Moderated Rooms, is there a real need?

Do chatters like having mods in all the rooms?

• I like moderated chat and it makes me feel safe.

• I'd prefer a mod that knows the room to stay and join in.

• I'd like to be able to call a mod when required.

• I prefer unmoderated chat, only coming in when required

• No mods please. i like free speech

• I really dont care if the chat is moded or not

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I aint a moron and anyhow u havent read it properly, most are saying mods should appear when needed, not, not at all.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I was looking inside your brain jude I stole your idea

My brain is chess orientated most of the time........so if you could give me a few tips on how to beat the virtual grand masters I would be most grateful.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Considerable time eh?...... Then how can u be a newbie?

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I am going by your name thingy.............it says UKchat Newbie. Wat 2 u talking about then?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Moderators are definitely needed. I've made reports to Mod's about some very disturbing chat the past few days concerning a lot of chatters, and to their credit, they have dealt with those concerns very swiftly when notified. I think the Moderators do get a lot of unfair criticism. Remember, they are still human like us, and yes, mistakes will be made. But, mistake can also be rectified too.
I feel safer when Moderators around, and i know there will be those who say that this is just a chat site and it's not real. That may be true, but i would prefer a safer and moderated chat that we can all enjoy. So i do appreciate the Moderators and fully support them to continue their valuable work.
These are men and women who take time to volunteer to keep us as safe as possible online remember. And there may very well be a point where the Moderators will think whether or not this is worth the abuse or not.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Wojcik.... if u feel the need to have a minder then fair enough there are moderated rooms available but most chatters dont want to be molly- cuddled when they are in chat rooms they just wanna have a laugh. I am not here to upset or defame anyone regardless of what u think. I feel safe at all times and give as good as I get.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Wojcik.... if u feel the need to have a minder then fair enough there are moderated rooms available but most chatters dont want to be molly- cuddled when they are in chat rooms they just wanna have a laugh. I am not here to upset or defame anyone regardless of what u think. I feel safe at all times and give as good as I get.

I would like to feel as though not only I, but other chatters are safe when using this website. It's not about just you or me Jude. This is about everyone and who uses this chat site. I don't appreciate the condescending tone either when you use the word "minder" because of my support of moderators in the chat room. It's a shame we can't have a respectful debate without(what i feel anyway) as a sly dig.
I've mentioned on my previous post why i think Moderators are needed, and i think many will agree when i explain this briefly. It won't be in great detail mentioning any names, but there was a quite serious incident that happened a few days prior in the Lobby.
A chatter decided to joke about having urges towards minors but had not acted upon them yet. A lot of people in Lobby, especially mothers, were understandably appalled by this kind of chat. And all credit to the Moderators. Once it was reported, that person was removed in minutes and banned from this website. And apparently it was a joke, but who jokes about things like that? Surely there is a line you don't cross.
This is why i think the rooms should be moderated. Are we to turn a blind eye to this type of behaviour? Or are we to act as a community and help the Moderators out by reporting injustices like this. Without Moderators, there would be utter chaos.

Last edited:

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Errr not true............in fact us adults can defuse a situation when it occurs, most of us anyway. I you need help then best stay in rooms where there are mods.... but please dont think these peeps who behave like that will be deterred becos of a moderator. They wont and just return with a new name and ip and give as bad as they did if not worse.

B

Beemovie

Errr not true............in fact us adults can defuse a situation when it occurs, most of us anyway. I you need help then best stay in rooms where there are mods.... but please dont think these peeps who behave like that will be deterred becos of a moderator. They wont and just return with a new name and ip and give as bad as they did if not worse.
Jude.
I think Wojcik speaks with maturity and common sense on this matter. The only difference as i see it in rooms that are moderated is that you can not use foul and abusive language or sexually goad a female. You are allowed to have a laugh and those of us who can type without a swear word every sentence manage to do so frequently. To have to chat inter-dispersed with swearing all the time is tiresome and drags the tone down. Another advantage is that women feel safer because there are fewer sexual attacks on them and much less sexual innuendo so how can that not be a good thing? Moderators do a great job on the whole so instead of trying to stand up for those who like to swear their head off, shock the room, constantly goad women for sex or dirty chat or abuse others, you might like to think about how lucky we are to have people willing to take the back stabbing you dish out in here and still protect you where required in the rooms.
Think on

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Gosh these so called adults can half bang in about how how mature they are and not needing babysitting.

I think some people are just sh*t stiring on forum.

And as for other chat sites if they so great why are users here.

bairy

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Perhaps they have never been subject to abuse from the Jareds, Perths and Pazazus of this world

Jared has attempted to intimidate / bully / abuse me. The problem with the old banning is they simply come back, and that's actually worse than leaving them alone.
Say Jared comes in and you know it's him. Everyone blocks him (in theory), job done. Sure he'll work it out, but it'll take a while.
But if he gets banned then he comes back almost immediately with a new username and you have to block him over and over again. This is more irritating for his victims than it is for him. He once came in and boasted that he likes getting banned because it means he's automatically unignored by everyone on a new name.

So once again I defer to my previous statement that mods only make things worse. If people simply used the ignore function more readily then there would be no need for mods.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Wish we could block his ip saves time

bairy

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
There are thousands of VPN addresses, many of them free. IP blocks are as useless as username blocks.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
True but I thought this site wont let you on using vpn

J

JustinCredible

You can't use a VPN to access this site..put a block on the computer of any offending chatter . . .

Back