothing to do with this country. Even the Falklands could have been resolved diplomatically, if the will to do so had been there... :rolleyes:

Ever heard of Operation Keelhaul?

Then wonder why the Russian people don't trust the UK and the USA?

Ever heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Then wonder why Russia acts to prevent a country joining the EU or NATO on it's doorstep?

Oh the irony.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Those words were said by Boris Johnsons apparent hero, Winston Churchill.

Kant said :-
"Whatever concept one may hold, from a metaphysical point of view, concerning the freedom of the will, certainly its appearances, which are human actions, like every other natural event, are determined by universal laws. However obscure their causes, history, which is concerned with narrating these appearances, permits us to hope that if we attend to the play of freedom of the human will in the large, we may be able to discern a regular movement in it, and that what seems complex and chaotic in the single individual may be seen from the standpoint of the human race as a whole to be a steady and progressive though slow evolution of its original endowment."

History is cyclic and tends to repeat, the time frame of it fluctuates based on ideology.
The West is quick, it is busy, it changes rapidly, as does it's goals and agendas.
The East takes it's time, as with Maskirovka, with the slow undermining of its enemies from within.
The Far East believes in the cyclic nature without action, that thier dynasties will rise again simply given time as those "Lesser" civilisations fall to thier own greed and deprivation.

Until one understands the psychology and philosophy of the world one cannot understand why actions are taken.
There is reasoning behind the actions in the Ukraine leaders in the West dont comprehend, simply because they look at short term ideals.

They are elected for only a few years.

Once people realise the East has vision beyond the short term, then one can understand thier actions.

*edit for spelling, the irony, I missed the y in psychology.

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ever heard of Operation Keelhaul?

Then wonder why the Russian people don't trust the UK and the USA?
Have YOU heard of the Budapest memorandum? In return for Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons we agreed to 'protect' them, knowing we could never honour our word... Ukraine are claiming 6000 Russian troops killed :rolleyes: but Isn't truth the first casualty of war? They are now asking for immediate membership of the E.U. They are also angling to join NATO. I suspect this is what it's all about. There's more to this conflict than we're being told, and only getting one side of the story... as per. :rolleyes:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Have YOU heard of the Budapest memorandum? In return for Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons we agreed to 'protect' them, knowing we could never honour our word... Ukraine are claiming 6000 Russian troops killed :rolleyes: but Isn't truth the first casualty of war? They are now asking for immediate membership of the E.U. They are also angling to join NATO. I suspect this is what it's all about. There's more to this conflict than we're being told, and only getting one side of the story... as per. :rolleyes:

Right now I very much doubt there are 6000 Russian troops in the Ukraine.
They seem to be using targetted air strikes and depending on internal pro Russian actors.

I think the air war is real, but the ground war, debatable.

How much footage have we seen of Russian ground troops and Ukrainian ground troops in combat?

We havent, which is strange.
The Ukrainians would publish any footage they have to show how they are defending against the "Invasion".

When theres no on the ground footage, I start wondering why.

As for the Budapest Memorandum :-

"The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defense or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations."

Except that Ukraine is in breach of UN resolution 2202, which orderd Ukraine to accept Minsk 1 and 2 and ensure the protection of the Donbas reagion, which they have not.

As was said in the European Parliament :-

"having regard to UN Security Council resolution 2202, which called on all parties to fully implement the ‘Package of Measures for the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements’, adopted on 12 February 2015 in Minsk, Belarus, as the way to find solutions for the conflict in eastern regions of Ukraine,"

So under the Budapest Memorandum, Ukraine was in breach of UN resolutions and is also ignoring an EU Parliamentary request to follow the Charters resolutions.

Hence that memorandum has not been breached and legally Russia is taking action to support the UN Charter.

It's a legal and geo-political cluster****.

Edit for error in Resolution 2022 it's 2202.
Also, may add, that the USA and the UK financed the coup in Ukraine in 2014 and have been supplying weapons and training to the Ukrainian government forces to use against the Russian seperatists in the Donbas region.
Which is in breach of the Budapest Memorandum "none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine."
So yet again, it's us sticking our noses into something we have no right to morally, ethically or under international law and UN resolution, legally.

Yet Whales yaps on about biolabs and uses Snopes as a source.

Whales, when are you ever going to have an opinion of your own, stop just copy pasting.
Make you look like an NPC meme.. "I support the current, thing"

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

There are no US-run biolabs in Ukraine, contrary to social media posts

Ukraine, US Biolabs, and an Ongoing Russian Disinformation Campaign​

In an attempt to justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine, propagandists claimed the attack was focused on secret U.S. biolabs there.​

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has brought false claims on social media that Russian President Vladimir Putin is targeting U.S.-run biological weapons labs in his neighbouring country.

False claims from Russia alleging bioweapon use by the U.S. aren’t new, and allegations of a network of such labs along Russia’s border were shared in state-run media in the weeks before the invasion.

A Twitter user by the handle @WarClandestine spread a story on Feb. 24 that Russia was targeting the sites of U.S.-run biolabs when it began invading Ukraine. That account was quickly suspended by Twitter, but others shared the post and began using the hashtag #USbiolabs to spread the false claim.

