Men are not women.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

ladymuck

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Honestly you lot....do you come on here purely to argue just for the sake of it?
When the ova and sperm unite, a blueprint is laid down for the potential human being. Everything is decided at that moment...gender, hair colour etc. It is the genitals which give the outer indication of the gender, although the bone structure is also influenced by the sex. If there is some doubt about the gender, a DNA test will confirm it. Therefore...born male, always male...born female, always female. The gender cannot be changed.
That's it in a nutshell.

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
I wonder if in the future, people will be identified by others, and not identified by any logic, nor science, nor by their own points of view before this system ends.

"You're a witch!" "No, they're a shoe!" "Let's chase funding to prove that they are either a witch or a shoe!!!"...meanwhile the cat says, "Meow".

A_Son_of_God

Forum Reasoner - Nemesis of the Trolls
Reaction score
Honestly you lot....do you come on here purely to argue just for the sake of it?
When the ova and sperm unite, a blueprint is laid down for the potential human being. Everything is decided at that moment...gender, hair colour etc. It is the genitals which give the outer indication of the gender, although the bone structure is also influenced by the sex. If there is some doubt about the gender, a DNA test will confirm it. Therefore...born male, always male...born female, always female. The gender cannot be changed.
That's it in a nutshell.
Nutshell, scrotum, call it what you will...

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
That's it in a nutshell.

The topic of gender and sex is complex and multifaceted, encompassing biological, social, and psychological dimensions. While it's true that the combination of genetic material from sperm and egg determines biological sex, which typically manifests in physical characteristics such as genitalia, it's important to recognize that gender identity is distinct from biological sex.

Gender identity refers to an individual's internal sense of their own gender, which may or may not align with the sex assigned to them at birth based on physical characteristics. Gender identity is deeply personal and may be influenced by a variety of factors, including biology, socialization, culture, and personal experiences.

For some people, their gender identity aligns with the sex they were assigned at birth (cisgender), while for others, their gender identity may differ from their assigned sex (transgender or non-binary). Gender identity is a deeply ingrained aspect of a person's sense of self and may not always conform to societal expectations or norms.

It's essential to approach discussions about gender with empathy, respect, and understanding, recognizing that individuals' experiences of gender identity may vary widely and that everyone deserves to have their identity affirmed and respected.

While biological sex may be determined at conception, gender identity is a more complex and nuanced aspect of human identity that can't simply be reduced to biological determinants. As our understanding of gender continues to evolve, it's important to engage in open, respectful dialogue and to affirm the dignity and rights of all individuals, regardless of their gender identity.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Gender and sexuality are self determined.
Biological sex is not.
Gender and sexuality are not linked.
They are differential choices made, or compulsions acted upon.

It's a very simple situation made more complex because human choice becomes ones own percieved reality, which is fine, but then demanding someone else view it as normal, that is where there is a disconnect.

Whatever one wants to think of themselves is perfectly acceptable, just don't expect people to understand the nature of ones own mind.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
You've touched upon some complex and debated topics. Let's break them down:

Gender and Sexuality: These terms are indeed separate and distinct. Gender refers to the roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men, women, and non-binary individuals. Sexuality, on the other hand, refers to an individual's physical, romantic, emotional, or sexual attraction to others.

Self-Determination: Many people believe that individuals have the right to define their own gender identity and sexual orientation based on their internal sense of who they are. This perspective emphasizes self-identification and personal autonomy.

Biological Sex: Biological sex typically refers to physical attributes such as chromosomes, hormones, and reproductive organs. While it's often categorized as male or female, there are intersex individuals who may have variations in these biological characteristics.

Link Between Gender and Sexuality: While gender identity and sexual orientation are both aspects of human identity, they are distinct from one another. For example, a person's gender identity (e.g., being male, female, non-binary) may not necessarily align with their sexual orientation (e.g., being attracted to men, women, both, or neither).

