How do I wind someone up?

SamBally

Dance with me until the sun rises!
Reaction score
I did try winding someone up because they are annoying me but without them knowing I was trying to wind them up. That didn't work because they didn't get wound up and so didn't know that they were meant to be wound up because they didn't know that they are annoying me.

SamBally

Reaction score
The beautiful songbird, adazzled with splendor, outgrew a guilded cage. Fly free Mr. Ostritch, fly free!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I did try winding someone up because they are annoying me but without them knowing I was trying to wind them up. That didn't work because they didn't get wound up and so didn't know that they were meant to be wound up because they didn't know that they are annoying me.
The simplest way, I find, is just to type something on the threads they create.
It works for me.

:cool:

SamBally

Reaction score
One small step for mankind.

Use the bloody tape measure and not the manhole cover to measure the hole.

S

Saphire

Ignorance is sometimes bliss. :D

SamBally

Reaction score
Oh soothe my feverish brow, embrace this broken heart, the soft warmth of your loving touch. I beg thee, to know you still yearn for me and that you are still in love with me. And BTW, we have run out of blueberries for the porridge.

SamBally

Reaction score
Some people recommend pricking a sausage before cooking it. No no no! Never prick a humble banger, allow the meat to baste in its protective sheathe, a moister, much more succulent, tastier banger is the end result.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Some people recommend pricking a sausage before cooking it. No no no! Never prick a humble banger, allow the meat to baste in its protective sheathe, a moister, much more succulent, tastier banger is the end result.
I liken you to a small sausage that would recoil from a prick.
Which reminds me; where IS TwoWaifsInPoo?
:rolleyes:

SamBally

Reaction score
No chain will restrain me, no wall will contain me, no imprisonment will destroy me, for I am free! Back to solitary Bally lights out in 30 minutes!

SamBally

Reaction score
If you place a mug on a table facing south while you sit at the north side of the table, facing a window that points west, on which side is the mug's handle?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Great thread! Sadly, winding someone up is a dying art (a bit like stamp collecting) Winding up is impossible on this site with it being so well moderated. But winding up is best done as a double act. Whilst egging each other on, one can lead the attack and the other acts as wingman, watching his leader's arse (Ooo Err!). One other thing to bear mind, is that one person can wind up half a dozen, but if half a dozen wind up one - that's bullying. So be careful you don't fall into that trap. Having said all that, winding up can still be done, only slyly! Done properly, only the person you're winding up knows they're being wound up. If they complain - no one will believe them, further adding to your pleasure. Oh the schadenfreude :)
So a friends says...

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Great thread! Sadly, winding someone up is a dying art (a bit like stamp collecting) Winding up is impossible on this site with it being so well moderated. But winding up is best done as a double act. Whilst egging each other on, one can lead the attack and the other acts as wingman, watching his leader's arse (Ooo Err!). One other thing to bear mind, is that one person can wind up half a dozen, but if half a dozen wind up one - that's bullying. So be careful you don't fall into that trap. Having said all that, winding up can still be done, only slyly! Done properly, only the person you're winding up knows they're being wound up. If they complain - no one will believe them, further adding to your pleasure. Oh the schadenfreude :)
So a friends says...
He already is part of a double act in the Forum, if you are feigning naivety.
Double acts are quite easy to identify; they mutually give one another 'the thumbs up' after each other's postings.
As for the site being 'well moderated", I would dispute that judging from my own and other contributors' testimonies.
What this perpetual idiot does is propagate political nonsense that few others care to pass comment on. A pointless exercise in itself.
Please don't interpret my response as being 'wound up'. You know very well that I disapprove of rubbish being disseminated in the Forum.
These people live in a complete fantasy world of their own making. Nobody else's.
:rolleyes:

SamBally

Reaction score
wood-sparse.png

Look at the state of labour canvassing for a VERY important by-election under the knight of the realm. They managed to string together a mighty 9 people, including the actual candidate Ben Who Am I, while they pretend they are serious opposition. If that kid on the right banged on your door and started blabbering on about New New New Labour you would set the dog on him.

SamBally

Reaction score
These people live in a complete fantasy world of their own making. Nobody else's.

Says the extremely angry has been (never was) attempting to, but failing abysmally, insult randoms online on his lonesome at 3.19 am.

Get a life you desperate, despicable, contemptible, deplorable, pitiable, wretched old wankpot.

sfgbfghsfghhgf.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Says the extremely angry has been (never was) attempting to, but failing abysmally, insult randoms online on his lonesome at 3.19 am.

Get a life you desperate, despicable, contemptible, deplorable, pitiable, wretched old wankpot.

View attachment 6789

LOL @ wretched old wankpot!

haha.jpg

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have the forum gift of winding some people up without even trying, so if anyone needs any tips....:cool:
Ah, but are you yourself aware that at times, you may be being wound up like a pocket watch? I see you giving advice to all and sundry. Names on here come and go at short notice. You're left wondering who they are/were... Or is that me being paranoid? quite possibly :rolleyes:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Ah, but are you yourself aware that at times, you may be being wound up like a pocket watch? I see you giving advice to all and sundry. Names on here come and go at short notice. You're left wondering who they are/were... Or is that me being paranoid? quite possibly :rolleyes:
It seems I have succeeded in winding up that 'Sapphire' . Not intentionally. But things happen aye. ;)

S

Saphire

I seldom get wound up Lady, either on a forum or in the real world.
I do like to help people if I can, or if I think it's asked for... it's force of habit. :D

I don't think you are being paranoid, people just think differently, and yes, people do come and go on a forum, unless they become a long time forum 'mate', it never bothers me.

Back