There are no U.S. military-run labs in Ukraine, said Andy Weber, a member of the Arms Control Association Board of Directors and a former assistant secretary of defence for nuclear, chemical, and biological defence programs.

"Rather, the U.S. Department of Defence Cooperative Threat Reduction Program has provided technical support to the Ukrainian Ministry of Health since 2005 to improve public health laboratories, whose mission is analogous to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention," Weber told PolitiFact.

"These laboratories have recently played an important role in stopping the spread of COVID-19," he added.

The Cooperative Threat Reduction Program began after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991 to reduce the threat of existing weapons of mass destruction. It is also known as the Nunn-Lugar Program (named after the senators who passed the Soviet Threat Reduction Act) and is housed within the Defence Department’s Defence Threat Reduction Agency, according to the Center for Arms Control and Non-proliferation.

False allegations about biolabs, though, are so prevalent that the Defence Threat Reduction Agency released a video on Jan. 11 to counter them and explain what the Cooperative Threat Reduction Program does. In it, Chris Park, a State Department official, spoke at the United Nations to respond to allegations from China and Russia about "suspicious activity" at laboratories in the region. He called the claims "pure disinformation."

Park said the program "works to build capacity around the world to detect, prevent and mitigate infectious disease."

The Biological Threat Reduction Program, according to the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, "works with partner countries to counter the threat of outbreaks (intentional, accidental or natural) of the world's most dangerous infectious diseases."

According to the Atlantic Council, a think tank, Russian propagandists have long spread propaganda in Ukraine, including claims that these labs are experimenting on unsuspecting citizens.

Snopes fact-checkers reported that this most recent claim is false.

Similar claims were made against Georgia’s Lugar Center for Public Health Research in 2018, according to the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists. Last year, Russia and China began spreading the false claim that the U.S. has biolabs along each of their borders, insinuating that America is responsible for unleashing COVID-19, the Daily Beast reported.

"There has been a Soviet-style disinformation campaign promoting such lies for over a decade," Weber said. "It harkens back to the Soviet KGB ‘Operation Infection’ disinformation campaign to spread the total fabrication that HIV/AIDS originated in a U.S. military lab."

Sources

Center for Arms Control and Non-proliferation, "Fact Sheet: The Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program," June 2014

Department of Defence Defence Threat Reduction Agency, "The U.S. Government responds to false allegations targeted at the DoD CTR Program," Jan. 11, 2022

Department of Defence Defence Threat Reduction Agency, "Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Budget Estimates Operation and Maintenance, Defense-Wide Cooperative Threat Reduction Program," Feb. 2020

United States Embassy in Ukraine, "Biological Threat Reduction Program"

United States Embassy in Ukraine, YouTube, "Biological Threat Reduction Program: Ukraine, Caucasus and Central Asia," Jan. 14, 2020

Chicago Tribune, "U.S., Ukraine sign pact on germ threat," Aug. 30, 2005

State Department, "Agreement between the United States of America and Ukraine," Aug. 29, 2005

U.S. Congress, "Soviet Threat Reduction Act of 1991"

Coda, "Does the US Have A Secret Germ Warfare Lab on Russia’s Doorstep?" April 19, 2018

The Atlantic Council, "Pro-Kremlin propaganda in Ukraine changes tone," June 10, 2021

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, "Russian media spreading disinformation about US bioweapons as troops mass near Ukraine," Feb. 8, 2022

The Non-proliferation Review, "False allegations of biological-weapons use from Putin’s Russia," Oct. 12, 2021

Newsweek, "Vladimir Putin's Adviser Says U.S. Is Developing Biological Weapons Near Russia," April 4, 2021

Daily Beast, "Russia, China Team Up to Peddle Insane U.S. COVID Lab Theory," April 9, 2021

Military Health System, "Biological Threat Reduction Program"

Kyiv Post, "SBU: No US biological laboratories in Ukraine," May 8, 2020

SamBally

Reaction score
There are no US-run biolabs in Ukraine, contrary to social media posts

Of course, there isn't. Only the resident lunatic and his cretinous cohorts thought otherwise.

100% of what he types is grade-A bullshit.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
"There are no US-run biolabs in Ukraine, contrary to social media posts"

It`s probably yet more Conspiracy blabber but early when i read about the Covid 19 thing there was an article in some news which said that the lab in Luane(?), China, where the original Virus was supposed to have came from ,was built and funded by America
This may not be true ,as i said ,but how does a layperson find the REAL truth ?

SamBally

Reaction score
how does a layperson find the REAL truth ?

Shame we can't post links in here.

Google Guardian and "Coronavirus came from Wuhan market and not Chinese lab, twin studies say."

Which reports on two major studies from international scientists, one of whom reached the conclusion Covid-19 originated in "a market in Wuhan."

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Shame we can't post links in here.

Google Guardian and "Coronavirus came from Wuhan market and not Chinese lab, twin studies say."

Which reports on two major studies from international scientists, one of whom reached the conclusion Covid-19 originated in "a market in Wuhan."
I read that story too :). Which one do i believe though ? None of them seem able to subsantiate their claims.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Video as proof. Of course!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I've always been ready...Within the UK law. ;)

Ready012.jpg

Back