I just want to find happiness

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
i do too, try the local fellowships as ive seen a massive amount of success from those...... however the thing is with them, is that you have to really want change for them to work for you, you cant use them as distraction tactics from your problems or youll fail, you have to want it to work, you have to tackle your problems head on or you end up just driving any help away in the end, trust me on that, i know that behaviour all too well mate. You can do this!
That's your best advice, I'd try that. x
Things will get better, no matter how dark they feel right now. x

S

Saphire

I think I need to
That's good, bottling things up can make problems worse.

If you trust a family member or a friend that's a good start. A family Dr can refer you to a therapist, (not impossible even in these times, I have a family member who is having therapy on the NHS, and it's been helpful)

Koolashaker

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
That's good, bottling things up can make problems worse.

If you trust a family member or a friend that's a good start. A family Dr can refer you to a therapist, (not impossible even in these times, I have a family member who is having therapy on the NHS, and it's been helpful)
I m under a therapist as I've been diagnosed with Eupd,ptsd,and bi polar but it doesn't seem to help im afraid,that said I'm finding this forum helpful surprisingly,for that I'm lost for words,thank you all so so much.

Koolashaker

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
That's your best advice, I'd try that. x
Things will get better, no matter how dark they feel right now. x
Hope is a fickle thing and I've lost all faith in it,that said I'm still trying to find something and suppose still fighting( only just). To the last breath as they say.

S

Saphire

I m under a therapist as I've been diagnosed with Eupd,ptsd,and bi polar but it doesn't seem to help im afraid,that said I'm finding this forum helpful surprisingly,for that I'm lost for words,thank you all so so much.
Well in my experience, garnering help from whatever source available, if it helps, is a good thing.
There will always be negativity on a public forum, if not aimed at you, aimed at someone else, but for everyone who just comes in to snipe, there will be others who genuinely will want to help, just by listening or sharing their own experiences.

I have shared problems on debate/chat forums in the past, and it's helped me too, so you are not alone.

Reaction score
Lonely and lost, I was in that place earlier in the year. Find something that you enjoy doing and try to spend time around people. Anything that can distract you from any negativity and get some positive stuff happening. Get some hope and confidence back in yourself. People usually find themselves depressed at this time of year and Covid was majorly depressing for a number of people. Get yourself out for some walks, join a walking group or take a walk around the park. Better than nothing.

funandflirty

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hope is a fickle thing and I've lost all faith in it,that said I'm still trying to find something and suppose still fighting( only just). To the last breath as they say.

I echo all the amazing words everyone else has said, sometimes knowing you’re not alone in your feelings is powerful and the beauty of online is it is as anonymous as you want it to be.

Take each hour as it comes, if an hour seems to daunting break it down further - I find ‘grounding’ helpful (Google can give you some tips), I also celebrate the wins everyday - even if it is just getting out of bed that day and surviving.

And remember
So far you’ve survived 100% of your worst days! You’re doing so much better than you give yourself credit for xx

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
the question you have to ask yourself is................are you looking for distractions or solutions?

Koolashaker

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
i do too, try the local fellowships as ive seen a massive amount of success from those...... however the thing is with them, is that you have to really want change for them to work for you, you cant use them as distraction tactics from your problems or youll fail, you have to want it to work, you have to tackle your problems head on or you end up just driving any help away in the end, trust me on that, i know that behaviour all

the question you have to ask yourself is................are you looking for distractions or solutions?
I honestly can't answer that,I don't know

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Being happy, it's a choice.

Some folks find it in a bottle, some with drugs, others by being something they are not online.
They all make us something else, but dont address the problem.
In all the time I have spent talking to people, I learnt only one thing.

Being happy is simply saying "Feck it".
I am who I am.
Then accepting that and moving on.

We all have flaws, we have all hurt people, we have all been asshats.
We have all had the world turn against us and treat us like sh!t.

Some more than others.

The only way to find peace in my view is to accept who you are and move on.

It's why I love Shakespeare's Henry 5th quote.
"Self love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self neglecting"

Even though the charactor who said it was an arrogant asshat, it's still true.

Old fashioned I know, but you get one life, make the best of it.

My Nan said to me "The day you dont learn something new is a day wasted"
Sometimes what I learn hurts, sometimes it gives me hope.

Never give up on what life is, a journey, it takes you from one place to another.
It makes you happy, sad, hopeful, hateful, it brings you love and loneliness.

It's human nature to remember the bad, it's how we learn by our mistakes.
Remembering the good is harder.

But there is plenty of good in life if you seek it out, learn from it and take it to heart.

S

Saphire

Being happy, it's a choice.

Some folks find it in a bottle, some with drugs, others by being something they are not online.
They all make us something else, but dont address the problem.
In all the time I have spent talking to people, I learnt only one thing.

Being happy is simply saying "Feck it".
I am who I am.
Then accepting that and moving on.

We all have flaws, we have all hurt people, we have all been asshats.
We have all had the world turn against us and treat us like sh!t.

Some more than others.

The only way to find peace in my view is to accept who you are and move on.

It's why I love Shakespeare's Henry 5th quote.
"Self love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self neglecting"

Even though the charactor who said it was an arrogant asshat, it's still true.

Old fashioned I know, but you get one life, make the best of it.

My Nan said to me "The day you dont learn something new is a day wasted"
Sometimes what I learn hurts, sometimes it gives me hope.

Never give up on what life is, a journey, it takes you from one place to another.
It makes you happy, sad, hopeful, hateful, it brings you love and loneliness.

It's human nature to remember the bad, it's how we learn by our mistakes.
Remembering the good is harder.

But there is plenty of good in life if you seek it out, learn from it and take it to heart.
I agree with a lot of what you say, but then I have never suffered from depression.
I don't think your policy of living life would always work if you are dogged down in a mental illness that consumes rational thought.

Back