Handy Tips

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Further to my Tumble dryer saga in the above posts ^^^
When I purchased the dryer I was offered free delivery and they'd take my old machine away. Also, if I bought anything else from them in the next 12 months that also would qualify for free delivery and they'd take away the old appliance. - All for a payment of £36. I took them up on the offer. I didn't end up buying anything else from them so I came to thinking that it wasn't worth the money.
Imagine my dismay when checking my bank statement recently to find that the company had taken another £36 on the off-chance that I would be buying something from them this year and would again want free delivery etc....
For the past two weeks i've been bounced back and forth between my bank and the retailer. The result? - No refund, i've done my money. And just when I was saving up to go to the dentist! :eek:

Be advised, If you're making a one-off payment for a service online, make sure it's not a recurring payment.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
A friend had a similar problem. She paid extra by buying a yearly holiday insurance on the off-chance that she might go abroad a second time. As it happens, she didn't, so it was a waste of money, but that's down to her... But the following year because of her poor finances, she had no intention of holidaying, only to discover they debited money out of her bank for another years insurance. She never got her money back either. It's a legal scam!

So...be advised, If you're making a one-off payment for a service online, make sure it's not a recurring payment.

Back