Moderated Rooms, is there a real need?

Do chatters like having mods in all the rooms?

• I like moderated chat and it makes me feel safe.

• I'd prefer a mod that knows the room to stay and join in.

• I'd like to be able to call a mod when required.

• I prefer unmoderated chat, only coming in when required

• No mods please. i like free speech

• I really dont care if the chat is moded or not

Results are only viewable after voting.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
XXdorisxx why I never want to be a mod thankless task ..
ps your the best whisper on chat don't tell anyone they will get jealous

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off bee.... go back and make another b movie and stop buzzzing round me!

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
He got banned on old ukcb site for being a pest

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I will leave you in charge Jude been a long day need my beauty sleep :)

dragongirl

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
i'm not going to vote, cos I have made my views clear in the chat room. I dont mind mods, they are there for a reason. The illogical thing is having more than 2 mods on status at once. 4 or 5 at the top of the user list can be intimidating to say the least. A power bank of mods is totally unnecessary.

bairy

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
imagine how nasty room would get with out some one to stop the rubbish

No need to imagine. Just visit 20s/lobby/the comments in any big youtube video. People desperately trying to "I'm better than you" each other.

People argue with each other over nothing, groups are formed. Then a moderator comes in and tries to do something and the first-warned group turns on the mods because they disagree with their interpretation of the rules.

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
No need to imagine. Just visit 20s/lobby/the comments in any big youtube video. People desperately trying to "I'm better than you" each other.

People argue with each other over nothing, groups are formed. Then a moderator comes in and tries to do something and the first-warned group turns on the mods because they disagree with their interpretation of the rules.
Iv seen mods in that havent stopped any noncence, i was verbally attack and the MOD did sod all

Hollie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have dealt with several attacks on you, and on more than one occasion made a public statement in room, to correct the negativity that had been said about you.

In fact, I have in the last several months, placed quite a few actions on people who have been abusive to you. Just because you cannot see what a mod does, does not mean nothing has been done.

A mods name showing at the top of the room, doesn't mean they glued to the screen...a vital part of the day is having a coffee and we do need to pee you know! It's generally that perfect timing when you sitting elsewhere that something erupts in a room and it is not always seen at the time (hence one reason for having two or more mods in a room especially in the busy rooms) and by the time one has returned, the perpetrator has already left

And just to make one small point, IF you have been attacked and nothing was done, that is one perfect example of WHY we need MORE mods, not less or none, so your's and other chatters grievances are reduced. (there are more but that's a different area)

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I have dealt with several attacks on you, and on more than one occasion made a public statement in room, to correct the negativity that had been said about you.

In fact, I have in the last several months, placed quite a few actions on people who have been abusive to you. Just because you cannot see what a mod does, does not mean nothing has been done.

A mods name showing at the top of the room, doesn't mean they glued to the screen...a vital part of the day is having a coffee and we do need to pee you know! It's generally that perfect timing when you sitting elsewhere that something erupts in a room and it is not always seen at the time (hence one reason for having two or more mods in a room especially in the busy rooms) and by the time one has returned, the perpetrator has already left

And just to make one small point, IF you have been attacked and nothing was done, that is one perfect example of WHY we need MORE mods, not less or none, so your's and other chatters grievances are reduced. (there are more but that's a different area)
again you

Again Hollie you havent told the truth,, Iv complained in room once for not being helped by people that attacked me, so you havent helped me SEVERAL times, this is the Only time since my not speaking to you that you have ever spoken to me in the room. This time you didnt tell the whole truth again by saying that crude photos then were allowed at that time, they wernt . I havent asked for no Mod, like some have, iv asked for them to be called when needed. Isnt the first time youv lied to me , like the time when you told me there wasnt going to be any mods in room,, remember?? if not you have a short memory, This is why i stepped down from being a mod because you said that, came bake in room and 2 new mods appeared.

Hollie

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Always worth bearing in mind, there are two sides to every story .... To date, only one side has ever been told, and it's not been mine.....:)

Back