i7 pc or laptop

Billy2Sheds

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Looking for a new laptop/pc.

Budget £1000.

Would i get an half decent branded one for that amount?

might stretch to £1300 at a push.

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
eBay is always worth a gander, some sellers on eBay will build a high spec desktop for you in the precise spec you want. Decent laptops start around £650+

It depends on what brand you want and what you will use it for.

AMD v i7 processor etc.

Billy2Sheds

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
looking for i7 processor,ssd,and want it too start up quickly.
used for browsing/shopping etc.
May be overkill but i wan't the best.

thanks for your reply

Last edited:

SamBally

Reaction score
I had mine built on eBay although I paid a bit more than your budget but you will still get a very nice i7 desktop for £1300. Not top-of-the-range graphics card but very close to.

SamBally

Reaction score
Also, Currys have some good deals at the moment.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
To be fair I wouldn't go to DSG or Currys, used to work for PC world know how crap their stuff is.

I always use Scan.co.uk or Aria.co.uk for my bit's and build em myself but they do full systems to.

I wouldn't get a laptop either, ok they are portable, but you cant upgrade them (much) and they burn your dick if you use em on your knee :)

Billy2Sheds

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I'm now trying for a i9 processor with a new budget of between £1,500 to £2000 as i've saved a bit more.
I'm willing to bide my time to get the right one....

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
I'm now trying for a i9 processor with a new budget of between £1,500 to £2000 as i've saved a bit more.
I'm willing to bide my time to get the right one....

Yer mad paying that much lol

M

MrFishy

I've used msi lappys for years. Far better than mac's.

Look at:

MSI STEALTH 15M NVIDIA RTX 3060, 16GB, 15.6" 144HZ FHD, I7-11375H GAMING LAPTOP​

You wont get much better than his for £1200. I'd post a link... but it wont let me. Look on overclockers for it.

K

Kev1n

Never buy a laptop or pc from the likes of PC World, Curry's, Argos or a catalogue site, they are usually outdated before they start selling them so when you get them they are at least two generations old.

If you know how build one yourself, it is really easy and just like playing with Lego in that all the pieces connect together and they are normally all supplied with instructions, failing that there is always my best mate Go ogle.

If you do not think you are up to the task of self build the only real option is Overclockers or Scan, although for the money you have ,you are not going to get much. What I can suggest is, if you do use either of these two sites, purchase as small a hard drive as possible and the cheapest lowest amount of ram, this will bring down the price of what you are looking for and can be increased later on very easily when you have more funds available.

All that said, if all you are doing is using it for the internet you do not need a system that big or powerful. Try to find someone local who knows what they are doing and see if they will build you one. Be very careful of buying used on EB ay, you can often get stung, pay a lot of money and end up with an antique. Don't believe everyone who tells you this is a fast laptop or pc, some people will say anything to get a sale.

One last point, the main component that improves start up is the Hard drive, if possible try to find something that has a Solid State drive from a reputable name, buy one of these lesser known Chinees drives and you might as well just purchase the old school mechanical hard drive. Ram is not really that important unless you are using ram hungry programmes like video editing, graphics design or games, the minimum to look for would be 8MB but to be on the safe side try and go with 16MB. Windows 10 is probably the fastest of all Windows operating systems ever, it does not matter what version you buy and this can be purchased legally for around £10 or less if you shop around, look on line for all your components, do not buy from shops they will either see pound signs or palm you off with outdated tech. Start up of your PC or laptop is greatly effected by available space on your drive, the fuller it is the slower it will go and the more programmes you have on the drive, the more things Windows has to do which also greatly effects the start up speed.

Ever need any help or advice contact me I am happy to share what I know.

K

Kev1n

For what you want this is a steal. Asus VivoBook L510MA: £249 @ Amazon.

BjornToulouse

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Dell tower, i7, 16gb, 500gb ssd

... Then for backup - 1tb external, oh for games - some £1k card

NickUK

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
the AMD CPU's piss over the intel ones for speed to price ratio

Back