Is Marriage just a piece of Paper ?

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
I hear this often..."whats the point of getting married, it's literaly a piece of paper, means nothing"....
.... plenty of arguments for and against i guess. When you officialy tie the knot are you not in essance letting your partner know you are taking the realtionship
seriously, the ultimate level of seriousness in fact...or is it just that, a piece of paper doesnt mean or do jackshit, not like it's got anyspecial powers is it, cant step in can it to save a relationship in turmoil.....

If your feelings are deep enough for one another, neither will want to let go ..ever.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
For some women a marriage certificate is the most valuable peace of paper they will ever own. If they are ever asked to temporarily part with it, by posting it with a working tax.. passport application etc whatever.. they will break out in a cold sweat. I say some women, not all are like that. As for men, there's definitely not the same attachment.

S

Saphire

For some women a marriage certificate is the most valuable peace of paper they will ever own. If they are ever asked to temporarily part with it, by posting it with a working tax.. passport application etc whatever.. they will break out in a cold sweat. I say some women, not all are like that. As for men, there's definitely not the same attachment.
And yet, my OH went round telling people he would marry me before I barely knew him.
I probably would have always wanted the certificate, but he was definitely keener than I was at the time.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
If your blind date whispers passionately during an intimate encounter at KFC and a few minutes after first meeting you, while gazing into your eyes like a newborn lamb, I don't usually say this on first dates but I think you are the person I am going to marry, immediately make an excuse and go to the toilet, however small the window is, or how high it is, jump out of it headfirst.

Abandon your Volvo in the carpark and make your way home on foot taking an unusual route using only well-lit areas with lots of people around. Collect your emergency holdall from the cupboard under the stairs and head for the local train station. Buy a one-way ticket to a remote area, at least 500 miles away, and camp out in the woods for a minimum of 30 days and 30 nights, leaving only when it is dark to buy more rations and to ask the solitary shopkeeper if any strangers have visited the local area recently.

:D

Back