New Chat Feedback

Firefly

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
So just logged into the new chat. Very fancy! Well done guys. I think it will take a little getting used to, but it seems to have a very user-friendly feel to it.
Lovely things: the embedded photos...wow that has potential...although I think there will need to be more effort on us users' part to agree that unsolicited pictures are a bit awkward... (edit: found the collapse settings :) all good in the hood)

Speaking of awkward...Few awkward things: so many icons to choose from, but the standard : ) doesn't turn into a smiley...nor does ; )...and just a simple smile requires typing : slightly_...and then selecting the second icon to appear...that is a lot more work than : )...and no : devil :...there is and imp...but well (beggars can't be choosers right? I know)

The need to scroll down to keep up with conversations longer than a page (especially when a picture has been shared)...why? why can't it just feed up from the bottom...

Finally, more than a little disappointed with the colour scheme. The green-blue thing before was so calming and playful...rose is just kind of...ik. Looks a bit like dried blood.

Well if I notice other things I'll be back.

Last edited:

Firefly

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh but the new forum is stunning! Love the profile features too! So exciting!

Firefly

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
One other thing about chat: it seems slow?
Like switching between rooms, or between private conversations is slow. Sort of taking long enough that I doubt I have clicked close or clicked to switch.
(is this a connectivity thing my end? could be...)

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I too find the lag going from pm back to the room very slow!...would like the choice of more colours, but all in all, i think it is good.

W

Wren

And now nothing? Not even repetitive questions

Not so good for chatters who actually enjoyed repetitive play

Why can't we just have a new set of questions for trivia
And have it reopened....?

Just Asking

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
And now nothing? Not even repetitive questions

Not so good for chatters who actually enjoyed repetitive play

Why can't we just have a new set of questions for trivia
And have it reopened....?

Just Asking
I am somewhat bemused by you imploring the restitution of Trivia, or something similar.
I actually never, ever, witnessed you participating in the quizzes.
Or do you, perhaps, think it is the best way to 'meet new friends'?
:rolleyes:

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Is there a way that when someone puts a pic in the main room its not already open?, cos the dick pics have started!

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I am somewhat bemused by you imploring the restitution of Trivia, or something similar.
I have seen Wren participating in Trivia, maybe its just when you are there?

Bring back Trivia please .....

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way that when someone puts a pic in the main room its not already open?, cos the dick pics have started!
I believe there’s an option for this in preferences, but I’ll go look when I log on and let you know x

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trivia had become old and the questions too well known, so for now there will be no Trivia Room. The site owners and developers will be looking at something in the future, but for now there are much more pressing issues. Please be patient.

Last edited:

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Trivia had become old and the questions too well known, so for now there will be no Trivia Room. The site owners and developers will be looking at soething in the future, but for now there are much more pressing issues. Please be patient.
That's a shame, it was a trivia room but also a quieter chat room with no cliques was rather nice lol.

W

Wren

WP my beak was made to tweet
FYI sweet cheeks I was position 15th ... 14th for along time...... (typo-queeen)
Any position was fine
I was aiming for top ten , with consistent play

Participant in quizzes? WP life is one big quizzzzzz especially when gardens have this.

Attachments

• IMG_20210418_101038.jpg
    IMG_20210418_101038.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
W

Wren

I have seen Wren participating in Trivia, maybe its just when you are there?

Bring back Trivia please .....
Thank you Clarity
Yes,...shrills with WP entering but he moans the questions are too

Suggestion only two trivia rooms one easy one hard
And third would be super for speed players ...them who want each full stop

W

Wren

Trivia had become old and the questions too well known, so for now there will be no Trivia Room. The site owners and developers will be looking at something in the future, but for now there are much more pressing issues. Please be patient.
Pressing issues

Heehe too much at this
Plugs in iron
Nothing better to do ;)
Patient is like holding the string ball and dropping it eventually......but never the same

Luck has it seasons giving

Back