Our leader Boris

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But it's like death by a thousand cuts... Normally, if you survive a no confidence vote, another one can't be held until a year has passed. They're
already suggesting that the rule be changed, so that a vote could be held every three months. :rolleyes: The great British public voted our leader Boris in, but disgruntled MP's can vote him out? :eek:

It was well timed.
Now he can lose the two by-elections due soon and still stay in power for at least a year.
If they wanted rid of him, they should have waited.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hurrah! Our leader Boris has survived! I'm only surprised they haven't already called for a second referendum no confidence vote. :rolleyes:

S

Saphire

Hurrah! Our leader Boris has survived! I'm only surprised they haven't already called for a second referendum no confidence vote. :rolleyes:
Thatcher and May survived the No confidence vote, they were both gone soon after.
I think Boris is made of sterner stuff, but he is in a very unenviable position now...it's bad enough having your enemies in the opposition, he is surrounded by them.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'd appreciate our leader Boris spending less time in Ukraine, and a bit more on attending to this country's problems. He was supposed to be
addressing northern MP's in Doncaster. A walkabout in Kiev was clearly more appealing...

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Our leader Boris had a minor operation this morning, and no, it wasn't a vasectomy! So don't even go there. :)

S

Saphire

The chancellor and health secretary have resigned from government, saying they no longer have confidence in Boris Johnson to lead the country.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak said the public expected government to be conducted "properly, competently and seriously".
Health Secretary Sajid Javid echoed this, saying the government was not "acting in the national interest".
The resignations came minutes after the PM apologised for appointing MP Chris Pincher to a government role.

Back