Hi I'm Sara

SaraMo33

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new here so just introducing myself. I'm 33 from Wales.
I've been down lately. Tell me 1 thing that might restore my faith in humanity.

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Hello Sara and yes I know that humans can be horrible creatures and why I actually prefer the company of animals. Oh a good story to read about is Turia Pitt who went through a horrific fire storm whilst running an ultramarathon and survived. She has reached out and inspired and helped many others even all these years later. Currently where I live in Australia communities are banding together to help each other get back on their feet after all the devastation we have suffered here showing not all humans are horrible.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I make a point not to just walk past and rudely ignore the chuggers (charity muggers) in the high street. It's not an easy job they have and it only takes a mo to stop and say 'no thanks, I don't want to waste your time - I'm not interested' and move on.

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I make a point not to just walk past and rudely ignore the chuggers (charity muggers) in the high street. It's not an easy job they have and it only takes a mo to stop and say 'no thanks, I don't want to waste your time - I'm not interested' and move on.
Look by all means if you know you can give sure. A lot of the charity chuggers as you put it I have noticed aren't even local they are overseas people on a travel visa trying to make a bit of commission. I usually say I donate to one particular cause, which I have for years now and if I win Lotto by all means I will give a portion to the organisation in question. Sadly most of us aren't millionaires right and salaries/ wages have barely risen over the last couple of years so one gives when one can.

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I still open the door for people give up my seat on the train to women and the elderly and i smile and talk to complete strangers..x
That is lovely to read that as I naturally assume we all do that. It doesn't take much effort to smile and be kind to others who sadly "You" might be the only human contact they have had for the day.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have Direct Debits which go out monthly to charities, I rescued a dog, have fed FIVE hedgehogs over this winter. I teach people who rarely want to learn (and never bring a pen!), don't steal and I haven't pushed over an old woman on a zebra crossing for AGES!:D

B

Bad_Influence

I have Direct Debits which go out monthly to charities, I rescued a dog, have fed FIVE hedgehogs over this winter. I teach people who rarely want to learn (and never bring a pen!), don't steal and I haven't pushed over an old woman on a zebra crossing for AGES!:D

But how many old MEN have you pushed over on a zebra crossing? You really should be an equal-opportunities "old-person-pusher". :D:D:p

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Being old lady whose not getting her pension yet [don't get me started] Please don't push me over on crossings I have had to stop giving to charities, took in a rescue dog instead .
Hi sara hope you feeling better now.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

I often Try to Teach folk too...But they just don't get it...Some folks just don't have it in them to learn. !

Once a dumb rock, always a dumb rock.

Until ....:D

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Being old lady whose not getting her pension yet [don't get me started] Please don't push me over on crossings I have had to stop giving to charities, took in a rescue dog instead .
Hi sara hope you feeling better now.
I RESCUE people having trubbles sorting their pensions on zebra crossings!:p

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I'm new here so just introducing myself. I'm 33 from Wales.
I've been down lately. Tell me 1 thing that might restore my faith in humanity.
How's your faith doing thus far? x

Back