Moderated Rooms, is there a real need?

Do chatters like having mods in all the rooms?

• I like moderated chat and it makes me feel safe.

• I'd prefer a mod that knows the room to stay and join in.

• I'd like to be able to call a mod when required.

• I prefer unmoderated chat, only coming in when required

• No mods please. i like free speech

• I really dont care if the chat is moded or not

Results are only viewable after voting.

crusti

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hi.

Im holding a public vote about all the rooms being moderated.
Personaly I'm not against mods, some are great chatters but do feel abit nannied when theres several in a room at once when theres no call for it.

Some chatters have given me thier opinions already wich is why im doing this poll.

Please vote, it doesnt matter how you vote as long as you do.
You dont have to comment but you can if you wish, its a free forum.

You will only see how the vote is going once you have voted and you can change your vote at any time.

Last edited:

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hi.

Personaly I'm not against mods, some are great chatters but do feel abit nannied when theres several in a room at once when theres no call for it.

Some chatters have given me thier opinions already wich is why im doing this poll.

You will only see how the votew is going once you have voted and you can change your vote at any time.

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I vote for mods to come only when needed,, dont need em sitting there permanently

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have only ever been on sites where mods and admins are available if needed but all rooms have hosts to help, meet and greet roomies.
An idea to think about?

Last edited:

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hi.

You will only see how the vote is going once you have voted and you can change your vote at any time.

J

JustinCredible

I voted for
I'd prefer a mod that knows the room to stay and join in.
I don't want to constantly have to watch what i'm saying for fear a new mod might misinterpret me. You get used to the same mods and after a while they get used to you...hopefully.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I don't mind mods but they need to be trained properly
and I agree with Justin (shock horror )
if mods just sit back some days and not jump on people they don't like it might be a better place

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I don't mind mods but they need to be trained properly
and I agree with Justin (shock horror )
if mods just sit back some days and not jump on people they don't like it might be a better place
words you need to go to the top to actually vote

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I voted for
I'd prefer a mod that knows the room to stay and join in.
I don't want to constantly have to watch what i'm saying for fear a new mod might misinterpret me. You get used to the same mods and after a while they get used to you...hopefully.

sort of agree with ya. if mod needs permo basis in scots room they need to be at least scottish for the lingo ya ken whit a mean. and naw a dinnae want the job lol

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Midget I could be mod in Scotland room wouldt understand anything you lot be talking about
Room will flow no bans or kicking and free ice-creams to everyone

crusti

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'm not Scottish but understood every word :)

One of the best mods I've come across is Ange52. Very fair, always welcoming, even to known numpties, and let chat flow. Only ever intervening when necessary.

There is certainly never any need for 4 mods in a room!

4 Mods in one room is a bit overkill.
Ange52 was one of the nicest chatters ive come across, Its a shame she isnt a mod anymore as she had lots of respect from allsorts of chatters.
Now ironically shes banned, some say for life.

ange52

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
4 Mods in one room is a bit overkill.
Ange52 was one of the nicest chatters ive come across, Its a shame she isnt a mod anymore as she had lots of respect from allsorts of chatters.
Now ironically shes banned, some say for life.
Thank you for that Crusti x

Reaction score
I've seen some rooms without mods on other sites and those rooms weren't nice but at the same time you don't want your mate getting booted for jokingly calling you something offensive. I suppose mods have or want to chat too, can't say having 4 mods in a room is wrong but if they all follow different rules like some have said then the room would end up like some kind of lotto concerning who's going to get banned next. The next game would be finding who banned you and why.

Last edited:

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Why does everyone refer to mods banning..........it is so childish really. Most peeps just talk crip and there is nothing wrong with that, thats how chat room first started in early 2000. In my opinion its best to have a room which contains the moderators and where people can go and ask them to intervene if they feel threatened.

jefffs

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
lol
sort of agree with ya. if mod needs permo basis in scots room they need to be at least scottish for the lingo ya ken whit a mean. and naw a dinnae want the job lol
Gems . love it xx

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
At least you still on here Ange.... hurry and come back to rooms will ya! :)

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Yes since you left teas been rubbish :)

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Has she been demoted to tea lady too?

Back