May I ask how long a ban lasts?

lifegoeson

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
It appears I was banned from the site a couple of days ago but no warning or explanation was given me or at least one that made any sense to me . Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain what happened. Consequently I cant contact friends I had made there and no way of telling them what has happened.
I have always tried to uphold the values of the site and would appreciate being able to return. Thank you

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Blimey life, and i missed it!....

J

JustinCredible

Life m8.. I feel your pain and can empathise having been in the same predicament myself.. awful isn't it when the screen goes all dark and you're cut off..I imagine a nuclear winter being very similar.
.Returning to your original question a few people in the past have said it was a maximum 3 day ban but reading the forum i've seen that punitive 'permanent' bans have been handed out .. if/when you're allowed back on i'd tone it down a little if I were you.. whatever 'it' was . . . . .

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Whatever "it" was?..like it lol

lifegoeson

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Life m8.. I feel your pain and can empathise having been in the same predicament myself.. awful isn't it when the screen goes all dark and you're cut off..I imagine a nuclear winter being very similar.
.Returning to your original question a few people in the past have said it was a maximum 3 day ban but reading the forum i've seen that punitive 'permanent' bans have been handed out .. if/when you're allowed back on i'd tone it down a little if I were you.. whatever 'it' was . . . . .
Thanks justin but I would really like to know what "it" is lol .. No one has told me and no warning of this happening was given. Hopefully someone can help me with that

Shelagh

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Surely at the time of the ban you were notified as to why?

J

JustinCredible

Yeah I they used to give the reason for the ban but now I think it just comes up 'TOU violation' but any unfair bans usually get lifted if you chase them up about it.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Yes, be nice if you could help. You have always been pretty good to me
Oh right lol...says he who supposedly "blocks me".!..all i can suggest is that you ask the mod who banned you, you must of done something wrong, maybe disruption in the room?, just saying, like ;)

frankspencer

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
stop trying to be a mod life we all know the rules so don't need you to keep reminding us of them sll this constant sniping from you get on everybodys nerves.

lifegoeson

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh right lol...says he who supposedly "blocks me".!..all i can suggest is that you ask the mod who banned you, you must of done something wrong, maybe disruption in the room?, just saying, like ;)
I have no idea who banned me. At the time i was chatting about my fear of flying so its a mystery to me as to why this happened. Ok Yaris ... I guess I cant count on your help .. Thanks for responding anyway

BruceLee1940

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
i wouldnt count on the mods helping on this one, they always say to contact the mod who banned you but in no way you get told or can find out who banned you. the mods all work to their own personal rules on here, if you are best mates with them you could probably get the ban lifted, there is no consistency when it comes to who gets banned and who gets let back on

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have no idea who banned me. At the time i was chatting about my fear of flying so its a mystery to me as to why this happened. Ok Yaris ... I guess I cant count on your help .. Thanks for responding anyway
Life, there is nothing i can do, i am only a lowly chatter!...get in touch with admin, maybe they can help you, or Hollie...you'll soon be back in the rooms :)

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I take it, its a whole site ban then life?...it must of been something bad then....

J

JustinCredible

It could be worse they could ban you from the forum..imagine that happening? it does bear thinking about . . .

paws

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
maybe you were banned for your constant baiting life,hope your back soon am kinda missing you lol

lifegoeson

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I take it, its a whole site ban then life?...it must of been something bad then....
Be nice to know what it was certainly .... How does one get in touch with Hollie I tried sending a message on the contact page but have heard nothing.. Anyway thanks for the continued interest

Back