Individual Perspective vs. Societal Norms: The disconnect you mentioned often arises when individuals' perspectives on gender and sexuality differ from societal norms or expectations. This tension can lead to debates about acceptance, inclusion, and diversity.

Navigating these topics requires sensitivity, respect for diverse perspectives, and a willingness to engage in open and constructive dialogue.

Chip_TheViking

Vegvisir
Reaction score
Gender and sexuality are self determined.
Biological sex is not.
Gender and sexuality are not linked.
this is exactly what I said in my 3rd post on page 1 & it should have settled it
you word it better than I =)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You've touched upon some complex and debated topics. Let's break them down:

Gender and Sexuality: These terms are indeed separate and distinct. Gender refers to the roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men, women, and non-binary individuals. Sexuality, on the other hand, refers to an individual's physical, romantic, emotional, or sexual attraction to others.

Self-Determination: Many people believe that individuals have the right to define their own gender identity and sexual orientation based on their internal sense of who they are. This perspective emphasizes self-identification and personal autonomy.

Biological Sex: Biological sex typically refers to physical attributes such as chromosomes, hormones, and reproductive organs. While it's often categorized as male or female, there are intersex individuals who may have variations in these biological characteristics.

Link Between Gender and Sexuality: While gender identity and sexual orientation are both aspects of human identity, they are distinct from one another. For example, a person's gender identity (e.g., being male, female, non-binary) may not necessarily align with their sexual orientation (e.g., being attracted to men, women, both, or neither).

Individual Perspective vs. Societal Norms: The disconnect you mentioned often arises when individuals' perspectives on gender and sexuality differ from societal norms or expectations. This tension can lead to debates about acceptance, inclusion, and diversity.

Navigating these topics requires sensitivity, respect for diverse perspectives, and a willingness to engage in open and constructive dialogue.

I noticed your quote about the window pane in your signature area.

Emily Pankhurst unless I am mistaken, although unattributed as far as I know.
What do you think was meant by the phrase "The argument of the broken window pane is the most valuable argument in modern politics."
I am curious.

"We are here, not because we are law-breakers; we are here in our efforts to become law-makers."

Considering Pankhurst herself was a business women who wanted to promote her products, along with a media, a growing education of middle class women and an ongoing war where men were dying in the thousands every day.

How does one equate freedom of women from the oppression of men, when said thousands of men are losing their lives every day to ensure that women are free during World War 1.

It's an asinine question I know, but a relevent one considering the times.
Just as I see the continued "Gender pay gap" as asinine as factors beyond simple maths are involved.

Other than that, thanks for answering to my post.

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The quote you mentioned is often attributed to Emmeline Pankhurst, a prominent British suffragette and women's rights activist. While the exact origin of the quote can be debated, its essence speaks to the significance of direct action in politics.

"The argument of the broken window pane" refers metaphorically to the idea that sometimes, in order to bring attention to an issue or effect change, one must take bold actions, even if they involve breaking the rules or norms. This could mean engaging in civil disobedience, protests, or other forms of direct action that disrupt the status quo.

In the context of women's suffrage and the broader struggle for women's rights, Pankhurst and her fellow suffragettes often engaged in acts of civil disobedience and protest, including breaking windows, hunger strikes, and other forms of direct action to draw attention to their cause and pressure the government into granting women the right to vote.

As for the question of gender equality during World War I, it's a complex issue. While it's true that many men were sacrificing their lives in the war effort, it doesn't negate the validity of women's struggle for equality and suffrage. Women contributed significantly to the war effort as well, taking on roles traditionally held by men in factories, agriculture, and other industries while men were away fighting. This shift in gender roles and the recognition of women's contributions during the war helped pave the way for greater acceptance of women's rights and equality in the years that followed.

The gender pay gap is indeed a multifaceted issue, influenced by various factors beyond simple mathematics, including societal norms, discrimination, and systemic inequalities. Addressing it requires a comprehensive understanding of these factors and efforts to dismantle the barriers that contribute to gender-based disparities in pay and opportunities.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The quote you mentioned is often attributed to Emmeline Pankhurst, a prominent British suffragette and women's rights activist. While the exact origin of the quote can be debated, its essence speaks to the significance of direct action in politics.

