Invisibility

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
on UK Chat lobby especially its generally loud mouthed, opinionated people full of their own ego's who like to hang around with same such people...
The first rule of chat is that like-minded people will always find each other. Surely you can find someone in there who is interested in 'putting forth idea's or suggestions for an actual conversation about event's or theories'...

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
There seems to be a particular type of person on different chat sites I go on, each site has their own 'flavour'....on UK Chat lobby especially its generally loud mouthed, opinionated people full of their own ego's who like to hang around with same such people...anybody putting forth idea's or suggestions for an actual conversation about event's or theories is totally ignored by this non stop 24/7 banter exchanging pointless waffle....bitter? me? nah

Have you tried the 40/50 chatroom ? I think you may love that one ( hahahaa}. First prize for the smear of the other chatrooms whilst they post endless innuendo ,very nice room :).

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The first rule of chat is that like-minded people will always find each other. Surely you can find someone in there who is interested in 'putting forth idea's or suggestions for an actual conversation about event's or theories'...
I can understand where Nick is coming from . Maybe he needs to try "Debates " room"? very new but no very active yet .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Dumb and Dumber spring to mind.
Your threads get a lot of response considering this is a smallish forum.

I think that Dumb & Dumber just react ( humorously) to the other "clique" who try to rule the Forums along with chatrooms too :)
They are the best thing to happen to these Forums in my opinion.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Block them? My problem is getting people TO read my messages! Some people don't like me (impossible! I hear you cry :)) If you make it known that you like certain posters on here, that's enough to get you disliked by others... That's the mentality of some. :rolleyes:
True very true!

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The post was about if person A blocks, person B, then A can’t see B, but A wants it made so B can’t see them as well.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I think there should be a way so you can't be seen by others, as when issues arise with others we get told to use ignore and yes that means we then can't see what they're saying etc. However, this then seems to leave them thinking they can, sit there and type what they like as you can't see and everyone else can see. You can tell you're being talked about by how others react to them or how they reply, and you get chatters asking if what they said is true, did you see what they said about you or calling you stuff because they believe what's said. Telling a chatter to use ignore doesn't necessarily solve the issue, the person who was insulting or offending the chatter just carries on regardless and that's prolonged harassment, which is against the rules, but as they are blocked you cannot report it and if you do they say to block/ use ignore. When fully grown adults sit there slagging others and sometimes more a few together and then its seen by others who may believe it etc. They don't seem to be told to stop or to use their ignore, and then you can't defend yourself because you've ignored and they say oh its fake block etc, as I've been told what's said or seen it said about others. The ignore function is good, but the ones who've caused the issue and carry on thinking it's funny as they can't be seen should be told to stop or to ignore as well. So, both ways should be blocked.

Cosmonaut

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I think there should be a way so you can't be seen by others, as when issues arise with others we get told to use ignore and yes that means we then can't see what they're saying etc. However, this then seems to leave them thinking they can, sit there and type what they like as you can't see and everyone else can see. You can tell you're being talked about by how others react to them or how they reply, and you get chatters asking if what they said is true, did you see what they said about you or calling you stuff because they believe what's said. Telling a chatter to use ignore doesn't necessarily solve the issue, the person who was insulting or offending the chatter just carries on regardless and that's prolonged harassment, which is against the rules, but as they are blocked you cannot report it and if you do they say to block/ use ignore. When fully grown adults sit there slagging others and sometimes more a few together and then its seen by others who may believe it etc. They don't seem to be told to stop or to use their ignore, and then you can't defend yourself because you've ignored and they say oh its fake block etc, as I've been told what's said or seen it said about others. The ignore function is good, but the ones who've caused the issue and carry on thinking it's funny as they can't be seen should be told to stop or to ignore as well. So, both ways should be blocked.
Also, as well as a potential invisibility function, a function to make other chatters invisible within the online user list. You know, for when other chatters don't wanna know I'm online.

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Also, as well as a potential invisibility function, a function to make other chatters invisible within the online user list. You know, for when other chatters don't wanna know I'm online.
Sorry did you mean you don't want others to know you're online? How do you know others don't want to know you're online?

Claire8

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Also, as i said previously that you use block/ignore and then the chatter who caused offence etc carries on, this is also disruptive to the room. Like last night in the 40s-50s room a chatter repeatedly went on about another and was saying she's not blocked me fake block etc. It distracts from the chat in the room, causes remarks or rows from other chatters who like the chatter and then defend and also paints a picture of the chatter they are insulting, and some may believe what they say. I have had this myself with a few chatters, who I've blocked and when I'm aware they're chatting as I see others tab them etc, it makes me not want to bother chatting in the room. In one room there are two of them and I see others replying she doesn't like me either, when I'd said nothing, and some chatters don't chat to me and do to them and i feel that's because of whatever they're saying. It seems to be a reoccurring issue, for myself there's one man who does it in the lobby and two men in another room. Then there's a few males in the lobby who go on about a female and the male who goes on about the female in 40s room. I don't see why chatters are expected to block/ignore and they are left to carry on as they like, when its prolonged harassment, disruptive to the chat/rooms, puts some off chatting and might put off new chatters.

elwoodbluz1966

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the chatter uses ignore and does not respond, then the mods can see that the chatter is not responding and can then start the process of action, which if ignored, may eventually lead to a ban for prolonged harassment. Prolonged does not however mean one or two bitchy/snipey comments. If chatters don't ignore, and argue back, then this is just an argument and drama, and will not be dealt with unless one of those involved directly breaks a site rule or the TOU or the situation draws so many chatters in, it starts to cause room disruption. We and the moderators are not here to 'referee' petty arguments - everyone is an adult and can choose to either mentally ignore or use the ignore feature provided.

With regards to being told what is going on when you have put another chatter on ignore, then it's those telling you who are perpetuating the situation and you should tell them to stop, as you have placed them on ignore for a reason. Even if no mod is present, enough other chatters can report prolonged harassment via the report feature, when they see the other party is not responding in any way. The report may not be dealt with right at that moment, but it will be looked at as soon as possible.

Please remember, all moderators and Admin are volunteers - this IS NOT a job - and they give up their free time to help chatters keep safe and enforce the site rules and TOU. Ignore truly does work - starve a troll of attention and it soon becomes redundant or bored. Those that don't, other chatters will report or any of the moderation team, if present at the time, WILL deal with it. Please do not expect everything that is reported to result in a ban though, because that is not how it works, unless it is illegal activity, a clear direct break of rules such as rape threats, bestiality etc or the TOU of this chat site.

Thank you

Cosmonaut

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Sorry did you mean you don't want others to know you're online? How do you know others don't want to know you're online?
I meant for those situations where either I don't wanna see another chatter's name (let alone observe what bullshit they could be spewing in the chat room), or vice versa. Let's assume it's usually vice versa.

Back