Maximum age for Mods in YAH

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Since you seem to have a thing for isms I would just like to mention ageism .

There are actually laws against ageism; age discrimination laws were brought into force in Oct 2006 and can be found in the Equality Act 2010.

Ageism is stereotyping of and discrimination against individuals or groups on the basis of their age. Prejudicial attitudes against older people, old age and the aging process, discriminatory practices against older people and institutional practices and policies that perpetuate stereotypes about elderly people are all types of ageism.

Ageism is surely on a par with racism or could it be deemed to be worse I wonder because some racist remarks are unintentional but ageism is most definitely intentional.

It is also a well known fact that rejecting older people are coping mechanisms that allow people to avoid thinking about their own mortality. :-D

Unfortunately, ageism isn't taken seriously enough. I remember after the EU referendum and it was revealed that most older voters voted to leave, where as most young voted to remain. What i witnessed was some of the most disgusting acts of ageism I've seen. Mentioning that the elderly have taken away the younger generations future and that they'll die soon so why should they vote at all. This kind of rhetoric was left unpunished of course.

J

JustinCredible

You make an excellent point there. People have worked all their lives and the older they get the less they're valued by society and governments in general..in fact i'm sure if they could they'd treat them like the horse in 'Animal Farm'.
What really gets me is you pay tax/N.I into the system all your working life and when you've also paid into a private pension the value of that is taken into consideration when seeing if you're entitled to Housing benefit to pay your rent.. makes me bloody mad.

Back