"The argument of the broken window pane" refers metaphorically to the idea that sometimes, in order to bring attention to an issue or effect change, one must take bold actions, even if they involve breaking the rules or norms. This could mean engaging in civil disobedience, protests, or other forms of direct action that disrupt the status quo.

In the context of women's suffrage and the broader struggle for women's rights, Pankhurst and her fellow suffragettes often engaged in acts of civil disobedience and protest, including breaking windows, hunger strikes, and other forms of direct action to draw attention to their cause and pressure the government into granting women the right to vote.

As for the question of gender equality during World War I, it's a complex issue. While it's true that many men were sacrificing their lives in the war effort, it doesn't negate the validity of women's struggle for equality and suffrage. Women contributed significantly to the war effort as well, taking on roles traditionally held by men in factories, agriculture, and other industries while men were away fighting. This shift in gender roles and the recognition of women's contributions during the war helped pave the way for greater acceptance of women's rights and equality in the years that followed.

The gender pay gap is indeed a multifaceted issue, influenced by various factors beyond simple mathematics, including societal norms, discrimination, and systemic inequalities. Addressing it requires a comprehensive understanding of these factors and efforts to dismantle the barriers that contribute to gender-based disparities in pay and opportunities.

"As for the question of gender equality during World War I, it's a complex issue. While it's true that many men were sacrificing their lives in the war effort, it doesn't negate the validity of women's struggle for equality and suffrage"
How can one possibly equate the loss of thousands of lives to a validity of the suffragettes?
That is insulting.

Yes the suffragettes were fighting for equality, but it was the army which was fighting against tyranny.

What I take from world war one is that women were used as a weapon against men in their own country.

How many men died because they were issued a white feather by women?

Sufferagettes were one of the first to label men cowards for not going to war.

The hypocracy.

I want my freedom, but I want you, a man, to fight for it otherwise your a coward.

How is that equality?

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The suffragette movement and World War I are complex historical phenomena, each with its own nuances and implications. While it's true that some suffragettes used tactics like issuing white feathers to shame men into enlisting, it's important to recognize that not all suffragettes endorsed or participated in such actions. Additionally, many men and women supported the suffrage movement precisely because they believed in the principles of equality and justice for all.

As for World War I, it's undeniable that it had a profound impact on gender dynamics and societal norms. Women's roles in society shifted during the war as they took on new responsibilities in the absence of men who were fighting on the front lines. This led to greater recognition of women's contributions and paved the way for advancements in women's rights.

However, it's also true that the war had devastating consequences for millions of people, both men and women, and it's essential to approach these historical events with empathy and understanding for the complex realities they encompass. Ultimately, the struggle for equality is ongoing and multifaceted, and it requires us to examine history critically and strive for a more just and equitable society.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The suffragette movement and World War I are complex historical phenomena, each with its own nuances and implications. While it's true that some suffragettes used tactics like issuing white feathers to shame men into enlisting, it's important to recognize that not all suffragettes endorsed or participated in such actions. Additionally, many men and women supported the suffrage movement precisely because they believed in the principles of equality and justice for all.

As for World War I, it's undeniable that it had a profound impact on gender dynamics and societal norms. Women's roles in society shifted during the war as they took on new responsibilities in the absence of men who were fighting on the front lines. This led to greater recognition of women's contributions and paved the way for advancements in women's rights.

However, it's also true that the war had devastating consequences for millions of people, both men and women, and it's essential to approach these historical events with empathy and understanding for the complex realities they encompass. Ultimately, the struggle for equality is ongoing and multifaceted, and it requires us to examine history critically and strive for a more just and equitable society.
In other words, you have no answer to the simple question I asked.

How is that equality?

Confused_Fred

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I suspect Fred is just using an AI for his posts anyway...

That not true, it's only the bullshit ones I cant be bovver to answer :cool:

Back