Lifes unexpected little accidents.

S

Saphire

I just read...

"An eight-year-old girl has been hospitalised after being bitten by an adder during an Easter family picnic at a West Midlands beauty spot.

The child, who has not been named, had her hand swell and was given two IV's of anti-venom after the snake attack near her home in Birmingham"

S

Saphire

Made me wonder who else has been going about their business and something unexpected happens.

I was bit by a swan once (and it drew blood) and my grandson was bit by a squirrel, we had to check his tetanus jabs were in order for that one.
Bites from swans (they dont even have teeth) and squirrels, are not the most usual injuries to get when one is having a nice day out. :oops:

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Made me wonder who else has been going about their business and something unexpected happens.

I was bit by a swan once (and it drew blood) and my grandson was bit by a squirrel, we had to check his tetanus jabs were in order for that one.
Bites from swans (they dont even have teeth) and squirrels, are not the most usual injuries to get when one is having a nice day out. :oops:

Swans can be very territorial I remember as a kid being chased by one!

I had a cat that bit me (doesn’t sound too strange)… I ended up with cat scratch fever, And was admitted to hospital for 2 weeks :oops:

S

Saphire

Funandflirty and WolfSwitche, your stories are very unusual, just shows what can happen when we least expect it.o_O

My neighbour got her eyeball scratched by her newborn daughter, she ended up wearing a patch for ages.
The most inoffensive things (in this case babies and cats, maybe not lizards) :)can be quite lethal.
I also remember playing with a Stingray in some water park....a week or so later Steve Irwin was killed by one.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I noticed this thread yesterday, but couldn't think of anything offhand to contribute. Sunbathing in the garden earlier on, I started thinking about it... and that could be a whole new thread "Signs you're spending too much time online" :) Anyway. I can't think of any animal stories, but I got to thinking about a time I was on holiday. I can't remember where, probably Fuerteventura. I was walking barefoot along the beach at the shore, dodging dead crabs and the like. and was just about to step on a large patch of seaweed, when i drew my foot away from it, there was something about it... Probing it, I discovered someone had dug a deep hole and embedded a sharpened pole in it, spike pointing upwards. What's the mentality of someone to do something like that? :rolleyes: Obviously I removed the spike. A lucky escape from an unexpected accident, no not accident.. evil doings :mad:

A

AGirlHasNoName

I've been chased by geese once at a lake thing in Milton Keynes. Other than that, a few years ago I was stood at a bus stop and a truck stopped in traffic and something exploded all over me, some horrible smelly brown oily stuff, I sh** myself thinking it was acid or something and some nice school kids at the bus stop gave me their bottle of water to wash down a bit, safe to say I went straight home and scrubbed myself raw in the bath. Was pretty scary that actually.

S

Saphire

I've been chased by geese once at a lake thing in Milton Keynes. Other than that, a few years ago I was stood at a bus stop and a truck stopped in traffic and something exploded all over me, some horrible smelly brown oily stuff, I sh** myself thinking it was acid or something and some nice school kids at the bus stop gave me their bottle of water to wash down a bit, safe to say I went straight home and scrubbed myself raw in the bath. Was pretty scary that actually.
Wow, that is scary, it could have been something really lethal.o_O

When my son was at college, he got a part-time job in the holidays, working at a building yard.
They had him moving around sacks with some substance in it.....after a few days he came out in the most horrendous boils all over his neck. Needless to say, he didn't stay there long.

S

Saphire

I noticed this thread yesterday, but couldn't think of anything offhand to contribute. Sunbathing in the garden earlier on, I started thinking about it... and that could be a whole new thread "Signs you're spending too much time online" :) Anyway. I can't think of any animal stories, but I got to thinking about a time I was on holiday. I can't remember where, probably Fuerteventura. I was walking barefoot along the beach at the shore, dodging dead crabs and the like. and was just about to step on a large patch of seaweed, when i drew my foot away from it, there was something about it... Probing it, I discovered someone had dug a deep hole and embedded a sharpened pole in it, spike pointing upwards. What's the mentality of someone to do something like that? :rolleyes: Obviously I removed the spike. A lucky escape from an unexpected accident, no not accident.. evil doings :mad:
Truly evil, anyone, including a child, could have been killed. Kids love messing about on the beach...you possibly saved one from a horrendous fate.

Many accidents can be prevented, but like you say, there was nothing 'accidental' about what you saw.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Geese are great guard animals.
A mate of my dad's lived in a caravan out in the sticks, he had 2.
They we loud as f**k if you got anywhere near his land :D
They got out one day and broke a cyclists arm as he rode past on the trail near his caravan.

Luckily the cyclist didnt press charges so they werent put down.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Geese are great guard animals.
A mate of my dad's lived in a caravan out in the sticks, he had 2.
They we loud as f**k if you got anywhere near his land :D
They got out one day and broke a cyclists arm as he rode past on the trail near his caravan.

Luckily the cyclist didnt press charges so they werent put down.
It`s very true about the noise they make if anyone gets near them or their pen. A neighbour who backed onto us had one many years ago and i wouldn`t try to get into her garden :)

S

Saphire

It`s very true about the noise they make if anyone gets near them or their pen. A neighbour who backed onto us had one many years ago and i wouldn`t try to get into her garden :)
That implies if she didn't have the goose, you may have tried to get into her garden. :oops::D

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
That implies if she didn't have the goose, you may have tried to get into her garden. :oops::D
We had free access to each others gardens in those days ,neighbours were "neighbours" .What i iplied ( you might try to learn oldee English !) is that if i was anyone i would NOT try to get into her garden. The house as a 3 generation property and the Goose belonged to the old Lady.
Are you with me now dahlink ? ;)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
How can a goose break a cyclist's arm?

Perhaps the goose distracted the cyclist in some way and he fell off his bike, due to the distraction... or maybe they crossed the road in front of him and he consequently fell off his bike as he was riding at a fast pace and couldn't stop in time to avoid a collision with the geese.

But claiming that a goose broke a person's arm .... :rolleyes:
Geese are pretty strong Birds mate ! Swans are agressive and Geese are the same .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Yeah right ... and what are they going to break an adult cyclistìs arm with, their beak?

Unless the cyclist was a small child or a disabled person who couldn't defend themselves from the goose..

You read far too much fake news on the web lol
I have known Swans to break a mans arm . You underestimate their strength i`m afraid .

S

Saphire

They may not break your arm...unless you are so scared you run off, fall, and break your own arm, but they can certainly bite....even without teeth.o_O
I hasten to add, this swan wasn't aggressive, just too eager to snatch bread from my hand.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Probably to perve through her window :)
You are obsessd with "perving " ,is it your speciality ? Ohh ,i forgot ,your hobby is hacking peoples Social Media sites to copy data and maybe post it later on a chatsite eh ?.:)

Last edited:
Back